iPad BIT.TRIP BEAT - by Namco

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Sep 29, 2010.

1. coconutbowling

coconutbowling Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    Student
    Pennsylvania
    Does anyone know I'd the other bit.beat games will be ported. From the look of it, bit.beat fate might work well.

2. Andy C83

Andy C83 Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2010
    Over the Rainbow
    Really liking this game, add me on Game Center -- Andy C83

3. Benegesserit

Benegesserit Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2009
    I got to say, a game that's essentially musical pong not running on 3g or even 2g? What's so processor intensive about this 8-bit game?

I'm not complaining about not being able to play it as I have the iPhone4 but out of a lot of games in the app store this one takes the cake for not being compatible with at least the 3G.

4. dyscode

dyscode Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2010
    Living
    World
    Yes, with the Retina update the SQUARES look much MORE SQUARER, it´s awesome I tell ya!

5. eddieg

eddieg Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2009
    Retina!

Retina looks great! :D
    I like the "easy" mode too. I'm not too good and at least I can make it through on that mode.
    It's good for having someone try out the game too. Normal mode just seems so damn hard!
    Oh well...more practice, I guess:)

6. djflippy

djflippy Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2009
    On sale for $0.99. Get this!

7. cherdman

cherdman Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2010
    Retina + Easy mode = Win

8. KoolKing

KoolKing Well-Known Member

May 17, 2010
    Valrico, FL
    Once again on sale for $0.99

9. Googlyhead

Googlyhead Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2008
    Planning to! Problem is; lacking a universal version, do I get the iPad one or the normal one?
    I prefer games on my iPad, but then I can't play it on my iP4 or touch. Yet if I get the non-HD version, am I going to miss anything from the iPad version?

FFS. If it's possible to make universal apps, why not DO IT?!?

10. Grubjelly

Grubjelly Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2009
    #250 Grubjelly, Dec 11, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2011

FYI a fremium, universal version "Bit.Trip Beat Blitz" came out yesterday. It only contains the first half of level 1 (Transition), but now at least you check out the iPad native look and unlock the full game for USD $2 (i.e for the 3 original levels - Void levels add $1 extra).

The gimmick of "Blitz" is a purchasable (or earnable - 1 per 2000 beats) "power-up" that supposedly allows one to experience the Mega level music and FX for some unspecified duration, no matter how poor the gameplay is.

Gimmicky, yes, but I can see Gaijin's pressure to accommodate the masses who bought the original app and were not able to find peace with the control options after much practice (I use tilt exclusively, but most would consider that insane).

The new version supposedly has separate Game Center leaderboards too, although it's not clear whether the levels of this unlocked (paid) app are identical to the originals, or whether use of "powerups" affects score or ranking eligibility.

I only downloaded the free (Blitz) version to check it out and rate it, since the original iphone app is IMO one of the best portable games ever and deserves better app store standing.

(very late edit):

My best recorded attempt at level 3 Growth on normal/expert difficulty with tilt controls (23,424,004). [iPod Touch 4]. My current best score for this level on Apple Game Center is 30M or so, but for now this recorded run should suffice given how much more difficult most people consider tilt-controls to be in the first place. It's worth mentioning too that the iPod Touch 4 screen has poor viewing angle compared to iPhone 4 or iPad, making it a challenge to play at this level while recording at a suitable angle.

11. Ashflow

Ashflow Well-Known Member

Jan 9, 2011
    MI
    #251 Ashflow, Jan 9, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2011
    This game is amazing. Just hope they'll add the other 4 (soon 5) games to the app store. The only problem would be controls for a couple of them.

Back to this game: Have all the achievements. Played through the whole game using tilt and playing all levels and sub-levels consecutively in normal mode while going into nether only two or three times. Felt really good about myself when I did that :). Don't know if I should get the level pack though, are they as fun as the other levels, are they all the same difficulty, do they ramp up in difficulty like the normal levels, are they harder than level 3 (lol, unthinkable), etc. etc.

Also, I love the last boss :).

12. switch-it

switch-it Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2009
    Denmark
    Could you then tell me how to get the "Survive the first juggle beat" achievement? Thats the only one i dont have along with the 10000 beats.

13. Drucifer

Drucifer Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2010
    Canada
    I purchased this as soon as I saw it hit $0.99 and I'm loving it. :D

14. Ashflow

Jan 9, 2011
    MI
    To get the Nimble achievement (survive the first juggle beat), I'm 90% sure you have to return the first orange beat (the ones that you hit, then they arc, and come back down and you hit them again, etc.) successfully. I believe the first juggle beat in the game is in level 1-3. If you still have trouble, then I'll try to explain this more clearly for you :p

Hope it helps!

15. switch-it

switch-it Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2009
    Denmark
    Thank you so much. :) It's actually in 1-4 i think.

16. Ashflow

Jan 9, 2011
    MI
    no prob :), and yeah it's in 1-4, sorry :eek:

17. Grubjelly

Grubjelly Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2009
    Level 1 Transition on iPod Touch 4, tilt controls, 30,518,130 (#2)
    Best combo=~1060, highest multiplier reached=91, normal (expert) mode

The score would qualify this run for #2 (out of almost 22k entries) on Apple Game Center if not for my ~32M score already at that spot, and one score over 50k by someone else at #1. I have no idea which, if any, of the other top leaderboard scores were made using tilt, whether they paused, or which device they used, but so far I've seen no other iOS Bit.Trip Beat gameplay videos using tilt besides mine.

18. smes3817

smes3817 Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2009
    Massachusetts, USA
    Woah, new update out tonight with retina graphics, widescreen support and iOS 7 compatibility. Yessssss...

19. biokid

biokid Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2013
    Wop Wops
    Good news! Hope they are going to update the Ipad version as well.

20. henryfakesmile

henryfakesmile Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2013
    usa
    lol ! I bought it on oct and was so pissed that it wasn't compatible with iOS 7 , the game was just lagggggggg like a slide show

I had to file a complaint to apple and refund for it , think u should thank me :)