Universal BIT QUAKE (by Happy Doze)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by boorch, Sep 22, 2018.

1. Legion180

Legion180 Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2015
    Have been looking forward to buying your game. And this post made my buy it.
    Happy new year! Happy holidays!

boorch likes this.
  2. boorch

boorch Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2011
    happydoze.com
    Hi everyone!
    I've got both good and bad news. Let's start with the bad. BIT QUAKE will not be listed on the App Store anymore, in the following months, since a publisher is interested and hopefully it will be released through another platform in the future. So if you were hesitant of buying, this is the last chance! (Friendly reminder: You keep apps/games you've bought forever and re-download them even though they're not listed in App Store anymore)

The good news is, I was working on another project for a while and I will begin the beta test in the following weeks. It once again a cute and frantic platformer shooter but this time it's online PvP! Keep your eyes on the Pre-Orders, Soft Launches, and Upcoming iOS Games section of the forums!

Many thanks to all who bought and played BIT QUAKE. I'm still developing games thanks to you.

Cheers,
    Burç.

3. sebgo

sebgo Well-Known Member

Well, now I can (I won't) update to some subscription (pay again?) model. Yay!

If you, guys, have the game in version 2.1 (prior to yesterday's "update"), keep it unless you wanna subscribe to Playond.

It seems more games are joining this Playond model.

Worst news today.

Well, at least they kindly warn you about it.

Attached Files:

4. sebgo

sebgo Well-Known Member

It seems restoring purchases from the subscription page works for having access to the game, all the time, without actually subscribing.

Also, when I checked the first time, I was forced to be online but, after restoring purchases, I can play totally offline.

Will check some more. I'd dare say it's safe updating the app, but make a backup of your current version (if possible for you).

5. sebgo

sebgo Well-Known Member

I don't know whether it's related to the Playond update or not, but the game stutters all the time which is very annoying. I'll keep this current version for a while and then go back to 2.1 to double check if something is broken in the last version.

6. boorch

boorch Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2011
    happydoze.com
    #46 boorch, Jun 9, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2019
    Hi there!
    I believe everyone who purchased BIT QUAKE before it got licensed by Playond, will be able to access and download v2.1 on their Purchase/My Purchases tab in App Store. As for the "stutter", nothing is practically changed between 2.1 and 3.0 except the implementation of Playond APIs. Everything's fine at my end (even though I only have an iPhone 6+ in a really poor condition) but I will investigate this further. Thanks for letting me know!

And I just want to clarify that licensing the game to Playond was a very feasible option for me since the sales had already came to a halt and it's super hard to "live" as a solo indie developer unless you develop a super generic hypercasual f2p puzzle game. This opportunity simply gave me the chance/funds to pay my debts and develop another game (which is probably my last since it's impossible to earn a living when you're not part of a network, or you don't have at least $50K for marketing/advertisement). Even hunting for a chance for "press coverage" takes up as much energy & time as developing the game itself (plus, it ends up not getting any coverage anyways). Sorry for the rant but I just want to be clear about this so people won't feel betrayed.

Love,
    Burç.

7. sebgo

sebgo Well-Known Member

I recently uninstalled the latest Playond version and installed the previous, actual 2.1, one. No signs of the stutter issue with it. I have a [jailbroken] iPhone 8, running iOS 11.3.1 and I'll make a video of the game running on both versions and share it next week (I can't upload it at the moment).

8. boorch

boorch Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2011
    happydoze.com
    Thanks, videos would be super helpful!