Universal BlazBlue RR - the Real Action Game (by 91Act.com)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Based Xatu, May 13, 2016.

1. Duranki

Duranki Well-Known Member

Aug 8, 2011
    I had the same issue when connecting to one of the new servers. It said my old server, Three Sages, was full, but it let me join and retrieve all my stuff.

2. nodoctors

nodoctors Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2009
    Aaah I see. So the VIP requirement from Bang through Hazama is strictly for gem purchases only? But even then, everything I said still stands as far as Hazama is concerned(VIP 6 + 40 dollar gem purchase). And go figure, his damage stats are incredibly good. If there's one thing us die hard Arc System Works fighter fans ever wanted, it's excessively expensive paid early access to powerful pay to win characters. I'm playing this literally for Carl, but I have a super bad feeling given he is a future unlock...like Hazama was....

3. Psychor

Psychor Active Member

Jun 28, 2013
    #43 Psychor, Jun 10, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2016
    Any plans for MFI support?

4. Milotorou

Milotorou Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2015
    Considering the curent control scheme which is actually though out for mobile id doubt it.

Since VIP is permanent you can just pay that 40$ over time, no need to spend all that money on the first days, the 5$ pack once a month can get you there, if you like the game of course. Hazama isnt overpowered either, he has good damage but lacks comboability, i wreck them easily with my Noel...

And yes this game will try to make you spend some money, all f2ps do, honestly.

5. poopguy69

poopguy69 Active Member

Nov 14, 2015
    I usually stay away from these gatcha style free games, buuuuut this one is really fun. The sprites look great imo and the action flows nicely.

However the final level in chapter 2 is ramping up the difficulty and I'm not sure the best way to defend myself. It seems like some moves have invincibility frames, but I don't see a real block button...

6. Booch138

Booch138 Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    You eventually unlock a block skill in the skills section for your hero. Comes in handy for sure especially against some charge attacks/predictable attacks. Though, I still prefer evasive maneuvers over anything.

This game is freaking great. I truly feel it would have been a much better game "purchase once for everything unlocked" kind of thing but... Either way, I definitely invested in this game a bit. The action and fighting flow is top notch.

7. Psychor

Psychor Active Member

Jun 28, 2013
    Question on VIP levels. They state X free raids. I currently show free 50/60 raids. Are these free raids one time bonuses when you unlock a VIP level, because they don't seem to reset daily even though the VIP page seems to imply that they do.

Thanks.

8. mmohunt

mmohunt Active Member

May 19, 2016
    Engineer
    Berlin Friedenau
    I still keep getting server connection error, so bad.

9. Milotorou

Mar 19, 2015
    They do reset daily, just not at midnight, i dont remember the exact time they do though.

10. Booch138

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    Can confirm that they do reset as well, at least for me. However yeah, never know exactly when. Somewhere between 1am-5am Arizona time XD

11. Booch138

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    I did too, the first day I played. Haven't had an issue since though (been a few days) and while it always says my server is full, it does let me in everytime (and I should hope so, as it seems your progress doesn't transfer over to the other servers).

The server aspect of this game seems like a mess.

Also, hyper disappointed that the Live PvP element of the game only exists as an event (saying between 15:00-17:00) a day. Which means I won't get to play it today. And you have to spend gems (20, but still) a fight (not sure if it ramps higher with more rank or wins or what) but they allow friendly PvP battles anytime.

Now I just need more friends.

12. Milotorou

Mar 19, 2015
    You have to spend gems but youll win gems and other rewards if you win, wins earn you more than your 20 gems you spent.

13. Shuva

Shuva Member

Dec 18, 2015
    Japan
    Um... it seems that BlazBlur RR isn't available in Japan... so sad.

14. chief78

chief78 Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2012
    U can set up an account in another country with a free game (like this), as it won't require any credit card info ;)

15. Milotorou

Mar 19, 2015
    If anyone has any questions regarding this game don't hesitate, having played this game intensively since release i should be able to help :)

16. forsakenxe

forsakenxe Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2014
    Ok I have one! The review from TA really focuses on the negativity from the f2p model, what's your oppinion? Where do you dis-/agree? Why? Thanks!

17. Ayjona

Ayjona Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Freelance journalist and writer, amateur musician
    Stockholm, Sweden
    #57 Ayjona, Jun 24, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2016
    I'll pipe up while you wait for a proper response :) The review did have some misinformation (you CAN buy character with in-game currency without inflating your VIP rank, and there is no direct risk - though certainly implied ;) - of loosing data by not connecting to Facebook since you normally use GC for connectivity in BB).

I agree on the heavy-handed* freemium mechanics. There are a few alleviating factors, though. I already have a tantalizingly sparkly but possibly redundant stash of diamonds from missions and other free mechanisms, and I have rarely wanted for equipment and progression opportunities in the first 20-30 character levels or so.

* Heavy much like the clenched fist of a Greek titan, the erect tentacle of a Lovecraftian monstrousity, or the giant mechs humanity will undoubtedly build to combat them when either of the aforementioned return. And I imagine going up against paying players in PvP will probably feel much like being smacked by one (gargantuan fist,Titan, Great Old One, kinky tentacle, your pick).

But for the single-p(l)aying fighter, I'd say that the real Ragna-ruckus is the progression system, and its interplay with the freemium mechanics.

Since you can always boost your character's stats (though not always for free...), there is no sense of real difficulty and balance. When fights are hard, they can be nigh impossible - sometimes statistically so - from great gaps in damage and health. And when they are not, they are often Ruy vs Dan-level trivial from inflated stats.

Sometimes you luck out and attain a power level that makes the next level feel almost like a real traditional brawler with carefully considered difficulty. In these fights, to prevail you have to move and combo and juggle and sting-weave-bob-float and all the stuff which makes fighting in the digital streets so fun. And you remember or discover that there actually is a very nice skill-based twitch game underneath it all. Good for you!

That feeling goes away as soon as you move on, improve your stats, or both.

The smart and tactical move system that would elevate BB above the Injustice of the MMA Contest of Marvel-ous Real Champions of Steel therefore rarely comes into play. In many of the games' fights, there will simply not be any benefit to manual play over the auto-fight function. Not even a sense of fun.

In PvP it all comes down to whether there is a max cap for stats and equipment. There might be a hidden paradise of kami-like fighters somewhere up there in the IAP-heavy clouds, where combatants always meet on equal grounds and the cleverest tap-frenzy conquers all. If so, I wonder what the (literal) price of entrance is.

If not, PvP is probably as fun as watching your energy timer recover. With just as much agency on your part over the outcome.

What, you say you can pay to reduce the timer? Yeah, that pretty much completes the metaphor...

18. forsakenxe

Oct 23, 2014
    Thanks for your thought, seems like the review is kind of spot on. I may revisit this somewhere down the road, need to look for another hero collecting game with fair and good f2p aspects :)

19. Ayjona

Ayjona Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Freelance journalist and writer, amateur musician
    Stockholm, Sweden
    #59 Ayjona, Jun 24, 2016
    I felt the review didn't highlight enough (or at all) how putting long-term grind for progression mechanics expressed in combat stats dramatically influence the difficulty of battles in a fighter or brawler. But yeah, I s'pose that's an inferred conclusion :)

Yeah, good idea, I think moving on is where it's at. I launch BB every day to collect free shit, but I don't actually play anymore. Apparently I'm still enjoying it. But more like one enjoys Operation Airdrop Supply, and less like a game.

For all the faults I convinced myself I found in it back then, I think Super Boys - the Big Fight is a much better choice for brawling-collection-heroing.

But really, if you can forego the collecting of miniature murderers, and go a bit more isometric and slashy, Ire: Blood Memory is really the finest skill-based close combat system the platform has ever borne outside of the straigh-up fighters (Kinetic Damage, SFIV, SFxT, Soul Calibur). And the game around it is nearly as good, and after a year and more or of neverending blood and gore and more, I have NEVER felt hampered (or even slightly miffed or mildly affronted) by the freemium mechanics.

And you could not have chose a better time to get into it...

20. forsakenxe

Oct 23, 2014
    #60 forsakenxe, Jun 24, 2016
    Appreciate your reply! I will try it out for sure. I am trying out all kind of f2p hero collecting games but none seem to fit yet. I liked Heroes Charge but was turn of by the constant "force" to log in for energy and later all it was, was just clicking through all the missions with tickets so you instantly get the rewards. That's all you did for the most part and that was when I quit. Never really got into another hero collecting games and still looking for weeks now. So again: Thanks for the response, if you ever find another good one to recommend feel free to contact me and sorry for the longer off topic here! :)

Edit: Ire is great btw, waiting eagerly for the patch to get really into it :)