iPhone BlazBlue: Battle Cards - CCG Fighter - Coming Soon

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by wemakegames, Jan 22, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. No problem! Noel is definitely an awesome character! Her projectile moves are pretty brutal in a card battle.

We are definitely looking into other platforms/devices. It's an ongoing discussion. We are launching on iPad first and then seeing what is possible after that. I'll update if we lock down any further plans.

BlazBlue: Battle Cards is an online multiplayer game so a wi-fi connection, or data plan, will be needed to play other opponents. It makes for a compelling experience since matches will be happening in real-time!

2. BlazBlue: Battle cards is all about fighting opponents online, but it is also about collecting more fighting moves! Open packs to add Common, Uncommon, Rare and Unique cards to your fighter decks!

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

3. aconfusedkender

aconfusedkender Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2012
    Oil & Gas
    Kendermore, Ansalon
    Is there any single player options, i.e campaign

4. The game will be online multiplayer only at launch. The single player aspects will be card collecting, deck building and playing tutorials. We are still discussing post-launch features/updates so anything is possible.

5. BlazBlue: Battle Cards will let you unleash unique weapon cards! Be wary of Hazama's "Balisong Knives"...the lasting effect can be game changing!

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

6. Check out this gameplay still of one of NOEL's projectile cards being played! "Vaulting Volley" not only inflicts damage, it also affects the next card played!

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

7. RayLancer

RayLancer Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    Sacramento, CA
    Looks fantastic. I'll keep pushing for this. Consider iPhone support. I'd like an alternative fighting card game besides Yomi.

8. Thanks! We're hoping to expand to other devices/platforms but I don't have any solid news to share at the moment. I'll be sure to let everyone know if/when we have anything to announce!

9. Check out our pre-launch trailer for BlazBlue: Battle Cards. Now you can see what actual gameplay looks like! Please share and reply with any questions or comments. Thanks!

10. Boobi

Boobi Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Earning money
    BC, Canada
    Looks really good, artwork is fantastic. Are you able to provide info on cards? How many at release? Will you buy cards in packs? Or one at a time random chance? Thanks.
    Would love to see a wallpaper.

11. Montanx

Montanx Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2012
    San Diego
    Do we have a release window for this? Closer to a week or closer to a month?

12. Happy to hear your like the art! I'll let our artists know! There will be over 200 cards to collect at launch and they can be collected by playing the game to acquire packs, or packs can be purchased if you want to get more fighting moves quicker.

13. Release window is still being locked down. More news to come soon. In the meantime, I can share with you that we have just hit beta!

14. melvin2898

melvin2898 Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2011
    Your artists should give lessons!

15. Montanx

Mar 3, 2012
    San Diego
    I'll take an invite if there's room. ;D

16. snarvid

snarvid Well-Known Member

May 20, 2013
    The price model is the critical question for me here.

FTP with purchasable packs - can you earn the packs without paying?

I paid $20 for Yomi, play it regularly, and consider it some of the best gaming money I've ever spent. I have 0 interest in a game with random packs and an open ended financial commitment to get Ragna playing the way he should.

17. Montanx

Mar 3, 2012
    San Diego
    Expect to be Dissapointed then since buying packs is the way card games usually are. It will prob be just like hearthstone, can buy or also earn in game. I'm ok with that, it's a fair system for a free card game and it's par for the course.

18. You can purchase or earn packs. Packs can be earned by finishing daily challenges ("Bounties") and by winning enough battles. You don't have to purchase packs, but the option is there if you would like to expand your fighter decks quicker.

19. Shirika

Shirika Well-Known Member

Looking forward to this game :) I like games with cards

20. Unfortunately, we don't have plans for an open-Beta at the moment but a soft-launch is very possible. I'll update when more info is available.