Universal bit Dungeon II (by KintoGames)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by killercow, Dec 15, 2014.

1. BillyOceansBlues

BillyOceansBlues Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2013
    Agree with this. The transition to the phone rendered the game basically unplayable for me. I am a little concerned by the screen shots, since they seem to only offer a patrial view of some of the bigger rooms.

2. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Movement definitely feels smoother this time around, though still probably not as good as on iPad. Performance is improved as well.

The game plays in portrait mode beautifully, and can easily be played with one thumb while holding your phone

3. JCho133

Jul 27, 2012
    Not sure what the confusion about saving is, it's saving for me just fine at every room

4. The Son of Anarchy

The Son of Anarchy Well-Known Member

May 14, 2012
    #24 The Son of Anarchy, Dec 15, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2014
    Same here unfortunately. I know it's a rogue, but having to start and completely finish your run before exiting out of the game is simply not possible sometimes with (life) time constraints. Hopefully we're missing something cause it's no fun starting a game when you've only got 5-10 mins knowing you're just wasting your time.

Edit: I see JCHO's comment above, guess I'll have to do a bit more testing.

5. Antimatter

Antimatter Member

Sep 19, 2012
    Did you close the app? Not just switch it to the background. If i close the app all progress (lvl. at 1 and all gear) is gone when restarting. Starting at the campfire like in the beginning.

6. JCho133

Jul 27, 2012
    Yup, closed the app. No issues for me

7. RichRuzz

RichRuzz Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2012
    Also for anyone who doesn't know this is out on Steam as well as IOS. Going to see if I like my iPad gameplay or PC gameplay more, or even try on my 6 plus and see how it feels on there. (last one I had the best results with my iPad but it wasn't on PC like this is)

Anyways really enjoying it so far, not sure if I'm just dumb but sorta wish I knew what the stats in general did and that's about it on my gripes. (since the gear you have equipped I believe gives different stats on level-up)

8. raravan

raravan Well-Known Member

May 18, 2014
    i just can't believe it! OMFG the first one was brilliant! this one of course be MORE BRILLIANT!!! AAAH! i can't say how mich i'm happy! this is the best! LOVE YOU ALL GUYS!

9. fluiddot

fluiddot Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2013
    GameDev / Lord Cat Games / Gamer
    Madrid, Spain
    Game Impressions

Got it!

In a few words, a fast paced classic Zelda game with procedural dungeon generation, permadeath and soul coin system like Demon/Dark souls.

Awesome game!

10. blue rocket

blue rocket Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2013
    Am I a moron!? How do you even play? Tap to move? How do you pick up items, doesn't really explain anything!

11. BillyOceansBlues

BillyOceansBlues Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2013
    #31 BillyOceansBlues, Dec 15, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2014
    So.. no way to mute the sound completely? No way to access the main menu once a game has started? Pehaps I am missing something? I think that it would be reasonable to expect these basic funtions in any app. I bought it but I'm going to delete it, leave it on my watch list and wait until it's updated. Obviously still needs a lot of work.

12. blue rocket

blue rocket Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2013
    Yah seems like a beta, why the screen isn't filled is beyond me, ugh.

13. Hambo12

Hambo12 Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2012
    on the internet
    image.jpg

Idk if it's the iPhone only but iPad air 2 there are no black bars. The game is pretty fun, the touch controls could be better it's hard moving your characters and it saves if you find a campfire. It's really fun finding weapons the weapon I have is called king hammer of God level 10 and I got it from killing a Radom purple wolf :) you guys should buy it. Better then the first one in every way

14. JCho133

Jul 27, 2012
    Would be cool to have a map that updates as we explore, Metroidvania style

15. ItouchBrett

ItouchBrett Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2008
    The black bars on my iPhone 6 plus... Ugh.

16. Hambo12

Hambo12 Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2012
    on the internet
    With 3$ now or nah?

17. Cg2005

Cg2005 Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2011
    DC
    The game fills the screen on my iPhone 6+. There are technically thin "black bars" on either side, but the health globe/magic meter and all other graphics fill the screen.

Attached Files:

18. Mark DeNardo

Mark DeNardo Well-Known Member

May 4, 2011
    Sound Wizard
    Brooklyn, NY
    iOS 8.1.2 shows the cell/time/battery status bar as well

19. Cg2005

Cg2005 Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2011
    DC
    I noticed this also, but if you choose "full screen" from the options, it goes away.

20. Antimatter

Antimatter Member

Sep 19, 2012
    I played this for some hours now and can not figure out when the game saves. I played up to level 15 and cleared 3 dungeons. But it does not save progress. After restarting it was loading a very old progress from level 3. Tested this also on the iPad mini. There I got the same issue. Both with iOS 8.1.2 installed. I've also restarted the devices after installing.

Maybe you can try it too. Level up to level 2 or 3 in the starting area, then close the game and start again. Progress should be lost. I Hope this will be fixed soon.