Universal BIT.TRIP RUN! - (by Gaijin Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Oct 23, 2013.

1. rIcHrAnDoM

rIcHrAnDoM Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    So is this game playable with my phone muted, or is the music an important part of gameplay? Thanks.

2. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    The music is a compliment to the gameplay and certainly makes it more enjoyable but it's not necessary to just play the game itself.

3. BillyOceansBlues

BillyOceansBlues Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2013
    wow what is up with that control delay? terrible! this is a game about precision and timing. after a touch there is an entire beat before the dude jumps! its actually a visible, tangible delay. are you kidding?

4. darnoc703

darnoc703 Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2013
    Yea!!!!
    :D

5. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    #105 awp69, Oct 31, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2013
    What device / OS are you playing on? It's odd that both TheFrost and myself seem to be among the few aren't experiencing any issues with delays.

I guess we're just special. ;)

6. mertcanmirza

mertcanmirza Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2013
    Dear Devs of the game
    I got interesting problem please help:
    I bought the game but I can not play
    All levels are locked including first levels
    I watched the video of the game and I choose the starting area but mine is locked I tried all other levels but they are locked too so I couldnt play please help
    I deleted and reinstalled the game but still have thar problem

7. darnoc703

darnoc703 Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2013
    I don't have any issue with delays, I do however have issues with it jumping instead of sliding or kicking. Big issues

8. retr0spective

retr0spective Well-Known Member

May 24, 2011
    Riverside, CA
    I am running 7.0.3 on 4s. I have had similar experiences but none that are not attributable to poor timing on my part, especially attempting to jump from a ledge too late, for example. I recently cleared the first boss and have achieved a few perfect runs after working out the timing on successive playthroughs. My experience leads me to attribute any issues to precision rather than the gameplay controls.

9. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    Not having issues with that either. Strange mix if experiences here. But glad to see the dev listening.

10. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    My experience as well on a 4S. Like those trampolines weren't easy at first due to how precise you need to be with timing, but it was all on me and I got the hang of the right time to jump.

11. BillyOceansBlues

BillyOceansBlues Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2013
    iphone 5 latest OS

12. GG_Dant

GG_Dant Member

Sep 24, 2013
    Do you know if you have enough available room on your device?

13. Lohengriehn

Lohengriehn Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2013
    to cplr

there are small delayed double taps in the third level for example...two bridges are pretty close together there. you tap and tap again in a small timed frame window. thats what i would name double tap. the second tap isnt recognized fast enough.

im also on ios7.0.3, as well as others who are angry about the "slow" control recognization in this game. hopefully a fix will come soon. the game looks good, wo doubt, but a good control recognization looks different than in this actual build imo.

14. Gabrien

Gabrien Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2009
    #114 Gabrien, Oct 31, 2013
    This is the main issue I was having as well. The problem is, the tap sensitivity is so high, the tiniest fraction of a second between your finger touching the screen and swiping will cause a jump. At the same time the sensitivity needs to be high due to the tasks the game throws at you, and yet anything less than full confidence in controls undermines the gameplay completely.

15. Double

Double Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2013
    #115 Double, Oct 31, 2013
    Earlier in the day I noticed some Game Center issues effecting multiple games. This is no longer the case, Bit.Trip Run! is still showing "No Items" for both Leaderboards and Achievments.

I also cannot access the Store.

I agree this game is about precision, and can become a bit frustrating. The main issue being swiping down, which can activate tap. (jump)

Glad to see the Devs are following the thread.

16. GG_Dant

GG_Dant Member

Sep 24, 2013
    We're watching this thread like hawks. Hawks that make video games, but hawks nonetheless.

Anyways, we're aware of the problems you're mentioning here, and they'll be fixed very soon!

17. MARl0

MARl0 Member

Dec 31, 2011
    So nobody can confirm if the game is running at 60fps on iPhone 5 or iPad 4? That's all I need to know to buy the game. Anyone using either device, could you let me know, it only takes a second!

18. mertcanmirza

mertcanmirza Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2013
    I got lots of available space on my ipad2 still same issue please help

19. GG_Dant

GG_Dant Member

Sep 24, 2013
    Try deleting the game and installing it again! There's a good chance that will fix the problem.

Really sorry for the trouble!

20. ColeDaddy

ColeDaddy Silver Supporter<br>Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Mar 20, 2010
    Male
    Sojourner
    Washington D.C.
    Add another complaint to the wonky jump imprecision. Tried on both my iPad 2 and iPhone 5 using iOS 7.0.3. Frustrating.