iPad BIT.TRIP BEAT - by Namco

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Sep 29, 2010.

1. sammysin

sammysin Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2010
    Government Official.
    Swansea, UK
    New and Noteworthy in the UK!

Bought it earlier.

2. your personal robot

your personal robot Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2008
    nonverbalist
    Berlin
    Wanted to download the level packs, but it's not connecting to iTunes, strange..
    Could somebody else purchase them?

I also would love to test multiplayer.... no success so far, nobody online?

I'm really having a hard time at a certain point of level 2.
    If you reach it, you will know which one. It's confusing me so much,
    although it's looking quite simple. So mean!! :)

But I will try over and over again. It's so much fun to rank up the personal score, the multiplier system is just perfect.

Right now, my fav game.

3. sammysin

sammysin Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2010
    Government Official.
    Swansea, UK
    Awesome game, not a fan of the controls to be honest, but that's only because I played for 5 minutes. As I'm not great with the tilt or touch controls... That further enhances the difficulty of the game.

4. Slothy

Slothy Well-Known Member

Jan 8, 2010
    Bummer, doesn't support retina, yet it's designed for newer devices and the screenshots are retina, doesn't make sense. Oh well, still a great game.

5. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    #125 squarezero, Sep 30, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2010
    What other option is there? Buttons?

In any ever, I prefer touch myself, though tilt is surprisingly accurate.

As to retina display, does it really matter in a game based on big pixels? I'd much rather get 60 FPS than a slight uptick in the graphics.

6. Slothy

Slothy Well-Known Member

Jan 8, 2010
    #126 Slothy, Sep 30, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2010
    For me it does :). I mean as long as it could keep a steady framerate. Despite being a big pixel game I notice it's blurred. The 3D backgrounds are not very sharp as well. It's a big pixel game yes, but at the same time the visuals are very immersive to the whole experience. The sharper the better.

Also if there is an iPad hd version, shouldn't a retina support be possible with a steady frame rate?

7. AEREC

AEREC Active Member

Sep 11, 2010
    I.T.
    Seattle
    I thought you unlock the level packs (decent, etc...).

8. your personal robot

your personal robot Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2008
    nonverbalist
    Berlin
    Yes, there is 1 level unlocked and you unlock the second by finishing the first and the third by finishing the second.

BUT: there are 3 more level packs containing 3 levels each :) as in-app purchase. But that doesn't work on my device. I would gladly buy them all, since I love this game.

BTW, I prefer tilt. Touch is also good, but I played extremely long using tilt without even noticing, that there is another option :) And I really got used to it. Absolutely precise.

9. Delusionaltool

Delusionaltool Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    ohio
    cant yet buy the levels , looks like still not avail im not able to buy either.

10. Joshn

Joshn Well-Known Member

Jul 14, 2009
    England
    Is the online mode working for anyone?

11. Mr. Orange

Mr. Orange Active Member

Sep 22, 2010
    Noped, can't find anyone to play co-op with, and I'm using Wi-Fi on a fairly fast connection so I don't think it's due to lag or anything. Anybody else tried online and worked?

12. Doomboy

Doomboy Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2010
    England
    So hang on, has anyone bought the DLC yet? How come the title changes to BIT.TRIP VOID when you press 'New Levels'? And why are all the stages named after the VOID stages? Is it in fact VOID? :confused:

13. drfaygo

drfaygo Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2010
    hey, who doesn't?

but on a serious note, I thought i was going to hate this games tilt control, and although they could use a little work, have definitely won me over.
    also, the map packs aren't working for me either :(

14. Zetaspawn

Zetaspawn Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2009

Well the controls for the wii version is tilting the wiimote so that's kind of how it's really intended to be played. I can't imagine the touch controls feeling responsive and precise enough b

15. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    Well the level names (remix id, remix ego, remix superego) match those of Void, so I think that's right -- it seems like they're doing the next game as DLC.

@drfaygo: good one...

@Zetaspawn: touch controls on the iPhone are always more precise than tilt. If you can play Cave shooters with touch, you can play Bit Trip.

16. Doomboy

Doomboy Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2010
    England
    Actually after some Internet research it seems that they are still played like VEAR but have the music of VOID... Though these stages were made by NAMCO, not Gaijin so Zi don't know how good they will be...

17. killercow

killercow Well-Known Member

My gamecenter name is killercowdu29 if anyone wants to play online add me
    I love the game btw, i'm stuck at the end of level 2... It' hard :)

18. d1

d1 Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2009
    This game is a pleasure to the senses without a doubt.

19. Delusionaltool

Delusionaltool Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    ohio
    if you check the app store description there is no box for dl the extra levels...so its just not ready yet im assuming...

the game just came out, its challenging to say the least...they are probably waiting the right time to release the new packs.... for people to get the feel for the game before making them available for dl..

20. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    Tapping new levels or whatever it says caused the app to crash on my iPhone 4. I only tried it once.

The touch controls work much better then tilt. I'm not sure if the tilt controls are better on the Wii or not, but here it's very jump, which could just be due to my shakiness. The only problem with the touch controls is that you finger covers up part of the screen. Since you can drag on the right side it's not as big of a problem as it could be, but I don't get why they didn't include a small drag area to the left of the playing area so you could control it from that side and not cover anything up.

Still, it's great. I'm not sure I'll ever beat the 2nd level though. So difficult.