Universal Black Desert Mobile (by Pearl Abyss)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by squarezero, Dec 8, 2019.

1. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Played for 2-3 hours and I'm enjoying it. I'm not sure how long I'll stick around since it seems like there's just way too much to do (like all MMORPGs). I just really love the character customization, design, and animations. I'm a sucker for those. Just with the bits I've played I've give it a 7/10 so far.

2. ramzarules

ramzarules Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2014
    Greece
    The camera is infuriating.
    Playing a ranged class (ranger supposedly best starting class) it is all way too close, sometimes shooting at monsters out of the screen even fully zoomed out.
    It also doesnt help that the camera NEVER auto rotates to follow your character’s direction, so most of the time you are shooting at an enemy very close to you, while his backside covers your screen and you just press the skills and - maybe- bother to turn the camera before you have to turn it again for the next mob.
    The way the game is meant to be played right now is : press the quest to automove in the middle of the mobs you are supposed to kill, and start pressing skills and watch the pretty flashes until they die.
    From the gameplay videos, i sort of knew camera was going to be my major problem but ALL mmorpgs either have the camera autofollow your character from the back, OR give a zoomed out comfortable view.
    Sure, its looking pretty but the combat is not satisfying and the camera is 100% at fault.

3. Nonstickron

Nonstickron Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    Graphic Artist / Pre-Press
    Central Florida
    #23 Nonstickron, Dec 11, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2019
    When autopathing, I just turn it manually to keep it behind my character as it runs and the character changes direction. Problem solved, for me. I like that I can hit the autopath button to select the quest target, and then move the thumbstick a little to disable autorun, and then just follow the path to where i need to go manually. The map up in the corner actually is pretty good for manual pathing. Bigger problem for me is the thumbstick seems a little finicky, I'd prefer if it was a floating one instead of being fixed in one spot the way it is. Might be an option, I havn't checked yet, still at work.

Edit: Ok, I take it back. The more I play the more I wish it moved the camera behind me. especially with the Ranger as the person above me mentioned. Seems like something they could easily fix though. And my thumbstick is already set to float, but the zone that detects me trying to touch it is too small (ipad), and I end up touching beneath or to the left of the hot zone, and moving my view half the time instead.

4. Sladecut

Sladecut Well-Known Member

Jul 4, 2019
    Male
    I will never understand who likes to play these types of garbage mmorpg games on mobileo_O you just press a button and the game play itself. No thanks

Vash85 and sharfaust like this.
  5. Johny_Toxic

Johny_Toxic Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2019
    Male
    Gaming Addict
    Indiana
    #25 Johny_Toxic, Dec 11, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2019
    To me it would be odd to play the MMORPGs that you actually had to manually run to complete each repetitive quest. I like to auto through the daily grind stuff during the day, then at night I lm able to focus on the high end raiding and guild stuff. For me, an MMO is about character development, and then testing that development out on the high end challenges. Even when they’res full voices acting and well written quests, that’s just not what I play for, they’re just not normally what’s fun to me, it still just seems like “go collect 10 bear hides and bring them back to me” a thousand times over and over said a few different ways. I’m glad they’ve acknowledged that’s not the enjoyable part of the game play, and have given me a way to pass through that and still get the satisfaction of developing my character.

6. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    It sounds like you didn't even play it lol :rolleyes:

7. Rangerlump

Rangerlump Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2010
    I saw some articles and posts saying that it has native gamepad support. Then I saw posts saying gamepad does not work.
    In an effort to save data download and account creation, can anyone test and report back if gamepads / controllers work?

8. JasonLL

JasonLL Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2014
    Male
    I just picked up an Xbox One wireless controller and I can’t get it to work with the game for the couple minutes I tried.

9. Skall

Skall Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2009
    Worked with ps4 one