Black Ops ||

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by inFamous2-VIC, Sep 1, 2012.

1. inFamous2-VIC

inFamous2-VIC Well-Known Member

Aug 24, 2012
    #1 inFamous2-VIC, Sep 1, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2012
    Who pre-ordered it? Who reserved it? And who is getting it on ps3? :D I put in some money for it at gamestop (reserved it), I did that in August, and I'm kinda sad I didn't do it at June (free nuketown map), and yeah. All I can hope for is wave 4 to hopefully be a zombies map pack, kino on black ops 2? :D Discuss. :p

2. TakenXXDeadly

TakenXXDeadly Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2011
    Student
    I'm still considering hardened edition; nuketown zombies is the only reason why I'd get cod black ops 2.

3. Blingmaya

Blingmaya New Member

Aug 17, 2012
    Marketing, Business consultant
    USA, LA
    Call of duty is the game that i have been playing since i was 14 and i must say they are improving the tactics and the game is really enhancing its users towards itself and more more people are diverting towards this game day by day..

4. Fireball926

Fireball926 Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2010
    none
    Somewhere
    Well truthfully I think its going to be complete rubbish. The only good call of duty in my opinion was cod 4. The only thing I'm going to play is zombies and the campaign but I do respect the fact the fact they are moving towards more tactical gameplay kind of like counter strike.

5. inFamous2-VIC

Aug 24, 2012
    @Taken, yeah, I know what you mean man, this game has the potential to be better then cod4, I make the ladder of games like this top to bottom. Cod4,black ops 1, w@w is a tie with mw2, and then, the sorry despicable, lousy mw3. No offense if somebody thinks it's the best, I think it is really trash IMHO.

6. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    Activision needs to find a better franchise besides CoD to put their talents into. Believe it or not, a video game series can get old after over half a dozen games and very few new ideas.

7. inFamous2-VIC

Aug 24, 2012
    Ok, but riddle me this batman, what franchise from activison gets the most money now a days? Trust me, activison will not do that, it's kind of like throwing potential money away if they did that.

8. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    And that is exactly the reason we see more cods. Not because they are spectacularly good games, but because people buy them.

9. K.D!

K.D! Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2008
    England
    For me personally, the Call of Duty games are about as monotonous as the Halo games. As JBRUU mentioned, its financial aspect that sees them releasing what essentially feels like reskins nearly every year.

Can definitely say that I won't be picking it up. Assassins Creed 3 on the other hand...

10. inFamous2-VIC

Aug 24, 2012
    Also for the people who are actually excited for activison's new release, the writer of this games story is a writer who helped out movies like the dark knight rises! The story is gonna be some pretty epic movie quality stuff, I can't wait for it! Also, the score is gonna be made by a good composer too, not Hans Zimmer but this guy is going to be good as far as I can see!

11. mashead2000

mashead2000 Well-Known Member

This is set in future so hopefully will bring new stuff to the table-i loved BLOPS and prefer it to MW games, i have pre ordered and got free posters and Nuketown map
    Really want the Care Package edition but im not that rich lol :(

12. inFamous2-VIC

Aug 24, 2012
    I know man, it's tough times; I'm in the same position as you, but as long as I get black ops 2 with the nuketown map and wave 4, I'll be pretty satisfied. Don't worry about it man.

13. Teh_Ninja

Teh_Ninja Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2010
    Waiter at Chili's
    Dallas
    Meh... Another year, another same CoD.

14. Jdragoon19

Jdragoon19 Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2010
    TouchArcade Forums
    Area 51
    It isn't the same CoD btw. And what is wrong with another same CoD? Not trying to put you on the spot though, I'm just one of those people that happen to love CoD and don't really get bored of it.

Activision is definitely making loads of money from CoD, so obviously, they're going to keep making more of them. They'll eventually stop making them when sales start plummeting. So, as far as I can tell, tons of people love CoD.

15. inFamous2-VIC

Aug 24, 2012
    Can't deal with these kind of statements.

16. inFamous2-VIC

Aug 24, 2012
    #16 inFamous2-VIC, Sep 4, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2012
    Man, if I said the same remark about another series game like Mario kart, I'd get flamed. You simply cannot say another year, another same Mario game. Each cod and Mario game has innovated something new into the game. So no, it's not the "same". In fact, this may and probably will be the best selling game in 2012. I'm not saying it is the best game of 2012, I havent played it yet. Hense the probably and may I used in the other sentence. If a good developer is getting alot of money even before the game comes out, you know people trust them. Black ops 1 was a success, and I plan on this game being its successor. Long live series games like Mario and COD.

17. Teh_Ninja

Teh_Ninja Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2010
    Waiter at Chili's
    Dallas
    Yes it is another rehash of the series.

BLOPS2 is changing up the create-a-class (that's been the same for 5+ years), big deal, not much else is changing.

Same killstreaks, same OP weapons, same game mechanics. This series hasn't been innovated since CoD4. Look at CoD2 and then at CoD4... there was a HUGE difference, the entire system was changed, and for the better.

All they do EVERY year is: Re-skin the game, add some new (same) weapons, cycle the killstreaks, etc. you get what I'm saying.

To say that CoD is a "good" game, is being ignorant.

Each to their own...

18. LBG

LBG SeƱor Member

Apr 19, 2009
    nada ilegal
    31.560499, -111.904128
    Thinking a game is good isn't being ignorant.

Being intolerable of other people's opinions on a game, now that is being ignorant.

You don't even have to be a fan of the series to understand why CoD games are so popular. I'm not a big fan myself, I generally don't like online multiplayer games and I really don't like little kids screaming obscenities at me, yet I can still value CoD games for the many reasons they are so successful. The game always runs smoothly at around 60 fps, the graphics are always good, the controls are always familiar, connecting and matchmaking is always quick and smooth, the gameplay is always familiar and rarely undergoes any major changes, people are always playing, and the overall quality of the games are always top notch.

The way I see it, CoD games are comfort games. You know how some people have a favourite movie which they'll watch over and over again, well I kind of see CoD games like that. They are quick, smooth, convenient games that people can jump into at any time, knowing what to expect in terms of gameplay, controls and quality. Like it or not, most gamers don't seem to be very adventurous and would rather stick to what they know and love rather than take a risk with another game. I'm not this type of gamer, but at the end of the day people play games that they enjoy. And many people enjoy CoD games, while people like myself enjoy new, fresh gaming experiences. Therefore I don't see a problem.

19. inFamous2-VIC

Aug 24, 2012
    Preach! That whole post said what I needed to say in a nutshell.

20. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    Couldn't have said it better myself, save for the ignorant part.

People, there is a reason why we see a new cod every single year...

But if you like it enjoy it for what it's worth.