iPad BIT.TRIP BEAT - by Namco

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Sep 29, 2010.

1. Delusionaltool

Delusionaltool Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    ohio
    :) ..... you a$$ lol....

actually it refers to my favorite band TOOL... im not really delusional honest...

2. Cilo

Cilo Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    Los Angeles
    Hahaha, just kidding with you, glad you have a sense of humor.

3. amusing Grace

amusing Grace Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2008
    Music, Muse, Magick
    Berlin, Germany
    Just saw this on http://twitter.com/BitTrip

...no plans for back-porting to older devices. Time marches on!

Well, what a pity.
    At least it´s clear now!

4. Delusionaltool

Sep 24, 2009
    ohio
    yes indeed....i just need to play this game lol, love music based games...ive been a dl whore lately ever since i got the ipod touch 4th gen lol...175 games on this thing, i just dont know what to play!!!!

need more retina games!!!!

im trying to get through angry birds freakin game gets hard!!!

5. Cilo

Cilo Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    Los Angeles
    My favorite music based game is Rhythm Heaven, which needs to be ported, absolutely needs to be ported to iOS!

6. Delusionaltool

Sep 24, 2009
    ohio
    isnt that on the ds? psp had a sweet rhythm game i was addicted too patapon!!!! that would be an awsome game for the ios also!

7. kaboom132

kaboom132 Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2010
    Darn it! I've been looking forward to this game for months!

Eh, whatever, I'll have to beg my brother to let me borrow his iPod 4th gen. :D

8. kaboom132

kaboom132 Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2010
    Oh heck yeah!

9. Doomboy

Doomboy Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2010
    England
    #69 Doomboy, Sep 29, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2010
    Pretty sure that's owned by Nintendo so I doubt it! :p Though I agree, it's an epic game.
    EDIT: Though this may make up for it: http://j.mp/cBObn3

10. iDRevolution

iDRevolution Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2010
    Canada
    says i cant buy wtf

11. dumaz1000

dumaz1000 Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2010
    Granted, but as I've said in the past, Epic Citadel (ei Unreal Engine) games are going to cost you. Fully featured fully developed games of this caliber aren't going to sell for 6.99 or even 9.99. More like 19.99, or 29.99. At that point, why not just get a 3DS instead. By the time, hypothetically speaking, we see any truly high caliber games for the iphone (assuming there are any in development, outside of the one game that Epic themselves are apparantly doing) the 3DS will likely be already out.

If the prices for high-end games are similiar between the two systems, I don't see why anyone who considers themselves a real gamer would choose the iDevice over the 3DS. As of now, iDevice games are significantly cheaper than any potential alternative and, to be honest, that's probably the system's biggest draw.

12. stutz

stutz Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2009
    Yeah you're right upgrading hardware has been part of the gaming culture. But I bought my 2nd gen new last August and IMHO new hardware should last longer than just over a year. On other platforms like PS3 or Wii or virtually any other system - you get at least 3-4 years. Sony and Nintendo release systems every 4 years or so they get big sales when they release it. If they require a new system every year or year and half for the latest games, people will be less likely to bite. For me that's the case. I don't feel compelled to toss out another 250 bucks anytime soon.

13. stutz

stutz Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2009
    absolutely agree.

14. diffusion8r

diffusion8r Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2008
    Termina
    But 3rd gen was out in september...should have waited! ;P

15. sizzlakalonji

sizzlakalonji Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Apr 16, 2009
    Indiana, USA
    I agree with a lot of what you're saying, but I just have a couple of points. First, I'd be happy to spend more on games that have the depth and quality this device is capable of. Second, I'm 39 years old. I grew up with games back before the Atari 2600, but I'm not looking to carry around a portable gaming console. The biggest draw for me personally, is that I have access to these amazing games on my PHONE which I need to carry anyway. I realize that this isn't everyone's experience, but it's the case for me. I was so drawn to this platform precisely because it WASN'T a toy. I have the fun of gaming and the practicality of my phone.

16. Delusionaltool

Sep 24, 2009
    ohio
    nice wall o text there!!! lol....isn't this the bit trip forum...what does this have to do with it....

so is the game awesome who has dl it and TOFT!

17. tattoojoo

tattoojoo Active Member

Oct 12, 2009
    Yeah, my sentiments exactly. I came into this thread to get a better sense of the game from those who have already purchased it outside of the US, and all I'm reading is nerd-rage (you guys really need to get out more).

18. Squirt Reynolds

Squirt Reynolds Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2009
    California
    I too would like to hear actual impressions of this undoubtedly awesome game, as opposed to all the new hardware/old hardware geek-talk. (no offense sizzla etc.)

19. Cilo

Cilo Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    Los Angeles
    I didnt realize it was a first party title, hmm no wonder why it was so good. :(

20. sammysin

sammysin Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2010
    Government Official.
    Swansea, UK
    Not long to wait now. 12 minutes if we want to keep score.