Universal Blek (by kunabi brother)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by kunabi-brother, Nov 29, 2013.

1. Bronxsta

Bronxsta Well-Known Member

Got a link?

2. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    I just used the YouTube app on my ipad to watch a video and the ad came up before the video started.

3. coolpepper43

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    I wrote this review and sent it in 4 days ago and it's not going through. I am trying to combat the stupid 1 star reviews that seem to be morons. My review is honest, and I see reviews that have been posted today. How could a game that was at number 3 and now number 10 in the charts have less than 30 reviews. Plus I think the game was updated at least a month ago. This seems very weird. Here is my review.

The dev who made this is a genius. The gameplay mechanics could never be played on anything other than a touch screen. The game seems simple at first. You use your finger to draw some type of pattern like a V or a line or anything you can think of. The pattern will repeat itself and the goal is to hit all the colored dots while avoiding the black dots. It feels magical every time you draw a pattern. It does get very hard as you progress far through the game and it really makes you think. Do not listen to the people who gave it 1 star because I don't even think they even tried playing the game. It is true that there is not a menu which would be nice. One of the biggest problems with the game is the sound effects when you hit a black dot that seems very charming at first but then it drives you crazy when you keep hitting the black dots. I wish I could turn it off. This game is very zen and a completely groundbreaking puzzle that everyone should experience. This is a game that will surely wow your friends. Buy it now!

4. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Ok so you know how this is like #1 in Canada and well, charted really well everywhere else?

Well, this literally JUST made it to #75 in the US, out of nowhere. It's a bizarre occurrence, but well deserved. Hopefully it keeps climbing ;)

5. JCho133

Jul 27, 2012
    Holy moly it's up to #10

6. kunabi-brother

kunabi-brother Active Member

Nov 28, 2013
    It's quite unbelievable, but Blek is #2 now!!!

Unimaginable - can we do it?

7. kunabi-brother

Nov 28, 2013
    To celebrate the #1 in the US iPhone Charts we reduced the price: $0.99 for a short time only!

:)

8. JCho133

Jul 27, 2012
    Woot woot! Congrats on that #1 spot!

9. kunabi-brother

Nov 28, 2013
    Thanks.

10. Is this any good fearless FPS man?

11. cloudpuff

cloudpuff Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2013
    lazy layabout
    uk
    It's great to see this rising up the charts, I've been playing quite a bit today, it's still my fave iOS puzzle.

@connecter it's a brilliant puzzler and very different to anything I've played on iOS.

12. kunabi-brother

Nov 28, 2013
    Ah, and thanks a lot for all the support here (@cloudpuff, @JCho133, @coolpepper43, @Bronxsta and all the others). Since ta is pretty much ignoring Blek we were afraid that you guys may not pay attention either. Very glad this is not the case :)

13. coolpepper43

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    Thank you! This game is one of the best and I'm am not just talking about minimalist puzzlers. I guess you saw my post of the review that I tried to send in the App Store. It still has not gone through and it has been weeks. Are you planning on any updates? I would really like to see some kind of menu where I can just pick the level that I want to go to rather than just tapping the arrow 60 times. Also like some people have mentioned the sound effect that plays when you hit a black dot gets extremely annoying after a while. It would be great if we could just disable that sound.

14. kunabi-brother

Nov 28, 2013
    I think you wrote the review for the older version, that's why it's visible only under "All Versions". Thanks a lot.

Tap and hold works for jumping between levels too, you don't have to tap 60 times :)
    The sound button is very likely going to happen soon.

15. JCho133

Jul 27, 2012
    #75 JCho133, May 4, 2014
    Last edited: May 4, 2014
    Is peanut butter good with chocolate?

16. imdakine1

imdakine1 Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2011
    @cloudpuff thanks for the feedback on the game and I love it! I never knew about this game until I saw the sale today!

To the developers: great game! I'm sure I'm going to get frustrated along the way but will come back here to get advice from other TA users!

17. Bronxsta

Bronxsta Well-Known Member

It's a shame that this never got a TA review

18. coolpepper43

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    I know, I think it's completely insane. I am just glad it's doing well. What made it jump up in the charts? Was it the YouTube advertising?

19. kunabi-brother

Nov 28, 2013
    Yep, mainly.

20. coolpepper43

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    I'm really glad it payed off. Btw, how much does it cost to advertise on YouTube. When I saw your ad came up at first I thought I clicked a video for blek and then when I saw it was an ad I was like holy s*** :). It's such a good ad and it would be very hard to not at least be intrigued by watching it. Isn't Apple going to implement videos in the App Store in ios 8. I think it will be great for devs that cannot afford advertising and help consumers by not having to hunt down some game play videos.