Universal bit Dungeon II (by KintoGames)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by killercow, Dec 15, 2014.

1. CygnetSeven

CygnetSeven Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2010
    You answered it wonderfully. And thank you for pointing me to Echoen's quite thorough review as well. Will buy tonight.

2. vectorarchitekt

vectorarchitekt Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2013
    #82 vectorarchitekt, Dec 18, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2014
    It really pisses me off when those brown bastards in the Grief Dungeon start beating you to death and you can't even get away

3. Echoen

Echoen Well-Known Member

May 16, 2012
    USA
    #83 Echoen, Dec 18, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2014
    I know what you mean man. I hope the dev addresses that. It's fricking cheap to die from that at full health.

Added this screenshot to my review
    [​IMG]

You'll find a couple of rooms per run with orbs that add 5 points to the main stat you pick. I stacked Con to buff my health and stamina. Need all you can get in a game with perma death. :D Not sure why Int is negative.

All the effects on the right column are purely from gear. Wish you guys could see all the red numbers flying. Actually, I'm trying to finish my current run so I can record a full run at level 100+.

4. Echoen

Echoen Well-Known Member

May 16, 2012
    USA
    Bit Dungeon 2
    Final Dungeon and Bosses at level 125+

If you watch it in HD, it runs at 60 frames per second. :) Note that this is PC gameplay with a controller but I assure you, it plays the same on iOS as though you're using a mouse.

My setup looks like trash because prior to recording this, I accidentally swapped out my crazy cyan axe with death strike so my Damage got cut in half. The rune I used is still Str.

5. anabolicMike

anabolicMike Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2013
    What I hate is how randomly I'll load up the game and all my black coins are gone. That's getting annoying

6. Ringerill

Ringerill Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2012
    For that part, the Developer has already submitted the update to Apple. Not only this update will correct the Save problem but also improve the gameplay and difficulty. Unfortunately, they seem to be a little slow in the Apple team...

7. Mark DeNardo

Mark DeNardo Well-Known Member

May 4, 2011
    Sound Wizard
    Brooklyn, NY
    Multiplayer is awesome.

8. anabolicMike

anabolicMike Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2013
    Yes, I went over the posts and saw that he addressed it. Thanks Kinto for fixing it, I have actually been playing the first one since the second is really kinda useless at the moment because I don't get time to play more then ten minutes at a time :). Phones games are best when they save exactly where you left off, simply cause on the go so much lol

Thanks again for the response, good bye my big pile of black coins (wahhhh)

9. Kedens

Kedens Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2013
    Graphic Design/Illustration
    Rochester, NY
    I love this game but it's unplayable as it is now since my game will not save. Any update on the approval of the update from the developer ?

10. baldeagle86

baldeagle86 Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2013
    How come I can't attack enemies? I tap them but nothing happens

11. ojtitus

ojtitus Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2010
    Male
    Canton, Ohio
    Did you first talk to the frozen princess and get a life and some money, then go in the hut and buy one of the four weapons, then go fight some stuff?

12. baldeagle86

baldeagle86 Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2013
    My problem was I was always choosing the bow and figured out how to shoot it finally :) and assuming tapping near enemies would auto attack them

13. bluechipps

bluechipps Member

May 8, 2012
    Wonder if that update will ever show up for iOS, it's been a couple weeks.

14. jsrco

jsrco Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Oct 15, 2009
    Coordinator
    Seattle

I am right there with you, I haven't been able to play a full game yet because of the bugs and lack of save.

But it is the holiday season and I am pretty sure the AppStore approval people have holidays. So I would say..... Soon.

15. Kedens

Kedens Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2013
    Graphic Design/Illustration
    Rochester, NY
    I believe we haven't seen the update due to the approvals freeze... This unfortunately stale update climate should clear up after New Years. I'm in love with the gameplay but the current problems plaguing the experience have halted my playing as well.

16. smegly

smegly Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2012
    NY, NY
    So I guess the general impression is that saving will be added in the future? As it is the game is a bit long for you to be forced to get through it in one sitting.

What's the deal with level 10? When you level up to 10, there is acknowledgement of it but you reset back to 9 when you switch screens. Is this because 9 is supposed to be the max level? Personally, I think a max of 9 or 10 is way too low for the game considering how early in a run either is likely to be attained and how haphazard equipment availability is later so as to continue to make your character adapt to increasing challenges. I.E. max level should be likely by the end of the game, not after the first dungeon.

17. imjhonfre

imjhonfre Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2012
    how likely is it this game is getting a map?

18. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Updates live! Woot!

19. Retro Nug

Retro Nug Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    The Netherworld
    Awesome! lol I looked at the games icon on my homescreen and thought "wth wheres its damn update??" amd an hour later here it is! :)

20. ojtitus

ojtitus Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2010
    Male
    Canton, Ohio
    Time to finally enjoy this beaut!:D