Universal Bitcoin Billionaire (By Noodlecake Studios Inc)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Eli, Nov 5, 2014.

1. Lazer Kat

Lazer Kat Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2013
    I feel like such a blue-ice addict asking this - how many multi-touch inputs does this register at once?
    In other words, how many fingers can i tap with, is there any reason to use both hands?

If you work in a BrBa reference the next update I'll break my no IAP in freemium games rule, and buy the doubler.

2. hepcatkip

hepcatkip Member

Mar 23, 2013
    After all the meetings I a bit embarrassed we don't have A breaking bad reference in v1.

3. fizzpowgames

fizzpowgames Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

I don't want to give away the secret sauce here, but I will say that I have been able to make a gain using two fingers from each hand in an alternating pattern.

Will hold you to that doubler!

4. Lazer Kat

Sep 29, 2013
    #84 Lazer Kat, Nov 8, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2014
    You got it.
    +1 for a Hector Salamanco reference.

5. kevin8977

kevin8977 Active Member

Apr 4, 2014
    This game was made by Canadians?! OK that is really weird timing. Haha, oh and now I spent about $15 :/ I make over 700 GB a second even when I'm not doing anything... I think I need to summon Satan so he can kill Beelezebub, or whatever the Canadian devil was called.

6. Mene

Mene <b>ACCOUNT CLOSED</b>: <em>Officially</em> Quit iO

Mar 18, 2012
    Words cannot express how utterly staggered and disappointed I am with TA over their review of this insidious cesspit of an app. I won't even call it a game, it's not a game. It's an exercise in stupidity.

Hammering away at the screen is not gameplay. It's retarded and it sickens me to see what utter **** the 'modern day' gamer plays and actually enjoys.

If this trash gets 5/5 then well, the mind boggles and I really don't know why I'm hanging around this forum anymore.

7. TheClaff

TheClaff Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2008
    Senior Producer, Bethesda Game Studios
    Bethesda, Maryland
    No cloud save for cross device? I can't find it. Really enjoying the game otherwise.

8. fizzpowgames

Patreon Gold

We definitely are looking into that for future updates.

9. Lazer Kat

Sep 29, 2013
    #89 Lazer Kat, Nov 8, 2014
    I felt like you would end this with "5/5 - love it"

You'll probably never see this reply, because there's really no reason to be here...but every game doesn't have to be Device 6 brilliant. There are different games and experiences made from different people and for different people. There are different experiences for different moods. Sometimes I want an interactive gaming experience that challenges the way I think, sometimes I may want an idle clicker - that doesn't make my IQ any less than yours.

EDIT:
    I think we would be able to ingest the negative cards a little better if the game wasn't so obviously tuned to the players disadvantage, 2/3 of the cards are negative, which gives us a mere 33% chance of anything positive happening. This makes the player discouraged from tapping. If the odds were 1/2 negative or even 3/5 negative, we'd be more encouraged. As it sits I know the odds are seriously stacked against me.

10. fizzpowgames

Patreon Gold

It's almost exactly 50/50 chance of positive vs. negative card but because random is random, it can appear to be stacked one way or the other for periods of time. I definitely am planning to tweak this behavior so it feels more distributed.

11. fizzpowgames

Patreon Gold

+1 thanks Lazer Kat :D

12. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

What I think is fascinating about this game is we see sort of a phenomenon that's similar to the uncanny valley in robotics. At the end of the day, all games are just about incrementing a number. If you distill any video game out there to its most raw and basic goal, or hell, even looking at life as a whole, it's all about just increasing a number.

Games often obscure this through various stat systems or whatever else, which make for fun gameplay elements. There's a reason why everyone got so crazy with Skyrim, because that game has SO MANY things you could improve, with very tangible benefits for increasing those numbers. Free to play games start to get close to the uncanny valley comparison here, and quickly fall off into the same feeling of repulsion when it comes to what gamers want.

...But Bitcoin Billionaire somehow manages to come up on the other side of that, in that if you stop trying to hide the fact that the game is literally nothing more than increasing a number and instead just fully embrace it, you can't put it down, and aren't mad that this is what you're doing. In this case, there's no trick, no illusion, the game is increasing a number. I agree with Carter and a lot of other people here, Bitcoin Billionaire could just as easily be a 1 star game as it could a 5 star game, with very little difference in the argument of either.

Whether or not that was even intention in the game's design, it's kind of amazing. For that reason alone, I think Bitcoin Billionaire (and similar clicking games) is/are way more special than detractors are giving it/them credit for.

13. jn2002dk

jn2002dk Well-Known Member

May 22, 2009
    Denmark
    #93 jn2002dk, Nov 8, 2014
    While i'm enjoying this game for what is i think your post is missing a vital part - skill

Most of the standard genres - FPS, TPS, RTS, 4X takes skill to excel at.
    While you could reduce them to being just about increasing a number it would be a gross oversimplification and completely disregard the high skillcap on many of the top games. Counter Strike pros can wipe the floor any day with people like me because they have the skills, gained through 1000s of hours of practice

Bitcoin Billionaire (and all the other clickers) however is simply a skinners box

I also feel your comparison with RPGs misses the mark. A huge part of the best RPGs is the story and a well designed world you can immerse yourself in. You'd be better served by comparing it to a MMO since they use the same mechanics although at least some of them have a high skill ceiling and it's possible, through tactics, practice and teamwork, to be better than others

All that being said, i'm still enjoying this. It's a really polished clicker and i did buy the auto miner to support the devs. I'm also intrigued by how they've implemented ads. I think it's a brilliant solution and hopefully it will serve as an example for other f2p games

14. fizzpowgames

Patreon Gold

Next Update!

Hey all, so we need your help!

We are considering many ideas for what our next big update should be and are opening the floor to anyone that would like to give us input.

We feel the most obvious course would be to add lots more content (Investments & Room Upgrades), but would love to hear what you all would like to see and/or which content or theme would be most fun for you to see.

Thanks!

15. jn2002dk

May 22, 2009
    Denmark
    Is there a prestige mode? Like, you restart but with bonuses depending on how many coins you got the previous time? If there isn't that would be nice:)

16. fizzpowgames

Patreon Gold

Yes kind of. There is currently a Reset mechanic. You gain 20% coin bonus permanently each time you reset @ Bitminer v.25.0 and a handful of achievements require you to reset and play in different ways.

17. jn2002dk

May 22, 2009
    Denmark
    Cool!

Looks like you're already 1 step ahead of me then;)

18. Sikuzo

Sikuzo Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2014
    Anyone know how to get the 2 secret achievements? They hint "you win some, you lose some" and "aim high".

19. BazookaTime

BazookaTime Well-Known Member

#99 BazookaTime, Nov 8, 2014
    For me, room upgrades would be the top of my list, would love to have drone(s) upgrades as well, maybe appearance and or how they fly and drop packages.

I love the investments and would like more but they are not as visible as room upgrades, so that would be secondary for me.

Maybe being able to hire interns that will tap for us?

Oh and if there is ever a way to get more arcade machines and play them (like the first Animal Crossing) that would be awesome. They would accept Nit Coins of course.

20. BazookaTime

BazookaTime Well-Known Member

Double Post.