Universal bit Dungeon (by KintoGames)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by strivemind, Dec 14, 2012.

1. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    HERESY!

Zelda will always be better, but that doesnt mean Bit Dungeon is bad, as it is in fact one of my favorite modern dungeon crawlers.

2. Hebug

Hebug Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2010
    Maybe I'm missing something obvious but is there any way to turn off the sound?

3. ramon31

ramon31 Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2011
    Hortacultrist
    Australia
    This is a nice surprise, this game slipped passed me somehow. It's a great little game, would of bought it if I knew more about it when it was released.
    Great Job

4. grits

grits Well-Known Member

May 28, 2012
    If you tap a doorway to quickly u will immediately go back into the room you were just in. I never found this to be a problem before the update.

5. mil

mil New Member

Feb 7, 2013
    Steering?

Love the graphics and the Zelda like-feeling but i don't really like the steering. It takes the edge of this game because steering is so important in such a game. Im also not a fan of virtual joystick but i think games like Graveyard pulled it of kind of nice with a steeringpad. My two cents!

6. iPadisGreat

iPadisGreat Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    Very nice music. Bit Dungeon really gave off the playing an NES game feel with its music, graphics and gameplay. Very happy.

Can developer add autorotate?

7. dougthead

dougthead Active Member

Mar 3, 2010
    #247 dougthead, Feb 7, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2013
    Fun game, instructions would be nice.

8. peon2000

peon2000 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    For anyone interested, here's the set bonus for the ghost armor.

Attached Files:

9. DaviddesJ

DaviddesJ Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

May 19, 2010
    Burlingame CA
    Anyone know how to compute damage from attacks? I'm surprised that when I add +5 attack to my hero at level up, the damage figure displayed when I hit an enemy, doesn't increase. When I add +5 critical, the displayed damage does increase, typically by 13.

10. Kairro

Kairro New Member

Feb 8, 2013
    #250 Kairro, Feb 8, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2013
    First chest

Figured out my problem.

11. KintoGames

KintoGames Active Member

Dec 15, 2012
    whats was your problem?

12. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    I like the control in this game and don't want a virtual d-pad, but I'm not opposed to adding it as an option, of course. Make everybody happy.

13. Laethaka

Laethaka Member

Jan 27, 2013
    what Lv should i be before I go for Soul? I tried at 4 and he destroyed me. 16 now.

14. cretpetpet

cretpetpet Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2011
    Ostia
    I dont understand the game. I die.....
    How to heal? Effectively..

15. Aventador

Aventador Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2013
    Student
    Croatia
    I would recommend Level 30 or up ; I beat him at Lv 38 and was left with half health bar at the end of fight with blue armor set.

16. Aventador

Jan 16, 2013
    Student
    Croatia
    Return to previous room you already cleared of enemies, there should be couple of scavenger enemies and ghosts that die from 1 hit and drop potions.Also I prefer to use chaos magic as I can circle around slow enemies and orbs that orbit me hit them at range, not risking my health.Hit and run tactic also works on slower enemies.

17. cretpetpet

Jul 9, 2011
    Ostia
    Thanks. So when u die, everything 's gone?

18. Aventador

Jan 16, 2013
    Student
    Croatia
    If you got soul, aka white hearth on left bottom of your screen, that represents one additional life; if you die while having it, you will go to start screen , but will be given option to continue with your last used equipment, status and stage level.If you don't have it and die, then unfortunately you have to start the game from beginning.
    Also, don't press hearth icon until you're level 30 or up, because it can be used as a transporter to soul world that has a tough boss at the end.Once you use it it and get to soul world it disappears, and if you're not prepared, well....

19. cretpetpet

Jul 9, 2011
    Ostia
    Thanks alot. Good to grab it for free:)

20. jsrco

jsrco Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Oct 15, 2009
    Coordinator
    Seattle

Ughh 30?

You can beat him after you get the heart on 4. Its a tough long fight though. I would recommend going at level 7 if you want a challenge. That way you have a chance at getting the teal items, and pick up another heart on 8.

If you use the heart make sure you do it before the Demiruge lvls so you can pick up another heart.