Universal BlazBlue RR - the Real Action Game (by 91Act.com)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Based Xatu, May 13, 2016.

1. nodoctors

nodoctors Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2009
    Please, god, somebody tell me if Carl is in this game or not

2. rtificial

rtificial Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2015
    pastry chef
    Georiga
    So far it's pretty good and plays surprisingly smooth. I just now learning it's systems and about leveling, equipment and stuff. Really high quality sound, animation and user interface. I'll have to spend more time with it later.

3. chief78

chief78 Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2012
    I saw that ($11 US) and thought it must be a typo....or not I guess?

4. nodoctors

Jul 24, 2009
    Dear god, this has got to be the most mind numbingly convoluted freemium system I have ever ran into in the entire history of mobile gaming. It has every possible 'gacha' style system in place, there are an ungodly amount resource pyramids in every tiny facet, and in my experience thus far, it isn't explained whatsoever. I feel like I need a optimal wiki guide on this there's just so much to factor in. It's nuts. AND STILL NOBODY CAN TELL ME IF CARL IS IN THE GAME OR NOT!

Ah well, I'm going to stick with it because the actual gameplay is fantastic. But dear god, just looking at all of the things to level and grind. I've never seen anything like this before, and I've played just about every freemium style game on the market. The fact that they still deemed the energy system to be necessary on top of all of this...

5. Duranki

Duranki Well-Known Member

Aug 8, 2011
    Well, it IS free. There's a lot of systems, but so far in my experience the game has done a good job of gradually introducing everything. You're not supposed to be doing all of it from the get-go.

6. EightRooks

EightRooks Well-Known Member

Jan 13, 2012
    UK
    It let me in the other day, and I finished the first chapter with no problems, but now it's doing something similar - "Client version 1.4.23181.1 abnormal" and then exits back to the login screen. Shame. I'm sure I would have got fed up with the F2P stuff in time, but it wasn't too bad to begin with. Internet connection doesn't bother me, I play at home most of the time, but if it doesn't even work...

I'll leave it installed for a bit, I guess, in case an update fixes it.

7. Morgan01

Morgan01 Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2013
    USA
    Warning: Update deleted my profile even though it was linked to GameCenter and wiped my purchase since I was trying to support the developer.

8. Pham

Pham Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2012
    Denmark
    Your profile is probably on another server.

9. Morgan01

Morgan01 Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2013
    USA
    Good call. Did not catch that. I guess they added a server and now I'm stuck on an Asian server unless I wan tot loose what I have.

10. chief78

Jul 24, 2012
    It's awesome when the server is down and there is literally no way to play.....prob gonna have to delete this on principal alone. Shame really, because there is a quite fun experience here.

11. Milotorou

Milotorou Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2015
    Many messages in game mentionned server becoming asia and american server opening.

And they did encourage to link to facebook before patch to make 100% sure accounts wouldnt get lost in the process too.

12. OutSpoken

OutSpoken Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2011
    #32 OutSpoken, Jun 8, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2016
    how does it compare to SF Volt? which seems to be the benchmark for 2d brawlers on ios.

Edit: not to worry ive realised this game is nothing like sf.

13. nodoctors

Jul 24, 2009
    #33 nodoctors, Jun 8, 2016
    Well I hope you pretty much only like playing as Ragna, because almost all of the characters require various levels of VIP status(the more in game currency you buy with real money, the higher your VIP status goes) just to unlock them. It doesn't matter if you have enough in game resources or outright premium currency to afford the character, you can't unlock them as a free player. For example, if you don't spend over 50 dollars just to reach VIP 6 status, you CAN'T unlock the new character Hazama. He and most of the characters are literally paywalled off. You can not get them for free no matter what you do or how hard you try. How do you feel about the VIP system being in this game amongst literally every f2p mechanic including energy? Hard to really call it free when the majority of the characters, the most important thing in a fighter/beat em up, are locked until you put enough real money in the game to reach VIP tiers.

So now even if Carl is added in the game(which the assets are all there so he is definitely getting added), he'll require a minimum VIP level. And if Hazama-san's release is any indicator, it will require a bare minimum in game purchase of 50 dollars just to have the VIP level to unlock him. He will also require a ludicrous amount of various types of rare in game resources, or thousands of gems(Hazama costs 2699 gems!!! FORTY dollars of in game currency for ONE character on top of having to meet VIP status levels). Mindblowing.

14. chief78

Jul 24, 2012
    I can't speak for the rest of the roster, but Noel opened up simply by playing. I'm just starting Chpt 2 so unsure if I'll be getting cards for the next hero or how this system is going to turn out. I didn't see any mention in the previous post how far along u are. That would be a great help to everyone.

15. nodoctors

Jul 24, 2009
    I also have Noel and am at the third part of the campaign. Ragnar, Noel, and I believe Tager are the only characters you can unlock without paying and grinding out resources. The entire rest of the cast is blocked behind VIP status, and gets pretty crazy.

16. chief78

Jul 24, 2012
    Ok thanks for that info. I've been using Noel and loving her. I have been getting Tagar pieces and am wondering if the next area will be pieces for the next hero (the green guy who looks kickass from his preview). I've debated the $11 iap that seems to give 108 (I beleive is the amount) diamonds for what seems to be stated as forever. That would be the best iap in any game ever and basically allows u to get everyone over time.

17. nodoctors

Jul 24, 2009
    #37 nodoctors, Jun 9, 2016
    No no, the 11 dollar IAP exists because the daily gems you get from it don't count towards the VIP count, and you CAN'T unlock everybody with that over time. You receive the gems through a "daily card reward" thing. Only the up front gems you get from that 11 dollar IAP will count, and you will only get to VIP level 3, so you're still way off from the new characters like Hazama, which will also cost you a butt ton of resource grind/forty dollars in gems on top of requiring VIP 6.

18. Milotorou

Milotorou Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2015
    You can unlock everybody except Hazama only by playing. Anyone that can be unlocked with cards dont need VIP.

Im pretty sure Hazama will be accessible without spending in the future too, to me it looks more like a "early access with money" than a paywall.

19. ShinHadoukin

ShinHadoukin Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2015
    The update that caused crashes erased my game. I use gamecenter & am now starting over! Anyone else get hit with this?

20. chief78

Jul 24, 2012
    Yep, as soon as they flipped the switch on the additional servers, everyone went local. So if ur not in the Asian market, you won't use that server, and I beleive our save files are just sitting on that server.