Universal Bit Heroes (By Kongregate)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, May 10, 2017.

1. RinoaHeartily

RinoaHeartily Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2010
    A bit of tips for new comers on the first tower u encounter... While it may seems easy to bring in your big friends and wipe the floor.. I experience with smaller friends and my loots were much better! Need more testing to be sure.

Also try to catch more pets so you fuse them you will need them in the PvP as I notice most new players using the tier 1 pets.. So basically you will most of the time!

2. Pagan Fox

Pagan Fox Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2012
    I can only guess he/she may be saying it's a very enjoyable game, so why stop/block me playing it longer with energy timers.
    It's a hypothetical question I know and we know why Devs do it. *cough*
    But it's valid point to make (constructively) in any thread and perhaps can be seen as a semi endorsement of the game in question.
    I try to keep an open mind on both sides of the arguement.

3. FiloMJ

FiloMJ Well-Known Member

May 16, 2015
    Male
    Forced Ads?

4. Boardumb

Boardumb Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 14, 2009
    THE BOSS
    Sacramento, CA
    But that's not what happened. They specifically did not play the game, and in fact say they never play a game that has an energy timer in it. So what is the point of commenting? To piss off the people who are playing the game?

That would be like if this was a music blog, and I hate country music, and a new county album came out, so I go into the thread for that album and say "Hey everyone, I hate country music, in fact I'll never listen to or buy a country album. There's always people saying that they love country music and that if you actually listen to it you might like it, but none of that matters because I will never listen to any music that is country in the first place. Ok, bye!"

5. Nonstickron

Nonstickron Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    Graphic Artist / Pre-Press
    Central Florida
    #25 Nonstickron, May 10, 2017
    Last edited: May 10, 2017
    The problem isn't that it has an energy system. It's that it took 7.5 hours to regen today. Which is used up in a few minutes on 3 heroic dungeon runs.

6. Hambo12

Hambo12 Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2012
    on the internet
    feels like i hit a paywall already it's impossible to progress now all the monsters do like a bunch of damage and even though i replay levels to grind i don't feel any stronger and not much item drops

7. akesson

akesson Member

Sep 11, 2012
    #27 akesson, May 10, 2017
    Last edited: May 10, 2017
    I've been playing the game since the soft lunch on iOS (~March). Before that the game was available in the browser on Kongregate, that's why some people are so high level already. I really like the game so far and it's definitely not p2w.

I'm a lvl 99 dps. If you need any help with dungeons reply with your username and I'll add you :)

Here is a helpful guide to get started:
    http://www.bitheroesgame.com/forums/forum/main-forum/1025-borealisgaming-s-beginner-tips-and-tricks

No forced ads.

You will encounter a special ad-chest once in a while in dungeons. You can just skip that if you want. Also when in town sometimes you can watch ads to refill your energy or get a small amount of gems. However you have the option to turn of ads completely.

8. Zeillusion

Zeillusion Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2013
    Awesome game! Really enjoying it.

9. christopherrocs

christopherrocs Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2013
    The first part is incorrect. The power of friends does not affect your loot.. I tried quoting the guy saying that lower power friends make you have better loot btw..

10. akesson

akesson Member

Sep 11, 2012
    That is not a paywall since you can't really pay to progress any further. What you need to do is farm the dungeon in the last zone that you can complete, preferably on heroic since its better item find chance on heroic, to find better gear. And also upgrade your rare gear once or twice.

You gotta love to grind to enjoy this game :)

11. RinoaHeartily

RinoaHeartily Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2010
    Did u bring in powerful friends? I made about 5 runs using powerful friends and none of my loot was better than current and just now I made 1 with lower level friends and I got a better equipment. Not sure if affects looting. I am level 13 and I brought in level 120. But later on level 50

12. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    I'm thinking I'll have to give up on this one I can handle all the free mechanics but loot is rarely ever an upgrade, progressing seems to rely on grinding out earlier levels to get strong enough to beat the next or buy things.

Then the capture mechanic sucks paying so much gold for a low chance or capturing something each time is rubbish.

13. Wrath

Wrath Well-Known Member

May 26, 2011
    Seattle
    I think I'm out, as well. Feels too random to me, or that I'm too unlucky or something. Just doesn't feel consistent, hard to explain. I have several other Kongregate games on my phone, but this one doesn't feel quite the same caliber. Good to hear others are making good progress, though. Probably just me not grasping it. :)

14. nosoup4crr

nosoup4crr Well-Known Member

Apr 29, 2011
    A lot of your success in the early game seems to rely on having solid familiars. I do think that Gear needs to play a larger role. All together, I actually quite like the structure of the game.

But the big issue, in my mind, is that these types of games are severely competitive. The reward structure, by which you're able to compound gains, relies upon competing with others for rankings. But we've stepped into a game that's 4 months old. There's a bunch of players maxed out at end game who you won't be able to unseat for rewards for weeks or months. Walking into this type of game 4 months late is disastrous.

15. taiga97

taiga97 Well-Known Member

Mar 18, 2014
    #35 taiga97, May 11, 2017
    Last edited: May 14, 2017
    This game could be much better. I rarely get better equipment, and the capture mechanic really sucks. These are really my only gripes. If there was an in app to remove energy I'd buy, but that's about it. I wouldn't pay for much else.

16. Themagicjesus

Themagicjesus Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2012
    That is literally the definition of paywall. Grind a ridiculous amount to advance, or pay money for better loot.

17. akesson

akesson Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Well, no. Since you can't pay to advance further it's not a paywall imo. You just have to keep playing.

18. Osterus

Osterus Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2011
    Um yes.

You can pay to further advance.

By treasure chests (gem only mind you!!!) or by getting pay2win equipment. Definition of pay2win.

Level 16 now and got 1 familiar (some strange ogre) with over 40 fails... in a row.... Really lame catch rate system.

Also stupid buddy system where you can invite level 50 friends to play dungeon.

Gem payout is abysmal and let's not get started on the energy system that lets you play once every 12 hours..... zZzZZzzz

Stupid lame game is lame and stupid. :eek:

19. PBSNellie

PBSNellie Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2013
    Southern CA
    I've played (and still play) several Kongregate games on my iPAD. The frustrating thing about them is that the games themselves are very good and usually high quality, but their consistently stingy IAP and energy system brings them down.

20. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Your funny, have you seen the shop and deals? There's a whole load to buy gear and pet wise plus boosts.