Universal Blades of Brim (by Sybo Games ApS)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Nov 9, 2014.

1. Seil

Seil Growtopia Seed Master

Aug 30, 2012
    US
    #81 Seil, Jun 10, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2015
    Hit level 23. Got an Infinity weapon from my level 22 level up chest which was cool. Went from a 9 power weapon to 13, so was able to run farther. Beat my hi-score of ~12Xk and made it to 272k without needing any revives which felt pretty good.

Also bought an onyx chest for the first time(only used the level-up ones thus far), unfortunately it gave me an Infinity which turned into 15,000 coins x.x Over 40 Epic tier weapons and I get a duplicate of the only one I already own lol... Still have 1k essence, but gonna sit on it for a bit longer.

Edit: Also, I've found that the launchpads or whatever they are don't seem to account for the apparent speed boost of the magic shield? I've found myself hitting platforms they're supposed to send me to, or overshooting coin streams etc.

2. Maxscart

Maxscart Member

May 11, 2014
    Managed to level up enough to get the "Goon Chests", I don't know the official name... They seem to have rare items which is pretty neat and still helps. Makes me wonder if there is another type of chest at level 30, and I fear it may be a long while until I get to find out. I struggled for a good hour or two just to net one more level and get Lilith. By this point I'm having to complete 65 objectives and it's getting immensely grindy. To anyone interested, she costs a whooping
    coins. Her default equipment is pretty balanced and moderately high.

3. Wizard_Mike

Wizard_Mike Well-Known Member

Mar 17, 2011
    Texas
    Thanks! I was wondering if we would need coins or essence to unlock her. Glad to know it's coins!

4. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany
    I am a little lost at the "Defeat a wizard with attacks from(?)/to(?) the right" mission.
    Does that mean you have to be in a left lane and attack to the right or otherwise? The German description is a bit confusing because in the German language, it could mean both.
    That said, the wizard only shows up very rarely and often hits and obstacle or save Point by running and is gone after that.

5. SYBO-binderup

SYBO-binderup Member

Nov 10, 2014
    Lead Game Designer
    Copenhagen
    The trick to hunting wizards and crushers is to stay away from the portal worlds during the quest - they're on a spawn timer, and that timer might trigger while you're in the dungeons - and thus wouldn't see them.

6. Wizard_Mike

Mar 17, 2011
    Texas
    Also, it seems that if you are in the same lane as the wizard when you approach him for the first time after he spawns, he always changes to another lane. So if you need to hit him with a right attack and he's in the left lane, then get into the same lane before he runs away and he'll change to a different lane so you'll be able to land a right attack on him.

I could be wrong about this, but that's been my experience so far.

7. Wizard_Mike

Mar 17, 2011
    Texas
    And just to clarify, the quest is wanting you to attack in the direction it calls for. (In other words, that's the direction you need to swipe when you attack.)

8. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany
    #88 Vovin, Jun 11, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2015
    Ah, good to know, Mike - thanks a lot.

edit: already did it, worked like a charm. Ignored the Portal, wizard came and I attacked him with swipes to the right and got the mission accomplished.
    The German translation isn't clear about that and it maybe should be fixed. It says "defeat a wizard with attacks from the right" which sounds like you have to be on the right side, but should say in German: "besiegt einen Zauberer mit Angriffen nach rechts" instead of "von rechts"

9. Seil

Seil Growtopia Seed Master

Aug 30, 2012
    US
    #89 Seil, Jun 11, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2015
    I started skipping them anyway if my "quests" were focused on them since they can't spawn in dungeons, so it was just more efficient to stay out. Good to know that it can genuinely hinder the hunt to enter dungeons, though.

Just hit 24. Would've hit it yesterday, but it took a while because of two quests in particular x.x "Kill 1 Crusher with Midas Touch" and "Kill 1 Flapper with Midas Touch". Really figured the latter would be easy, but finding normal(not level-scaled) Flappers after a Midas Touch proved difficult. Had the Crusher quest for ages but those two things just never wanted to come together haha. Even changed my armor to squeeze out as much Midas Touch as possible.

Level Up chest gave me an armor duplicate that turned into 25k coins >.< So many Epic tier things I don't have and I keep getting dupes.

Edit: Level 25 now. Managed a combo of 119, too. Previous best was 99(that hurt, was a perfect combo for the dungeon and fell 1 short). Unfortunately only beat my previous hi-score by 4k. Got a lot of "reach combo" dungeons which can hurt the score.

A "reach combo" dungeon has significantly less score potential than the others as it has fewer enemies. The difference can be more than 3x, like a reach combo dungeon could give you 7k for combo-ing the whole thing while a "kill X enemies" could end up giving you almost 30k. A "reach combo of 40" dungeon will give you about 60 max combo while a "kill 85 enemies" will have over 100 enemies total, so over 100 combo bonus and significantly more kills, both of which translate to more score.

10. Wizard_Mike

Mar 17, 2011
    Texas
    #90 Wizard_Mike, Jun 12, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2015
    Edit: Nevermind, figured out what I was doing wrong.

11. SYBO-binderup

SYBO-binderup Member

Nov 10, 2014
    Lead Game Designer
    Copenhagen
    Yeah, there's a funny thing going on there - our reasoning was that the dungeons should be doable foremost, and then if they're good for score, then that's plus. The Combo ones are failed if you mess up just once, in the middle of the Goon Army, while the "Kill X Goons" have way more room for error. Once players become awesome at combo-ing, suddenly it's all about finding the dungeon that has the most Goons - no matter what the quest is. It works out fine in the end.

We'll be adding more dungeon-quest-types going forward.

12. Wizard_Mike

Mar 17, 2011
    Texas
    Ok, so this has become one of my favorite games right now, and definitely my factor behind the back runner of all time. I'm pretty addicted! Really having a blast! :)

I only have two minor issues. The first is that a shielded goon can screw up a combo dungeon quest in ways that don't seem possible to manage. For example, hitting one that makes him fly back and land next to another goon, but you are too close to jump over to the far lane in order to come back in with a side attack that can kill them both. How are you supposed to handle those situations? Am I just missing something?

My other issue is that I would love to spend more than the $.99 that I spent on the starter pack, but I really don't feel compelled to purchase anything else. I'm not a fan of buying consumables or premium currency, especially when I can just take my time and enjoy the journey to getting everything just by playing.

You guys should consider some more one-time purchase ideas. Maybe some premium heroes or something, I don't know. All I know is that every time I fire this game up, I wish there was something other than consumables and gold to buy (via buying essence).

Bravo on such an awesome game, though. I can't put it down! :D

13. SYBO-binderup

SYBO-binderup Member

Nov 10, 2014
    Lead Game Designer
    Copenhagen
    I'm stoked you're having so much fun - there will be more stuff to straight up buy, rest assured.

As for your combo-breaking shield-goon conundrum: Instead of straight up hitting the goon, try jumping just before, and then stomping him instead - he'll still fly back, but you're now airborne, and your ground slam will be a handy Area of Effect attack that can take out whatever comes next. It's almost always a good idea to plan for how to get the most air. You can use the goonstomp to get high enough to climb a standard-size wall - it's a way of doing a wallclimb without an actual runable wall.

14. Wizard_Mike

Mar 17, 2011
    Texas
    Nice! :)

Ah! I never thought about stomping the shielded goon so that I could dive slam right after. So simple! Thanks!

I still have some learning to do, and not even thinking of that proves it. Gotta keep practicing! Working on hitting level 19 today.

That gives me an idea for a better way to handle those moments when I have to kill a goon on the ground all the way on one side, then a flapping goon in the far lane on the opposite side. I usually just roll through the one on the ground, then swipe over to the middle lane, then jump, then do a side attack in the air on the flapper. Now I wonder if I can just stomp the goon on the ground to get airborne and then do a side attack in the air on the flapper, so I can skip the step where I change lanes in between the two attacks. Gonna go try it now!

15. jimandjencoleman

jimandjencoleman New Member

Jun 17, 2015
    Kill crusher with roll attach

Loving this game. Had it for a week and not got off it. On level 24 and my last quest is "defeat 2 Crushers with roll attack" absolute nightmare as they always swat you when you roll. Anyone else struggling with this quest?

16. Wizard_Mike

Mar 17, 2011
    Texas
    Yeah, I had a "defeat 1 crusher with a roll attack" that I struggled with for a while because I kept hitting them with side attacks by accident when I was dodging the hammers.

When you hit them, they fly back and reposition themselves. Don't change lanes yet. They always switch the hammer to their other hand and line up to smash you in the lane you are in. Once you see the hammer switch to the other hand, switch to the lane that his empty hand is in. You'll be able to roll attack safely and take him out.

Hope that helps!

17. Hanna342

Hanna342 New Member

Jun 19, 2015
    LOVING the game! But I just have one question. I can't seem to pass the segment where there are single goons standing on single pillars high up in the air and there's a whole sequence of them?! I always end up falling down to the platform below. How do you keep up the chain? Hopefully the description was clear enough... Any help would be appreciated.

18. Wizard_Mike

Mar 17, 2011
    Texas
    The only way across those is by stomping, I believe. That's how I get across those, at least. Stomp on the first one and you'll bounce high enough to stomp the second one, etc.

19. Hanna342

Hanna342 New Member

Jun 19, 2015
    Thank you! That worked :)

20. horizoniki

horizoniki Active Member

Oct 28, 2014
    I don't know how many dollars I've thrown at this game not for the sake of having bonuses but to support you guys. Three words still remain though:
    60 fps pls.