Universal bit Dungeon II (by KintoGames)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by killercow, Dec 15, 2014.

1. Nyambe

Nyambe Active Member

Jul 2, 2012
    #101 Nyambe, Dec 31, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2014
    Got to lvl 14 using a berserk 2 hander.. Finished 1st dungeon. Died 2nd boss, forgot about my extra life, back to lvl 1.

Everything reset when dying except the dungeons already completed.. So I'm assuming if you died at a later dungeon you would be forced to lvl up in the overworld a lot. Curious how this works later in the game

Finished a 3rd boss last hit. We both died. lost my extra life, dungeon gone, no treasure either.. :(

Improvement over the first game. Would benefit from a legend/key of what each ability does in the game.

Fun game to play.

2. KintoGames

KintoGames Active Member

Dec 15, 2012
    Update 1.92

Update 1.92

Hey everyone new update is now out on IOS.

-The game now saves when closed (I am sorry about this I am a bad programmer)

-Music no longer fades when enemies are on screen.
    -You now start the game with 13 coins.
    -Fixed the screen glitches when scaled to abnormal sizes.
    -Enemy damage slightly increased.
    -New Game+ enemy HP and damage increased.
    -Normal item drop rate decreased.
    -Potion drop rate decreased.

3. imjhonfre

imjhonfre Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2012
    is there a map though? I'd love one :)

I've been googling maps with no luck (I know one guy posted one here but I can't see the picture as imageshack throws and error)

4. KBPrinceO

KBPrinceO Well-Known Member

Jan 13, 2012
    We all are, Kinto. I've been a software dev for a decade and I still feel this way.

5. KBPrinceO

KBPrinceO Well-Known Member

Jan 13, 2012
    #105 KBPrinceO, Dec 31, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2014
    [​IMG]

Not my work, I cannot take any credit for this map.

6. Cilo

Cilo Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    Los Angeles
    I recall there being a simple map system in bit dungeon, is there really no map here?

7. anabolicMike

anabolicMike Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2013
    Hmmm. One thing I noticed is that there are way more loot drops in the first bit dungeon. Don't get me wrong this game is wild. Now that saves work I love it more then the first. The sets aren't as powerful but that's kinda a good thing. Okay I would really like to know how weapons and stats work. I'm confused. I had a level 2. Green item sword with 10 buff, 16 extra damage, 10 strength. It told me it would do the damage of like 50. Well it could do 500!!!!!

I beat a dungeon and got an offer for a purple two handed sword! It said it could do the damage of 130. Oh cool it's gotta be way stronger then the green! It's even lvl11. Anyway, it take twice as long to kill anything! Barely hits 50 damage! What? I, confused. Just like I'm confused why when I put that sword on it made my Heath jump up tons. I'd did say +20 hp but it jumped way more! Do the add ins (flavour text). Multiply by the attribute it says on the bottom or something???? Can you do a quick explanation of its and how they work? I love the game, I love scrounging for loot! That's the only reason I played Diablo. Loot loot loot. This gam scratches that itch! It's got rares and stuff I'm assuming but I don't know the colour order... Only ever seen one green. Can we have like an explanation? Or a this is how this works? A technical talk as it is. I really want to have fun picking e best weapons but it's kinda hard to pick the right one all the time. Also when dual wielding, how much damage does the second weapon inflict? Also do you get the buff from the second weapon in the same way? Hah...

Thanks Eh? Also please do updates. More dungeons maybe a totally random option where your thrown into a pit from hell and you just fight till your shredded picking up loot as you play along (I will PAY EXTRA for this, I mean it, I really seriously love this game)

8. gamer300

gamer300 Well-Known Member

Feb 11, 2014
    Europe
    I think i almost completed the game, i returned the spirit and this monster came out. It killled me, and it was really powerfull. Apperantly i was supposed to rul away from it but i had no idea. Kinda sad i have to do it all over for something like that but oh well, its a really fun game.

9. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    Any 6 plus support yet?

10. Cilo

Cilo Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    Los Angeles
    #110 Cilo, Jan 3, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2015
    Okay I took the plunge and now I know why you guys love 2 way more than bit dungeon 1! I absolutely love this game - the loot, the new enemy types, the overworld and exploration aspects are awesome. I guess since it's been out a bit can we start dissecting which order to complete the dungeons? So far I have found that Snake Pit, then Black Church is a great starting point as the enemies can be handled at low levels. I couldn't figure out where to go after that. I tried the Frozen dungeon, made it to the boss but either I needed to grind out a few levels or needed more armor because the boss killed me pretty easily. I made it that far at lvl 17.

Also here is a complete map of the overworld I found online. A guy screen capped every section of the overworld and then stitched it together and created a simple key for dungeons, campfires, and merchants!

http://i.imgur.com/rOAHppl.jpg

I would download this as soon as you can, not sure how long it'll stay up on imgur.com.

11. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Love it when Mutilator graces us with his divine presence...

:rolleyes:

12. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
  13. buktush

buktush New Member

Sep 27, 2014
    That how you get when your 40 and live in moms basement....

14. Cilo

Cilo Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    Los Angeles
    There's no ending. I did the opposite of you thinking there might be a resolution if I just ran out of the back door, and there isn't. The entire game resets and I guess it's game+ after that. Either way nice little adventure, glad I completed it.

Quick way to progress is either with axe/shield or dagger/shield. I tried all of the other weapon combos and you are either short on block/armor or there's too much lag swinging the heavier weapons. Stack strength and dex and you can mow down mobs fairly easy. Also there's a progression to the dungeons as some are meant for higher levels, so it is somewhat linear. I ended the game at level 42.

15. anabolicMike

anabolicMike Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2013
    OMG I am like shattered. I got through the game once but didn't have the soul so I got through it again. Level 85. Awesome gear. Cool red weapon with awesome super smite power. Gave that broad the soul. Huge fight. I was half a milameter a way from beating that thing. And it one shot me from full health. 950hps! GAME OVER. I screamed so loud william shatner himself got jealous. My stuff! Now I gotta do it again? Yay!!!!!! Haha. This game kills the first one. I really thought the overworked was random at first. Like by sections so you didn't know where it connects. Obviously I was mistaken hehheh.

Anyway, can we get a list of stats and what weapons do? Like what's the order of rarity? /0:D. Come on mr. Dev you were here! Where'd you go? Ima start saving my coins instead of spending em on the 32coin merchant. I wanna see a black item

16. Cilo

Cilo Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    Los Angeles
    #116 Cilo, Jan 5, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2015
    I beat the game again on a second play through and this time decided to face that last demon to see what would happen. I ended up killing it and it drops two pieces of teal loot which I'm assuming is the highest quality grade in the game. There's really no strategy to beating that demon, all I did was run away from it until it would pause in place, then I circled around and hit it from behind. It was a very slow fight, but once you pull that boss it really doesn't aggro towards you, it'll just circle the room then stand still. I had enough defense to take one hit at the beginning to get the fight started, and it swiped me down to half hp, so I wouldn't try to bull rush him. Now I kind of wish I would've killed it on my first clear because I would be decked out. It takes about 30-40 levels per run.

I purchased one black chest item and it was pretty much a waste. The chest loot is way too random so you're not guaranteed something useful. It's easier to spend 120 coins on 4 gold chests for a higher chance of a piece I'll need than 300 for a lower chance. It felt like the loot table for teal gear is more in line with your current build as both of my drops were immediate upgrades. Every few levels or so go back and revisit the rune merchant to upgrade your rune for bonus stats.

From what I've seen, I'm guessing item quality goes: grey, blue, orange, purple, red, green, teal. Orange seem to be the most helpful as they drop often and have 3 stats.

IMG_6389.PNG IMG_6386.PNG IMG_6385.PNG

17. Echoen

Echoen Well-Known Member

May 16, 2012
    USA
    #117 Echoen, Jan 5, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2015
    Haven't touched the game in a while but this is what I've figured out:

Every 5 points in a stat adds 1% chance to do the following:
    Strength - Cleave
    Dexterity - Critical Hit
    Intelligence - Proc
    Spirit - Smite

Constitution - adds to Health and Stamina

The following are in the 2nd column of stats and are chances to do as follows:
    Crit - Deal x3 damage
    Super Crit - Deal x5 damage
    Deathstrike - Deal 10x damage
    Chop - Bit Dungeon 1: Reduce foe's health on hit (1/4 of max HP)
    Cleave - Deal 2x Damage
    SuperCleave - Deal 4x Damage
    Proc - Cast magic on hit (I've got negative int on my current char and don't feel like building int to test it)
    Super Proc - Cast magic on hit
    Smite - Smite an enemy for x2 Damage. Deals x3.5 Damage ??above an HP threshold??
    Buff - When activated on receiving damage, halves all incoming damage
    Berserk - ??Increase damage on getting hit??
    Regen - Negate incoming damage and recover ?% health
    Life Steal - Restore health on hit
    Parry - ??Halves damage of one attack??
    Stun - ??Deal ~x1 damage?? and prevents enemy action for a short duration
    Block - Block an incoming attack
    Dodge - Dodge an attack
    Phase - Dodge an attack, teleport, and vanish for a very brief period, avoiding all damage
    Run Speed - Gain a speed buff after being out of combat for a few seconds

Dagger (dex) lets you stealth and on attacking, you deal a Surprise! attack for x4 damage.
    Hammer and Axe (str) has a Smash! attack that deals x6, x8, and x20 Damage at random.
    Shield gives you a passive block chance and when held down, knocks back and damage all enemies in a small radius for x1 Damage
    Ice Book deals next to no damage but can summon orbiting ice balls that freeze enemies it touches. Balls get consumed on hit and do not carry across screens. Can be reused after every kill or change of screens.

18. Hambo12

Hambo12 Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2012
    on the internet
    image.jpg

screenshot your charater! let see how everybody character looks here is mine ;)

19. batmessiah

batmessiah Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2009
    R&D Lab Technician
    My save game must have corrupted or something, cause I came back into the game and I was at the last spot I played, but all of my gear was gone, and I was back to level 1 instead of the level 45 I was. Super bummed. Feels like I wasted a lot of time...

20. Cilo

Cilo Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    Los Angeles
    Pretty sure the latest update fixes that save bug.