Blades of Fury: Gameloft

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by theone1007, Sep 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thewiirocks

thewiirocks Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2009
    Expert Software Engineer
    What I want to know is... will it have crazy intros? e.g.

(deep voice) "The forces of light deal with the Lexus they crashed into the ditch. Combatants now war."

That would totally complete the Soul Calibur experience. :p

2. arta

arta Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
    I'm glad someone finally had the balls to put a fighting game out there. All this philosophizing and whatnot about the control scheme, at least the public will get to decide one and for all. In the same way we found out sometimes a dpad is better than tiltilg and vice versa, by actual handson.

If they pull it off, much respect to them, if not they or someone else will learn from it.

3. beetle004

beetle004 Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2009
    Is gameloft into vodoo or something? producing quality game after game after game!!!

4. beachmusic

beachmusic Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2009
    they are out to dominate the appstore! Nothing is more exciting than a gameloft game announcement... When they announce a game the wait is not too long! We are looking for about 3 gameloft games for september :)

5. beetle004

Mar 23, 2009
    I am running outta money......gonna sue gameloft

6. MrDark

MrDark Well-Known Member

May 3, 2009
    looks like Gameloft wanna take over the iPhone gaming world.

7. le'deuche123

le'deuche123 Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2009
    I thought I saw Ivy in the video....wait nope, just another generic gameloft mock up to make you think your playing soul caliber.

8. diabolus

diabolus Well-Known Member

May 18, 2009
    Photographer
    Switzerland
    Shit!!

Im a poor Chemistry-Stundent!!

Stop, Gameloft!

I haven't got enought money yet!

9. le'deuche123

Feb 5, 2009
    Thank you, exactly what I've been thinking for the last couple of months. My beef isn't with the quality of their games, but with their blatent disregard for originality.(a few exceptions apply)

10. beetle004

Mar 23, 2009
    I don't care if the game is a clone or not....as long as it's good w'll buy it.

11. le'deuche123

Feb 5, 2009
    Yeah but they're not even subtle about it. Look at gangstar's UI, it's ripped right from GTA. I'm trying to appreciate them, I really am. But they just aren't what I want out of a dev.

12. beetle004

Mar 23, 2009
    #72 beetle004, Sep 3, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2009
    ^^ I am sure they are doing this on purpose...kinda of marketing strategy,i think.if a game looks and acts like a GTA clone it will prolly fetch more sales..atleast that's what they think. i find it hard to believe that a big company like gameloft known for producing games with awesome gfx and ever improving controls can't come up with something original.
    In reality an overwhelming majority of games(iphone,xbox,ps3,etc,etc) are clones of games before them.the only thing diff. is improved gfx,physics,etc,etc.i think quite a few people are annoyed at gameloft not because their games are based on popular franchises but they try to make them appear blatantly similar.....like the naming,character modelling,lack of originality as far as plots are concerned,etc,etc. I mean take this game.They could easily make a hack & slash game without making it appear a soul caliber clone by making small changes here and there....like say, characters lookin different(compared to SC).But they are not gonna do it because they prolly think(whether wrongly or correctly) games will sell more this way. I hope i made sense!

13. c0re

c0re Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2009
    That's precisely what I don't support in Gameloft : the absolute cloning, in every little details, is clearly made for money.
    The true videogamer spirit is not there. The one that wants to push back the limits, I mean.

But there is another good consequence in all of this : original creators slowly wake up from their iPhone sleep, and decide to claim their place by releasing the true original game which has inspired Gameloft's clones.

GTA China wars from Rockstar is one perfect example ;)

14. arta

arta Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
    Did you just spent all that time crying about a supposed clone (that's still an original IP) and then get giddy over a port of a game in a long running series?

15. le'deuche123

Feb 5, 2009
    I think you nailed it bud. I'm not even saying I won't enjoy this game, but I'm just really put off with how they purposefully try to bring a game as close to the original emulated franchise as possible. Like C0re said I feel gameloft can walk on their own feet without piggy backing on well treaded franchises.

16. le'deuche123

Feb 5, 2009
    Sequels, ports, and expansions in no way make the game unoriginal. Stealing and duplicating another game's UI for instance does however make it unoriginal.

17. c0re

c0re Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2009
    I'm not used to cry for videogames, dude.
    And yes, there's a huge difference between a clone and an official port.
    We call it legitimacy.

What would you put most credits into ? A pair of Nikk Airmaxx ? Or a pair of Nike Air Max ?

18. arta

arta Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

- 10 unique characters, each with their own weapons and fighting style,
    - 10 different arenas,
    - 4 game modes: Story, Arcade, Survival and Practice
    - Multiplayer mode via Bluetooth or Wi-Fi
    - 2 ways of control.

That's a horrible, horrible analogy. A pair of Nikk Airmaxx are guaranteed to be of poorer quality because those companies are too poor to establish their own quality brand in the first place. Gameloft has proven it can establish quality IPs. It doesn't matter if the game is a clone or not.

19. c0re

c0re Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2009
    Sorry, but there are very, very good counterfeits of Nike Air Max.

Which doesn't change my question...

20. Pug4Death

Pug4Death Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2009
    This game looks great. Bat as always, it will be sub-par with my expectations.