Universal Bitcoin Billionaire (By Noodlecake Studios Inc)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Eli, Nov 5, 2014.

1. Well, if we're going to discuss TA giving this a 5/5 review, then...

I think that Touch Arcade gave this game a 5/5 because of what the game is in the genre. Like how I consider Sharknado a good movie because it does the crappy spinoff thing well. This game is most certainly not a 5/5 in the grand spectrum of things. However, if we only consided these incremental games, then this game does end up being rather high up in the chain. At least with what you've got on iOS. You'd need to ask people more experienced in this genre for where they'd put this in the entire incremental genre.

Whether that makes this game a good thing or not, it's up to you to decide really. I'd say opinions on incremental games do have a relationship similar to "You love them or hate them". You could get endlessly sucked into them, or you could easily get bored of them within the first 10 minutes.

Personally, I'd give this game a 3.5/5, if I'd be forced to put a rating on it. The people at Touch Arcade may love it so much that it's worth 5/5, whatever. I don't like those number ratings anyway.

2. LukeT

LukeT Well-Known Member

Aug 24, 2012
    Having a problem here, the purchases of the in game store, like the auto miner and coin doubler, are showing for me as N/A (Not available).
    Ok, back to the game, can't stop for so long, not feeling well...

3. fizzpowgames

fizzpowgames Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

Some great stuff in here to consider, thanks!

4. fizzpowgames

Patreon Gold

I saw this happen earlier too, and only thing that seemed to fix was actually rebooting my device.

5. fizzpowgames

Patreon Gold

Appreciate your take on this. Noodlecake said earlier that clickers are as divisive as cilantro. So true :D But we happen to love clickers and that's why we made it, the best we could. Hopefully even better in updates!

6. SirHanet

SirHanet Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2013
    Halifax
    WHAT THE HECK?!?! Man, you have one STRONG opinion about this game. NOT!

7. Wizard_Mike

Wizard_Mike Well-Known Member

Mar 17, 2011
    Texas
    One of the things I'm really enjoying about is game is that it's practically a digital time capsule/1st world parody of today, blending current trends, popculture, technology, and sci-fi all together in a spoofy fashion that keeps me smiling. The whole bitcoin mining, amazon delivery drones, the things we can invest in, the silly news ticker... It's all great!

My favorite news ticker is the Nomton Utilities ad. If I had a dollar for everytime I've heard, "But Norton is supposed to make my computer run faster!"...

8. George Broussard

George Broussard Active Member

Aug 10, 2009
    re: 5/5

If you like clicker games it's a clear 5/5. No question. If you don't, it won't be. Pretty simple. It's a quality, fun and well made app, and I like the theme 100x more than Cookie Clicker or Candy Box.

IMO reviews should be viewed in light of intended audience and genre and compared against that. Clear 5/5 here.

9. indalico

indalico Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2011
    ohio
    It's a pretty good game as far as clicker/idle incremental type games go. This one's a keeper on my ipad for being fun, and something I can spend a little bit of time each day.

For comparision purposes, I also spend some time with Cookie Clicker, Clicker Heroes, and Adventure Capitalist. Much easier on the computer when I can have a different tab open and not really do too much in any game once I've built up considerably.

10. cowtruck123

cowtruck123 Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2012
    Live this game! I've bought both doublers and the first auto miner. I would love for the auto miner to be upgradable without having to pay more real money for v2.0 etc...
    I love the idea for the arcade machine to be playable. You could gamble bitcoins and possibley earn more by winning an arcade game (kinda like how tiny tower vegas is with betting chips). I'd love to see more diversity in gameplay as well (more rooms, interns to hire, maybe a hiring and firing aspect similar to karisoft games, and more). Again, great work! Look forward to future updates!

11. smegly

smegly Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2012
    NY, NY
    My phone can't connect to wifi anymore and I have to watch my data limit so I'm always going to reject the option to "watch a video" although 30 seconds of banner ads is fine.

Considering that both things can yield similar rewards I'd appreciate it if the skip/double prompt included 30 second banners either interchangeably with watching videos or as an additional option.

12. fizzpowgames

Patreon Gold

Thanks for the support! We are considering a way to gamble bitcoins in a future update and maybe some mini games.

13. fizzpowgames

Patreon Gold

I can see how that would be helpful. I am not sure we can change this for a few reasons but will take it into consideration.

14. smegly

smegly Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2012
    NY, NY
    I appreciate the consideration. It just seems that with the variety of offers the game presents the player with in other instances, it might make sense to extend that to the skip/double. I actually really like the way ads are incorporated into this game insofar as they fit the "narrative" and if it weren't for data issues, I'd always be watching the videos.

I'm wondering perhaps are the videos are the most theoretically profitable advertising feature?

15. Sikuzo

Sikuzo Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2014
    #115 Sikuzo, Nov 9, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2014
    The top Game Center scores are completely broken. If they are hacking, can't they make a more believable high score...Hope they get removed soon.

16. slammajamma28

slammajamma28 Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2013
    Software Developer
    'Murrica
    I'm hoping Game Center will be fixed soon!!

17. fizzpowgames

Patreon Gold

We cleared out a lot of the obvious cheaters, it's a lot better now.

18. stooney

stooney Well-Known Member

I never played a clicker before, and I am surprised how much I like this game.
    It's just a great little timewaster and the next goal is always only ever so far away.

Just one thig, it's a bit mean when all three of the chance cards are bad things, soetimes even the same three. Even more, when you can only so many times a day skip for free.

Please make this chance at least 50:50, other than that I will return to tapping now ...

19. Qwertz555

Qwertz555 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2010
    Though i already knew that this app won't make me happy (a clear prejudice of mine), these four things made me very curious: what is a clicker, TA's review, Mene's rant and that quote above (or Hoggy's).

While i deleted the app after ten minutes with a big :confused:, i could clearly see the high polished production and loveful thoughts that went into it.
    Just the start with the characters customization is gorgeous, as well as the pixel art and the music. Very charming overall.

So...should i leave a 1-star rate/rant in the app store, simply because i don't like it? Definitely NO, i just move ahead and leave this (or whatever) thread to the people who are enjoying it. It could and should be that simple, imho.

20. Thomadaneau

Thomadaneau Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2013
    Digital marketing consultant
    Please developpers, fix it so we can skip anything instead of crashing. Especially when it's our hard-earned last purchases.

Also, not cool when the 3 cards are negative. It's like a bottleneck. Most of the time, I prefer to not open the card because I know I will be pissed off and close the game right after.