Black Ops ||

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by inFamous2-VIC, Sep 1, 2012.

1. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    I think it's a stretch to say the graphics are always good. The engine looks outdated to the point of ridiculousness to me. The lighting is flat as hell and there's little to no post-processing going on at all... fairly standard effects these days. It does run very well though.

2. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    Why do I get the feeling that this will somehow turn into a cod bashing thread? :rolleyes: guess I helped it along though

3. LBG

LBG Señor Member

Apr 19, 2009
    nada ilegal
    31.560499, -111.904128
    I disagree. I'd say that the graphics are always good, and by good I mean they are slightly above average, but never outstanding. The lighting and effects may not be very advanced, but the general quality of the graphics (and map design) always seems to be of a high standard. And with CoD games, I don't recall seeing any graphical glitches or weird anomalies that I have had with other games. I've been playing some CoD 4 recently and even by today's standards, the graphics still look good in my opinion.

4. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    Actually my gaming friends think BLOPS2 is going to make big changes to how "kill streaks" work. Most of them don't like what they've heard, really. Of course they are still going to get it and maybe they'll change their minds.

I tried MW3 and can't say I was thrilled, but I don't think I'm into FPS much. Rather, I suck at them. LOL. I kind of had fun with it, but I die way too much. It got old. I traded it in recently and won't be getting BLOPS2, but that's me.

5. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    Sure they do, but there are very little graphical or gameplay advances and/or changes between cod 4 and black ops.

6. LBG

LBG Señor Member

Apr 19, 2009
    nada ilegal
    31.560499, -111.904128
    Of course. But I don't see that as a particularly bad thing as the graphics, despite being largely unchanged, are still good enough and better than the graphics of most other FPS games.

Anyway, back on the topic of BO2, I probably won't be getting it as I'm not keen on the futuristic setting. The game looks good but it's not to my taste, and I'll be too busy playing other games like AC3 and FC3.

7. The Bat Outta Hell

The Bat Outta Hell Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Mar 10, 2009
    Hat Salesman
    Washington
    Same, except Hitman Absolution will be thrown in there too.

8. Dx_0628

Dx_0628 Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2010
    Creating ideas for future gaming.
    i pre-ordered it for my xbox 360 and i'll probably get it for my ps3 as well a bit later. glad i pre-ordered when Nuketown 2025 map was available.

9. Dx_0628

Dx_0628 Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2010
    Creating ideas for future gaming.
    Also Dishonored! really looking forward to that game!