Universal Bladeslinger - (by Kerosene)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Oct 29, 2012.

1. valdeto

valdeto Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2012
    Is the new iOS update included in Bladeslinger for Android or we must wait for it such as iOS users?

2. relyes

relyes Well-Known Member

Mar 29, 2012
    Kerosene Games
    San Francisco
    It's in both!

Brett
    @kerosenegames
    kerosenegames.com

3. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    Yes, I'm playing this on Android since it was just released yesterday, but thought I might get more of a response here since the game has been out longer on iOS.

Haven't read through the 60+ pages, but is it me or does this game really seem difficult to get through without IAPs? I don't like how even power ups require gold (even if there may be an occasional freebie).

The arena helps a little but still not a whole lot of gold without grinding away. Feel like I'm paying admission to a quality game, but the actual gameplay feels freemium.

The game itself is excellent. Some if the best graphics I've seen on mobile devices. The camera can be a little annoying but not game breaking.

Also glad they added the additional control method as I tried the original controls and wasn't sure I could live with it.

4. september

september Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2012
    I can't remember the names of them but there are one of two cards you can buy permanently from early in game earnings, they both relate to health and you'll only need the one (I think one is called second win(d)) but description should be enough. Once you get these things probably become a little easy.

It was a big talking point for many pages, you were damned if you didn't get them and they then made things a little mild once you did. A person not realising could quite easily spend real dosh in the game because the no health regenerative system between battles otherwise makes it virtually impossible.

5. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    Ahh, I'll have to take a look at that and maybe restart if necessary. The card thing didn't seem to clarify if one or any were permanent but maybe I missed it.

6. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    Thanks again or the tip, september. Guess you're referring to the Second Wind and Regeneration cards and doing the "buy infinite" with the green coins. So one isn't better than the other? Regeneration is 4 green coins vs 6 for the Second Wind.

Started over and didn't realize that you carry over both your gold and the green pieces. So it's actually much easier to gain gold and the green tokens by continuing to replay the first chapter than via the arena.

7. september

september Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2012
    No problem, I got Second Wind and was good to go with that, but it sounded like others that got Regeneration found things improved too. Not really sure which is better but I'm pretty sure SW gives you an instant health boost whereas Regeneration was a timed replenish, so if you needed a hit of health quickly SW was the way to go.

It has been awhile so I hope I'm not putting you crook here, but from memory that's how it worked.

8. Kotovsky

Kotovsky Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2012
    I find this game is too challenging on start, so you must grind or pay to get first perma cards to continue through game.

Also yesterday all prizes i've collected in arena was resetted, i lost three stone pieces, for ex.

9. relyes

relyes Well-Known Member

Mar 29, 2012
    Kerosene Games
    San Francisco
    This is how Arena Mode works. You have to choose after each successful wave whether to take your loot, or risk it all by pressing on in another wave :)

Brett
    @kerosenegames
    kerosenegames.com

10. Kotovsky

Aug 22, 2012
    After every battle i always choose pay off since there is no no way to survive more then three waves with unleveled character.

11. brett477

brett477 Member

May 8, 2012
    Found a little suprise at the end of chapter 3 that was rather helpful. Has this always been there is is it part if the new update? Is it one of a kind?

I love little secrets, hope there is more to come

12. Djay187

Djay187 Active Member

Jan 29, 2012
    Does anyone know how to the charged shot with the buttons, I know this was asked before but I think that answer was for the old touch controls. I've tried tapping and holding the shoot button but that don't seem to work. Cheers.

13. relyes

relyes Well-Known Member

Mar 29, 2012
    Kerosene Games
    San Francisco
    If you have Charged Shot upgraded (available), then it should just be holding down the shoot button.

Brett
    @kerosenegames
    kerosenegames.com

14. Chippit

Chippit New Member

Nov 25, 2012
    Game Developer
    South Africa
    Our internal record, here at Luma Arcade, is surviving to wave 17 with an unleveled character, actually! And yes, that's a challenge for everyone on the forum to beat us!

Congrats! We left that in right from the start - You're the first player we know of to have found it!

15. KoRoV

KoRoV Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2012
    What happend with one hand controls? In last version they worked apsolutly perfect, now in battles camera spins like crazy, goes to far, pounch is mess up (like i wona hit stuned guy, but william keeps punching other guy or in some other direction, no matter in wich way i pull 2 fingers and camera wont turn). And that 'G' sign in finishers is meest up, some times works fine, sometime it dont register and some times works if you draw a swirl like sign. And aftet every fight i get message that spirits upgrade is unlocked, with 3 spirits simbols. So anoying. Please fix this. I already mailed my save and all.
    I realy love the game from its lounch but after this last update its wery anoying some times.
    Please fix it

16. KoRoV

KoRoV Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2012
    What happend with one hand controls? In last version they worked apsolutly perfect, now in battles camera spins like crazy, goes to far, pounch is mess up (like i wona hit stuned guy, but william keeps punching other guy or in some other direction, no matter in wich way i pull 2 fingers and camera wont turn). And that 'G' sign in finishers is meest up, some times works fine, sometime it dont register and some times works if you draw a swirl like sign. And aftet every fight i get message that spirits upgrade is unlocked, with 3 spirits simbols. So anoying. Please fix this. Oh yea, and in mine level, some times fights dont triger, i can just pass near creatures without a fight and not to get peace of simbol, and have to restart whole level. I already mailed my save and all.
    I realy love the game from its lounch but after this last update its wery anoying some times.
    Please fix it

17. brett477

brett477 Member

May 8, 2012

18. relyes

relyes Well-Known Member

Mar 29, 2012
    Kerosene Games
    San Francisco
    #678 relyes, Apr 20, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2013
    Hey folks, we have a major update submitted to the App Store (and already out on Google Play) with new gunblades, localization for French, Italian, German, Spanish, Japanese, and Korean, subtitles for the cutscenes, and as always, lots of bugfixes and general polish. We hope you'll check it out!

Brett
    @kerosenegames
    kerosenegames.com

19. relyes

relyes Well-Known Member

Mar 29, 2012
    Kerosene Games
    San Francisco
  20. Kotovsky

Aug 22, 2012
    What about chapter two?