Universal BIT.TRIP RUN! - (by Gaijin Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Oct 23, 2013.

1. nemerleb

nemerleb Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2013
    #81 nemerleb, Oct 31, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2013
    I experienced some lag on my ios7 Mini. Hopefully an optimization update will soon be released with a virtual pad. I noticed that a swipe jump has better input than a tap one.

2. Andy C83

Andy C83 Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2010
    Over the Rainbow
    Same here. I think it's a problem with Game Center/iOS 7, the same thing is happening in a lot of other games.

3. retr0spective

retr0spective Well-Known Member

May 24, 2011
    Riverside, CA
    Just to clarify, the tutorial image is misleading. You can tap or swipe up anywhere on the screen to jump. The game can be played entirely with one hand if desired.

4. TheFrost

TheFrost Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    Developers cant win here... if they do buttons, then people will complain like in TEC 3001 saying its complex (same quantity of buttons, and it really isnt), same as if they do swiping or tilting... will always have ways to complain :p so I think this is the easiest way to do it: Just swipe gently left right or down o perform actions and you get half of the screen to jump... its easy! ;)

Not for you Andsoitgoes, its for the majority out there.

5. TheFrost

Nov 18, 2010
    I play that way :)

6. JindoFox

JindoFox Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2008
    Game Impressions

Not to be cranky, but did anyone else like BIT.TRIP better when it didn't talk? The announcer is quite the well-modulated baritone but he says nothing of importance in the unskippable intro scenes. If it were up to me, I would have kept the file size down and put the focus on the running and jumping, where it belongs.

Also it doesn't seem quite as responsive as I'd like on my 5S.

Nevertheless I'm a fan of the developer and it's nice to see iOS supported again.

7. Lohengriehn

Lohengriehn Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2013
    lag on ipad mini also. short double taps arent recognized properly. bad work for claimed price of the game. im disappointed.

8. DonnyDJ76

DonnyDJ76 Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2011
    Male
    Teacher
    Hackensack, NJ
    I'm running both Bit Trip and Papa Sangre II on IOS 6- No items are showing up for Game Center for me either :(

9. Duke12

Duke12 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2013
    Taps are off on ipad 3 as well. Not holding my breath with patch since its Gaijin we are talkin about....

10. DonnyDJ76

DonnyDJ76 Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2011
    Male
    Teacher
    Hackensack, NJ
    Let me correct myself. There are 28 GC achievements for Papa Sangre II. Apparently, there are no leader boards or achievements for Bit Trip Saga via GC. I tried these games on both my iPad 3 ios 6.0.3. as well as iPhone 5 ios 7.0.

11. Lazer Kat

Lazer Kat Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2013
    Who would have thought Ninjump Rooftops would be better than But Trip?
    Not me...but I think it might be true.

12. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    Sucks that so many people are having control issues. Admittedly, I haven't played a lot, but I've gotten through the first eight levels without feeling frustrated by the controls. Any deaths that have occurred felt justified.

But I could see where any slight issue with the controls would be frustrating since there is a lot of precision involved. It took me a number of attempts to get through the eight level with the trampoline type things because you have to hit them just right. But that's more of a small hit box problem (or "feature" if you want to call it that).

Love the game so far and hope there's an update for those who are having control issues.

13. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    Definitely not true for me. Loving this one.

Ninjump Rooftops is good, but not this good.

14. retr0spective

retr0spective Well-Known Member

May 24, 2011
    Riverside, CA
    #94 retr0spective, Oct 31, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2013
    If I am not mistaken, there are no double taps required. There is a tap and hold movement for slightly longer jumps which involves leaving your finger on the screen. Is this what you are referring to?

This game retains a very close feel to the original and requires maintaining close timing to the rhythm to clear obstacles. Repetition and memory are a significant part of the gameplay. The end result is very much the blissful feeling of synesthesia when you clear a perfect run.

15. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    ^^ This.

16. cplr

cplr Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2011
    which version of iOS are you on?

double tap or not, this game simply has terrible touch responsiveness, at least on iOS 7.0.3. Many, many, many times I tap and no jump occurs, resulting in death. It's absolutely terrible and makes the game unplayable.

17. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    I know I'm running iOS 6.1.3 and am using an iPhone 4S. Never had a single experience where a tap didn't result in a jump.

18. TheFrost

Nov 18, 2010
    Im running the exact same version and no problem at all so far... strange...

19. Duke12

Duke12 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2013
    7.02 here and i have problems with taps. Also once i survived when i jumped right into obstacle. Just kept running...

20. GG_Dant

GG_Dant Member

Sep 24, 2013
    Hey everyone! Dant from Gaijin Games here.

I just wanted to let you all know that we're paying close attention to your feedback, and working on an update as we speak! Keep an eye out!

Thanks so much to everyone who's purchased the game so far. You're the best!