Universal Blacken Slash (by Mario Kaiser)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Brightsiderus, Jul 21, 2022.

1. Rocco SE

Rocco SE Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2020
    Male
    Modern Mime Artist
    Austria
    Easier said than done. At level 9, you usually have a couple of weapons only and not really any upgrades. That stuff starts later.

2. elcrazy

elcrazy Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2017
    Ya I was gonna say not sure I have ever seen a chance to upgrade. Unless it’s one of the three options. But there I always pick a key or a legendary chip/transmitter. I almost always die Around 7-8. I have gotten to a boss a few times. And beaten it once or twice. But even then I don’t think that is level 13. Game is hard but ya it’s fun. I want to get a bud with more then 3 cycles but haven’t been able too. It may be too hard. Like I said would love a skill tree. Upgrade your stats a bit with lots of playing. Think it would fit perfect here. But I may not know what I am talking about lol. I don’t make
    Games I just play em.

3. Rocco SE

Jun 16, 2020
    Male
    Modern Mime Artist
    Austria
    No, I see it more as a true roguelike in that sense. And it even has got some meta progression, since you can archive good equipment to carry it over to your next run. That‘s really neat.

Games where you constantly get stronger with each run often feel like a cheap cop out to me. In the sense, that you are bound to loose at the beginning, only to invest enough time - not skill - to get further later on. That‘s why I really love roguelikes where every step counts. And although I suck at this game, it‘s one of the reasons why it‘s a keeper for me. I wanna master it.

AltsKev likes this.
  4. Quoad

Quoad Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2015
    Ok, active indie dev, interesting description, I’m in for a fiver on the basis of supporting good work irrespective of whether or not I ever make it to l13

5. Rocco SE

Jun 16, 2020
    Male
    Modern Mime Artist
    Austria
    You will quickly. I‘m now constantly getting farther. Learning curve is pretty great. Enjoy!

6. Quoad

Quoad Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2015
    #26 Quoad, Jul 28, 2022
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2022
    Unlocked when you get to level 21? 23? Sth like that. Unlock RNG new skill option first, then upgrade option after that.

Edit: I think I’m on my fifth or sixth run, and I’m going to bed at level 46. I have not hit the steep difficulty curve others described, most likely because I’ve been lucky with drops *cough* teleport *cough*

7. Quoad

Quoad Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2015
    Well, that run got to level 67 or 68. I’m unsure whether or not the archiving mechanic is a bit unbalanced, as there were many fifth-level-reward points where I needed neither kernels nor regen and so went for archive keys, leading to an archive that is frankly so massive that I have no idea when I’ll ever be able to use it. A couple of circuit sets in there, which def livens things up Don’t need to get very far in to assure yourself of enough archive keys to carry over your entire weapon and software set (and more besides) tho, so unless I begin hitting repeat critical failures between l8-10 or sth I can see this developing into more of a comprehensive library than a selective archive.

Attached Files:

adamphetamine likes this.
  8. Quoad

Quoad Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2015
    I don’t get push.

“Could push or could attack.”

I cannot see a situation in which push is the better option.

Having ínstalled the complete “pusher” set from archive (“this MUST be overpowered right?”), my overriding impression was “well, this sucks.” 5 cycles, but just no possible way to do meaningful damage, or to fight hordes of any size. I won some Pacifist medals. I guess that’s the point? ‍♂️

9. AltsKev

AltsKev Well-Known Member

Nov 12, 2016
    Male
    Developer
    A big update has been launched 3 day's ago, with more fun, i like it a lotttt