iPad blitz blok

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by J.R. Jalapeno, Mar 22, 2009.

1. J.R. Jalapeno

J.R. Jalapeno Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2008
  2. soup

soup Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2009
  3. DaveMc99

DaveMc99 Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2009
    Seattle, WA USA
  4. J.R. Jalapeno

Oct 6, 2008
  5. J.R. Jalapeno

Oct 6, 2008
    well i bought it and i think its a really good game. very slick graphics and presentation. there are 4 different modes that adds a lot of replay. i think it was worth the $2. its a good game when you only have a few minutes. well done. i just love these kind of vectrex graphics in games too.

6. travistrue08

travistrue08 Active Member

Mar 23, 2009
    President, Founder, Programmer, Game Designer, Par
    Vegas, Baby!
    Hey! I'm the developer of Blitz Blok. I was doing a google search to see how much coverage Blitz Blok has gotten by the other sites ever since the updates, and found a forum thread dedicated to it already, which is awesome! So, if anyone has any suggestions on how to make the gameplay a little more interesting, or any requests on new game modes, I would like to hear about them! Please shoot an email my way: true.truesoftent@gmail.com. I hope to hear from you!

7. Zincous

Zincous Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2008
    Sacramento, CA
    Welcome to the forums! Thanks for posting and being active with your game. I am getting the lite version right now and probably will get the full game soon since you are joined TA.

8. Zincous

Dec 23, 2008
    Sacramento, CA
    Ok so after playing some games on the lite version I have a couple suggestions....

Have an instructions page explaining the game and how to play.
    Like what each block does and what everything does/shows.
    Because right now there are a bunch of different colored squares that I don't know what they do.

Sounds for button presses on the main menu, and for the 3,2,1 count down before the game. Right now the music just cuts in at the start and I think sound should be in the whole menu not just during gameplay.

You should update the iTunes lite version page explaining what the lite version doesn't have compared to the full version. And what we are getting for our $2.

Overall this game is fun and plays very well. I like it.

9. rIcHrAnDoM

rIcHrAnDoM Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    Hey Travis, welcome to TA, I'm going to take the "Zincous" :D route and check out the lite version now.

Btw, this is what it's all about; I probably never would have checked this game out had I not seen a rep from the dev team active here. Take note developers! If you are dedicated to your sales, and proud of your work, hopefully we'll see you here. Thanks again Travis, I'll post some thoughts after checking out the trial:)

10. Zincous

Dec 23, 2008
    Sacramento, CA
    Exactly.

11. Scott30

Scott30 Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2009
    Being new to the forums myself, I was just hoping to see a active forum about iphone games but what I have loved about the forums so far the most are all the devs that are active with the community trying to improve their games. Its a win-win situation. And I always try to support games where devs are doing this and have from this forum.

12. rIcHrAnDoM

Patreon Silver

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    Undoubtedly.

Glad you're liking it at TA, and thanks for being a productive member early on. (thanks for that link earlier:D)

13. travistrue08

Mar 23, 2009
    Vegas, Baby!
    #13 travistrue08, Mar 23, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2009
    AND

Well, hey thank you for the support, guys! It's much appriciated! :) I am definitely happy I created an account when I saw this thread! I guess I'll have to make these forums my new home forums for my iPhone initiatives just as www.psp-programming.com is for my former PSP development projects.

I would also like to note that all of Zincous' suggestions have already either been in a test-build previously, but cut for some unfortunate reason, or disapproved by Apple. However, now that an actual client has directly suggested that these features be added, there are no excuses, and so I need to get these features added as soon as I can ;) Here are my responses:

Instructions:
    I will definitely add an Instructions page (again). The original build did have a full-blown instructions page with color-coded scrollable, text. It never made it into the full release since one of my friends, and soon-to-be co-designer, wanted the text to be enlarged which was not an option at the time. It will though!

Sound Effects:
    I definitely agree. Blitz Blok is really hurting for new sound effects. Our current sound person went AWOL temporarily due to his own work (this is all our first year in college :D). I have an entire list of about 40+ sound effects, and Cam (our sound guy) has some of them done, but I have not been able to get in touch from him in the past couple of months.

List of Features Lite Players Are Missing Out On:
    I did have a complete list of features that the players playing the Lite version are missing out on in both the game description in iTunes and the game's game over screen, but had to take them out because Apple told me to. They told me I cannot make any reference to the full game in order to "up-sell" in although "Lite" versions are available. So, I am guessing that I am only supposed to put "Lite" in the game's title, and everyone should know its just a free version lol. With saying that, I still find newly-added apps that do display a list of features not included in the Lite versions, so the devs have gotten around that roadblock. Tomorrow (actually today after classes), I will try to fix this though.

Currently, both apps are coming out with a new update that was submitted to Apple about 2 days ago (2.0.1 for Blitz Blok, and 1.0.1 for Lite). The next revision will have these new features though!

Blitz Blok has been in development since October, but there are many, many experimental features that never made it into its first releases like fullscreen glow, a full-3D animated background etc... The release version is a shadow of what I really wanted it to be! We are currently tweaking the gameplay, and we will also have some really cool new game modes coming out in late-summer that only iPhone OS 3.0 can deliver! I would also like to mention that we are also busy designing a new title. Hopefully it will see a full release around July...

14. rIcHrAnDoM

Patreon Silver

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    #14 rIcHrAnDoM, Mar 23, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2009
    Thanks! Sounds good. Am looking forward to what the future holds.;)

Btw, if you get time to mess around, click on "user cp", and you can create a snazzy signature denoting you as developer of Blitz Blok & the lite version, with links to iTunes, and any other Apps/projects etc.

15. travistrue08

Mar 23, 2009
    Vegas, Baby!
    Alright, I'm customizing my profile right now! Also, if any of you can leave reviews for Blitz Blok Lite and Blitz Blok, I really appriciate it! I am happy with all forms of criticism except: "this game sux, i get bored" because then I don't know exactly what the problem is, so I cannot fix it. Plus, I want to see how many reviews I can get my first project. :D

16. rIcHrAnDoM

Patreon Silver

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    No prob. Still need to play, on my commute to work, but it shall come to pass.:D

17. travistrue08

Mar 23, 2009
    Vegas, Baby!
    Haha, I'm still trying to get to sleep, but I have too much fun staying up, and working on my projects.