Universal bit Dungeon II (by KintoGames)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by killercow, Dec 15, 2014.

1. RichRuzz

RichRuzz Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2012
    Must be an IOS glitch just on NG+ for PC and game is saving fine.

2. ItouchBrett

ItouchBrett Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2008
    I'll be honest. I don't get how when I attacked I can't move away from the enemy hitting me. If they have fast attack speed it won't a lot me to run away. They just bash me to death.

3. Pipipitchu

Pipipitchu Well-Known Member

May 4, 2013
    Civil Servant
    Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
    Sounds like a lot of bugs to me.

4. ojtitus

ojtitus Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2010
    Male
    Canton, Ohio
    The only problem I have experienced so far is the game not saving, hopefully it can be fixed easily enough to get done before the holiday shut down.

5. Echoen

Echoen Well-Known Member

May 16, 2012
    USA
    Liked the first. Waited for what felt like forever for the iOS release of this.

6. trystero

trystero Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Couple questions for those that have purchased:

Can someone screencap and attach from an iPhone 6? Curious about black bars.

Is the save issue occurring on the 6 and does it punt you back to the start of the stage each time? Or the start of the game ( all progress lost ) or is it totally unpredictable?

Loved the 1st game.

7. vectorarchitekt

vectorarchitekt Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2013
    I LOVE that this is a portrait game. Fits my 5c screen perfectly. The footprints tracking through a dead monster's guts is a nice touch. I haven't tried closing the app while In the middle of a game. I've just been leaving it open in the background.

8. Hambo12

Hambo12 Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2012
    on the internet
    Too lazy to post a pic but there are thin black bars on the top and bottom even though it's says full screen in the option menu. if you read my last post which nobody ever does you'll see that it saves at a blue camp fire. it works for me Idk about orhees

9. CygnetSeven

CygnetSeven Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2010
    Still have the original on my phone in my Near Zelda folder.

10. Kedens

Kedens Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2013
    Graphic Design/Illustration
    Rochester, NY
    The thin black bars are not the typical black bars as there are graphical game assets the half occupy the black "bars". Idk why the dev did it this way but regardless I love the game on my iPhone 6... Now if only my game would save

11. vectorarchitekt

Dec 29, 2013
    What else is in that folder?

12. JetJaguar

JetJaguar Member

Apr 26, 2014
    So is this game broken or not? Fun or crap?

13. Kangtakang

Kangtakang Member

Jan 21, 2014
    it says "a giant overworld"
    it is trully that giant ? :confused:

14. Joeavery

Joeavery Active Member

Sep 27, 2009
    Midwest
    Game's pretty great so far, but the no saving is killing it for me right now.

On a 6+ here.

I'm sure they'll fix it, and once they do I could see myself playing quite a bit of this. A bunch of different weapons and items, exploration, different dungeons and bosses... So far so good.

15. CygnetSeven

CygnetSeven Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2010
    Just don't flame me if you disagree. :D;)

Zenonia 1-4
    Mazes and Monsters
    Bit Dungeon
    Vay
    Anodyne
    My Little Hero
    Almightree
    Lost Winds 1&2
    Across Age DX
    Queen's Crown
    Swordigo (probably the least similar but I love it)
    Then I have all the Zelda titles in GBA4IOS

16. Echoen

Echoen Well-Known Member

May 16, 2012
    USA
    #56 Echoen, Dec 16, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2014
    iTunes description says controller support. Does it work or did they just copy-paste the Steam description? I can't get my DS4 to work with it. As for the touch controls, just like with the first, it's a bit hard to play on a phone given that it's tap-to-move. Tap and hold to block, shoot your bow, or charge your weapon. You'll automatically attack the nearest thing in the direction you're currently facing. The control method is particularly tricky with bows on a small screen but shouldn't be as bad on an iPad mini and larger.

I tried the online feature. It seems to lock you in (???) with one random person who's in the same screen as you and you can fight with or kill them (???) but it's still pretty glitchy. It could be multiple people; it's hard to tell with their 'ghosts' frequently blinking on and off. Not too sure on what the dev intended to do with this but I'll get the Steam version too to compare.

Saving, works for me even without campfire. I force quit the game and it kept my progress on the last screen I was at.

Edit: I bought and played the Steam version. By default, it plays in a 4:3 window. When you enable fullscreen under options, despite being on a PC with 16:9, you'll get the black bars too while the playable field stays at 4:3. Lazy port? I can't figure out how to get back to the main menu on the iOS version without restarting the game. If you press Esc on PC, it brings up control tips and the option to go back to the main menu.

PC controller works fine with more functionality than the tap controls on iOS.

17. luckystrikeguy

luckystrikeguy Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2013
    It's hard to put down despite being buggy confusing at times. For some reason when I hit level 10 it either stays or goes back down ???? No idea what the stats do and no saving Annnddd you can't go back to the menu once you start. Hopefully the multiplayer or whatever it is right now comes through cuz that could be fun. That being said I dig the gear and combat. Giant bosses are rad as well. It's def bringing me back to the Zelda days. Hopefully the dev stays active and gets this diamond out of the rough

18. Xerdoz

Xerdoz Member

Jan 28, 2014
    #58 Xerdoz, Dec 16, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2014
    I played this a bit today on nu iphone 5, on that there is black borders all around the screen both "standing" and "lying". Game doesn't save when force closing the game wich is kind of bad. As ppl have said before I can't seem to find a way to get to the menu from inside the game. But the stuf that I get quite annoyed about is that there is no map or info on anything wich I feel is quite a disapointment. The gameplay is fun and the secret rooms are quite a fun feature to look for also the gear is really nice.
    + fun gameplay on iphone with melee weapons(ranged and spells are a bit weird to use)
    + interesting loot system
    + fun dungeons and monsters
    - no explanation on anything: what procs do, what stats do, what some items are, how levels influenses monsters/zones, where you are supposed to be.
    - save seems to work when closing the app after a fire but not without one.
    - a map, I really don't remember a similar game without a map... Have you visited a room then it should be mapped.
    - no bag, if you find a really nice shield and you use a 2h weapon you can't seem to save that for when you find a good 1h to use with it.

I really like the game even tho its really hard to play on the phone but I do hope that alot of flaws(atleast in my eyes) will be fixed otherwise I don't think I will keep playing it.

19. petcar

petcar Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2012
    Norway
    No iphone5 support is pretty much inexcusable, it's been what, two years now? Hoping that it's just a bug, that and the saving issue. Seems like something that can be patched quickly though, really want it because the first one was really good, but as is Imma wait for an update.

20. vectorarchitekt

Dec 29, 2013
    Nice. I love Anodyne, but I got stuck and need to go back to it. I had no idea what to do next