Universal bit Dungeon (by KintoGames)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by strivemind, Dec 14, 2012.

1. KintoGames

KintoGames Active Member

Dec 15, 2012

I was thinking, if no potions from ghosts and fiends mode for a hardcore mode?

2. cretpetpet

cretpetpet Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2011
    Ostia
    That would be more like survival than hardcore.
    If that, should be potion rarely from mob thats fight us?

3. Aye-Beast

Aye-Beast Member

Dec 21, 2012
    For hardcore mode I was thinking less frequent "stat-ups" with slightly less black coin drops and I know that enemies scale to your level but for hardcore you could increase how much they scale by so the level after the demiruge doesn't feel like a cake walk.
    Maybe increase enemy attack rate and movement speed also? Cause I can pretty much get through any room without taking damage by means of hit & run. And as far as the ghosts and fiends if you could make it so they only spawn the 1st time you go back into a room and leave the potion drop rate the same that would be cool and if thats alot of work then just taking out the ghosts/fiends is fine.

And thanks for replying! I know alot of people hate iap but if you add something small or add a 99cent tip button like punchquest has I know myself and others would give support.

4. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Updates out

Hope widescreen support is coming soon.... =o/

5. jsrco

jsrco Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Oct 15, 2009
    Coordinator
    Seattle
    Ughhh buy coins for IAP...

6. g0omba

g0omba Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Nope :;

7. demod1

demod1 Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2012
    Wow!!! I had previously only played this on the iPad, in which I thought it was incredible. But now playing it on my iPhone, I am also still having an amazing time. It plays very well and still looks gorgeous on the much smaller screen.

8. Cheeseball

Cheeseball Active Member

Feb 24, 2013
    Product Trainer
    United States
    Doesn't matter. You don't need to purchase IAP unless you want to buy more items or get an extra soul/life.

9. jsrco

jsrco Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Oct 15, 2009
    Coordinator
    Seattle
    #289 jsrco, Feb 27, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2013
    Its been easy to get coins to drop, but to me, yes it does. Some people do not wish to have extra IA currency purchases. I am one of them - the fact that its there, even if it isn't needed, ruins the experience for me.

10. DaviddesJ

DaviddesJ Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

May 19, 2010
    Burlingame CA
    How hard can it be to just ignore something you don't want to use? Think of it like this: if the person who spends months making a game rakes in $2000 instead of just $1000, and it doesn't cost you anything, you could feel good for him. If you go to a cafe, and there's a tip jar, and you don't put anything it but other people do, does that ruin your latte experience?

11. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    Some people will never understand that freemium/paidmium style systems just can't be ignored by many gamers. I understand the economics of the situation and realize the sad reality of the direction of the AppStore, but its just like ads for me, even if not shown during gameplay, it cheapens the game, and I find it personally offensive, particularly when added to a game I have already paid for.

12. jsrco

jsrco Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Oct 15, 2009
    Coordinator
    Seattle
    Beverages are not games, not to mention that by thst logic the dev could put a tip IAP in instead. But ignoring it doesn't work for me. I really wish that versions without these types of IAP could be posted and paid for costing a little extra.

I am not knocking the game itself, because I have had a blast playing it. But once this happens (currency IAP) it just cheapens the feel of the game for me.

13. Kaffeperkulator

Feb 27, 2013
    #293 Kaffeperkulator, Feb 27, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2013
    Finally got full spirit armor set, but for both red and soul it seems like the boots have no armor, which causes me to change boots and get no armor bonus...

Anyway,
    Soul armor set bonus is
    100crit + 32 cleave

Edit: Noticed it been posted a few pages ago, my bad...

14. DaviddesJ

Patreon Bronze

May 19, 2010
    Burlingame CA
    That's completely different from what we're talking about. Obviously if the game rewards you for paying and punishes you for not paying, that's something different. But if the game just offers you an optional purchase that you don't even want, what's the problem? I guess you're right, some of us will never understand, because it seems like you're making a big deal out of complaining about something that benefits other people and doesn't do you any harm. It's like going to the store and seeing a sale on something you don't want and storming out in a huff because it's being offered to others.

15. jsrco

jsrco Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Oct 15, 2009
    Coordinator
    Seattle
    I still disagree with you about it not mattering. Whether some people can choose to ignore it is one thing. But when you offer currency IAP - it allows others to progress through the game at a faster and in many cases easier process than it normally would have. To others people that cheapens the feel of the game.

16. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    I'm not going to get into an argument with David because there's no point in trying to have reasonable discourse with a brick wall. His point about seeing a sale blah blah blah is ridiculous. It's pretty simple, freemium/paidmium can be terribly exploitative but even when it's not, which appears to be the case here, it cheapens the experience of playing much like in-game ads. People avoid apps with ads as well and it's a similar thing here for me. I simply find freemium/paidmium style IAPs distasteful and offensive in nearly every case.

17. DaviddesJ

Patreon Bronze

May 19, 2010
    Burlingame CA
    How can it matter to you what someone else does? Suppose that there's a magic cheat code that makes the game easier, and some people use it but you don't. Or that there are three-armed Betelgeusians who somehow get their hands on the game but they can get higher scores than you because they can tap more places at once. Does that make you enjoy the game any less? Why would it? They might make the game easier for themselves. Maybe they like easier games and you like harder ones. It seems great that everyone can suit their own tastes.

What other people do or don't do is between them and their game, it doesn't affect me in any way. It's hard for me to understand how whatever someone else does or what options are offered to them could make you enjoy the game less.

18. jsrco

jsrco Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Oct 15, 2009
    Coordinator
    Seattle
    Its a matter of accomplishment, which does affect others. Using your logic, since we are comparing video game experiences with lattes - getting a traditional black belt in a martial or a college degree would be alright if you could pay for some of the experience to just be given to you and not earned.

The simple fact is that you can choose to buy coins to make the game a bit easier. They may not be needed, but it does allow someone to potentially achieve the same thing as you becuase they spent money. By spending that money they negated all of the hard work that went into to the same thing you did.

To me that is saying your money is worth more than my time. Now if we get into the logic and philosophy of this entire situation - there is no right or wrong to it. It is opinion based, because your time and taste are a value that is set by you only. This is an amazing title, and I want to tell anyone that reads this: Coins drop like candy at Halloween. So the purchases are not needed. But they are still there. So I am not promoting it to my friends and it isn't on my devices anymore.

19. DaviddesJ

Patreon Bronze

May 19, 2010
    Burlingame CA
    Yeah. Suppose you train in martial arts and earn a black belt. Someone else goes to a store and buys the same black belt, even though they have no martial arts skills. Who cares? It's just a piece of cloth. It doesn't affect your accomplishment or efforts or enjoyment of what you did, at all. Were you really doing it because you wanted the physical belt, rather than because you wanted the challenge and accomplishment of actually developing the skills?

No. They are achieving something different because they chose to play by different rules. Your accomplishment and their accomplishment are different.

20. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    Excellent point. You are correct that this sort of IAP also makes leader boards pointless.