Universal Blind World released! Hurry up to try! (Universal App) [Now FREE - 04/Jan]

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Dgut, Sep 18, 2010.

1. Dgut

Dgut Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2010
  2. ImNoSuperMan

ImNoSuperMan Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2009
    This looks really neat.

3. TheLittlePrince

Aug 24, 2010
    PL
    One of the most beautiful games I played on my iPad. And pretty amazing. Lovely music, great graphics and very good tilt & touch controls makes this one a must buy for only 99 cents if you own an iPad. Didn't try this it on my iPhone (app is universal), so not sure how good it plays on a much smaller screen though.

4. TheLittlePrince

Aug 24, 2010
    PL
    #4 TheLittlePrince, Sep 19, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2010
    Ok, I noticed one thing that I don't like. Bad screen orientation. Game is developed only in landscape mode, so with wrong (and the only one available) screen orientation volume buttons are "on the bottom" while holding your iPad.

5. Dgut

Dgut Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2010
    Thanks for your comment. I add the option to change the screen orientation in the immediate update.

6. I do like this game, I have to admit. It's relaxing, almost zen-like, and the idea is different, which is good.

Unfortunately, relaxation turns into frustration pretty quickly, because it crashes frequently, dropping me unceremoniously back to Springboard. Even if I don't have many apps open, and will often happen right in the middle of a level, which also means my progress during the current game doesn't get saved. Yes, I've rebooted, and yes, that does help for a short time, but it quickly dies again. So until that gets sorted, I'm not even going to touch it.

(For reference: iPhone 4, latest iOS, non-jailbroken.)

7. Dgut

Dgut Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2010
    I already know about this error and will try as quickly as possible to release an update. The game sometimes crashes at random moments. If you can determine in what specific time it "falls", you will help me a lot.

8. nicolaxl

nicolaxl Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2009
    photograph
    italy
    i don't get how to have a better score..it's a matter of speed?i don't get how it works...

9. Dgut

Dgut Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2010
    Game tip: "You gain bonus score points when you mark surfaces without taking off"

10. Of course, I just played 4 levels and it didn't crash once. Figures. :p

I do notice that the longer you play a level, the more choppy it becomes when you rotate the level. It almost seems like there must be a memory leak somewhere, given how it seems to at least start acting up, if not crashing, the longer you go.

11. Dgut

Dgut Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2010
    Memory leaks profiler didn't detect any leaks. Maybe it does not work? =)
    Number of memory allocations equal to number of memory frees.

12. Must be something else then. How much CPU time does the game use at maximum complexity? I notice that OpenFeint doesn't always report achievements until it's got a spare moment (i.e. level goal reached, or level completed) though that may be by design. However, it does slow things down when the OF achievement banner pops up. That alone or combined with the choppiness of rotating the level the further you get might suggest that the physics/graphics engine is hitting the CPU pretty hard, and maybe that's not giving some other critical routine enough time to execute, causing it to crash out.

Just guessing here based on blind (heh) observations.

Oh, one suggestion: Move the "finish" button to the top or bottom middle or something. I keep hitting it by accident when I'm rotating the level with my right thumb. Either that or don't trigger the finish action unless the tap events (down and up) both occur over the finish button. That way it won't trigger if you slide over the finish button, or slide over and lift your thumb. It'll only trigger if you actually tap and lift over the button.

13. sammysin

sammysin Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2010
    Government Official.
    Swansea, UK
    I may well pick this up after my phone cleanse, we'll see how long it takes.

14. Collin

Collin Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2010
    Graphic Designer/Illustrator/Art Director
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Bought it and played it for a bit last night on my iPad. Can't say I enjoy spinning my iPad around all that much, but I think it would be pretty fun on an iPod/iPhone.

15. MissLashes

MissLashes Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2010
    U.S.
    Crashed in the middle of the second level. I was so close to finishing the level

16. Fimb

Fimb Well-Known Member

May 12, 2010
    My impressions? Well, I don't have many, because the app crashes after a couple of minutes -- sometimes seconds. Tried to free up some memory to it and finally restarted my device (iTouch 2nd gen, latest OS), nothing helped. We gonna have a patch for this right?

Otherwise it's good, very moody. Let's hope the dev solves the problem.

17. Squeaker

Squeaker Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Bookland
    Can't believe I missed this game. Buying as soon as I get home tonight. Hope the crash issue gets fixed soon.

18. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2009
    Montreal
    Just bought it. Its a really unique and fun game, can be frustrating though. I played through the first 5-6 levels and haven't experienced any crashes (yet).

19. Dgut

Dgut Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2010
    If game crashes on your device please send bugreport to apple. This will help me to solve the problem.