Universal Blek (by kunabi brother)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by kunabi-brother, Nov 29, 2013.

1. kunabi-brother

kunabi-brother Active Member

Nov 28, 2013
    Thanks. It depends on where, when and to what kind of audience you want yt to show the video. It can be expensive, but we tend to go for to lowest bid which is 3 cent. And it totally pays of, since it seems that who ever watches our trailer buys the game. And that is pretty incredible :)

Hm, sounds just too good to be true. But then again, #1 in the charts sounds too good to be true too :D

2. Appletini

Appletini Well-Known Member

Jan 8, 2011
    Ankh-Morpork
    No. No it isn't.

The game's good though. ^_^

3. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    Well you can't say it isn't good with chocolate.

4. coolpepper43

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    I had that same feeling while watching the ad. You just had to at least check it out after seeing it. Does it say how many people clicked on your link after they watched the ad. I bet the percentages were very high.
    I get so upset by the stupid people that post the 1 star reviews saying, it's too hard, it's for little children, it's cheaply made, it's a crappy ripoff of pong. I would love to talk to one of these people because I think something has to be wrong with them in the head. Also, a ripoff of pong? They are nuts.

5. kunabi-brother

Nov 28, 2013
    Yes, that one seems hard to top. Except maybe someone writes: Blek is a typical FPS where you connect dots by jumping on their heads. :D

6. Bronxsta

Bronxsta Well-Known Member

:confused:

lol, really?

People must be blind and/or stupid to make that mental leap since Blek is obviously a ripoff of Snake
    ;)

7. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Thank you for that, changing now ;)

8. Well, Bronxsta, cloudpuff, and jcho got this game on my radar. How long is the sale on for cause I am low on gnomes on gnome escape right now.

9. kunabi-brother

Nov 28, 2013
    The thing is, we don't actually know how long it'll be on. One hour before reducing the price, we didn't even know that we are about to do something like that.

... for they don't know what they are doing :D

10. Bronxsta

Bronxsta Well-Known Member

Down to $0.99, pick this up if you haven't. I have no regrets buying this at full price and for $0.99, that's a steal for this experience

11. JCho133

Jul 27, 2012
    Have sales risen since the price drop?

12. JCho133

Jul 27, 2012
    58 is HARD.

13. kunabi-brother

Nov 28, 2013
    @JCh0133 Yep, the download numbers went pretty crazy.

14. coolpepper43

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    I think you did a really good strategy with the ads then the price drop cementing your game in the top 20. I would have waited a little longer when your game starts to go past 40. I bought it at full price when I first heard about blek a few/couple of months ago. Since your game is not brand spanking new I am not upset about the price drop at all as long as the game gets more exposure. Are you getting any complaints? People were whining that the game is a ripoff at $3 and I bet they are really flipping out now. $3 is a very good price point for your game because it's so much more than just a minimalistic puzzler. Heck I even bought a stylus to play it better. I have not received it yet but I am very excited to test it when it comes.

About the price drop, I only get upset about a price drop if I buy an app within the first week of release and they do the drop within the first month.

15. kunabi-brother

Nov 28, 2013
    One or two. But that was to be expected I guess.

Would love to hear if/how it works with the stylus. Haven't tried it yet myself.

16. vii-Lucky

vii-Lucky Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2013
    This game is insanely challenging!

P.S thanks to cloudpuff for the code :)

17. coolpepper43

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    Hmmm... I wonder how that would work or would even be possible. Some kind of battle mode sounds interesting. Maybe make it a combination of tilt 2 live and blek? You hit power ups to hit more dots?

I personally would just love a zen mode that would ether would be full of colored dots that regenerate or just a blank room that you could just doodle and the top and bottom of the screen could rebound the squiggles. That would be perfect to mess with before going to sleep.

18. kunabi-brother

Nov 28, 2013
    Something we have been discussing for quite a while now...

19. coolpepper43

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    That sounds great! The way I actually found out about this game was I made a thread asking for relaxing games that are good before sleep. I really hope you do it! :)

20. cloudpuff

cloudpuff Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2013
    lazy layabout
    uk
    Yeah that's where I'm at now. Got stuck at 50 for a while and then kind if had a moment and sailed to 58 and stuck again.