Out Now Bleak Sword (by Devolver Digital)

Discussion in 'Apple Arcade' started by Boardumb, Sep 17, 2019.

1. Ringerill

Ringerill Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2012
    I finished the game with a dmg build, because defence is quite useless unless you plan to be touched by enemies.
    I love how every chapter has it's unique environment that affects how you play. Environment hasards also add some difficulties that spice up the battles. It's incredible how much you can do with just 1 finger and how precise you can get at it.

It's truly a game for hardcore gamers. Sure you can finish it even if you don't invest yourself too much but the challenge of "Finish the game without dying" is really something not for the faint-hearted. I may be able to finish all standard levels without dying if I remember what enemies spawn when and where but some levels like the horse ones or some end-game bosses will just be impossible. I have beaten some bosses just by pure luck after many retries because you can always be cornered by mistake and just not have any time to react to all the attacks.
    Also, you cary the health you have from stage to stage with some rare refill items if you are lucky. Well you could always farm some easy stages and hope for some HP restoring items I guess.

It's nice that every level is short so you can just pick the game and play for 20 minutes and still advance and enjoy it.

2. GiHubb

GiHubb Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Apr 27, 2010
    CEO
    Quite a clever little brawler, with interesting enemy types, each with its own signature attacks and environments that change how you must approach a fight. Control scheme is also neat and works very well, in my opinion. (I use the one-handed controls)

Questions: When you level up, what do you normally upgrade? (Health, attack or shield?)
    Interested to learn what the community here thinks.