Universal bit Dungeon (by KintoGames)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by strivemind, Dec 14, 2012.

1. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    Just picked this up. Gameplay is real time and there seems to be about 9 rooms per floor that always have monsters (the last one being a boss). If you re-enter a room, enemies respawn but are usually different from what was there the first time.

It's touch control (would have preferred a d pad) and attacking is automatic. There should have at least been a little help screen or something because you find out as you go along. For instance, if it wasn't for this thread. I wouldn't have known that if you hold down in an area you cast a spell (doesn't always seem to work though). And it wasn't intuitive to drag chests to slots to get new equipment. One annoyance is that you have to hold down to see if the new equipment is any better, but your finger gets in the way. It's rogue like in that if you die it's permadeath.

All that probably sounds negative, but it's pretty fun and glad I picked it up.

2. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    It's real time combat, you tap where you want to walk to and he walks there and attacks. Or hold down to charge your magic attack.

I'm pretty sure the maps while all being a 3x3 grid then boss fight are all random rooms though. (Might be wrong)

This is well worth picking up for 69p, if you like rogue style or dungeon crawler games this is great.

3. Greyskull

Greyskull Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Photographer/Social Sciences adjunct/sweet sweet l
    Fort Lauderdale
    I have another, similar "looking" game on my wishlist, Zaga33. Are these similar?

Sorry for acting like a doofus and not just reading the threads, but the power supply on my PC died while I was playin the demo of the newish X-Com game. Well, it kinda exploded.

...it's a lot more difficult, even on the mini, to read through the threads. If only I could view the forums in full screen instead of just those slide-out panels.

4. peon2000

peon2000 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    @kintogames

I have noticed the bug in the area that has snakes and ghosts.
    The enemy that was still alive while I was stuck was a snake.

5. DaviddesJ

DaviddesJ Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

May 19, 2010
    Burlingame CA
    Zaga33 is turn-based. Not very similar.

6. DaviddesJ

Patreon Bronze

May 19, 2010
    Burlingame CA
    Is there an advantage to one type of magic vs. another?

7. KintoGames

KintoGames Active Member

Dec 15, 2012
    Bit Dungeon will be on sale for free on 02/07/2012

For anyone who hasn't gotten a copy yet.

8. lilneo

lilneo Well-Known Member

Feb 28, 2012
    Work in State Government
    México
    This app support iphone 5 widescreen?

9. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    #229 undeadcow, Feb 5, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2013
    Thank you for the free sale; I already have bit Dungeon and thought you undersold yourself at $0.99. Hopefully this is a sign New Worlds is coming soon.
    No, it might in a future update.

10. DaviddesJ

Patreon Bronze

May 19, 2010
    Burlingame CA
    I played to level 25 but I'm afraid it just seems tedious after a while. I'm doing the same thing on every level and it doesn't seem there is any chance I could die. I don't even really use any tactics, just run back and forth whacking enemies. When I get to the bosses I just go head-to-head and tap-tap-tap on them until they die. Maybe it gets hard in another 100 levels but I am not going to last that long.

11. peon2000

Oct 19, 2011
    @Kinto

Killed a ghost and had the bug happen again with a snake still alive.
    Thankfully I haven't become stuck again though.
    Pic attached

It seems like killing the soul collector causes spikes in the difficulty, can you verify this?

Attached Files:

12. DaviddesJ

Patreon Bronze

May 19, 2010
    Burlingame CA
    What's your problem with the picture? You need to kill the last enemy to get the key to exit the room and/or go on to the next room. That's the way it always works.

13. Mirkwood

Mirkwood Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2012
    Damn, this looks cool

14. peon2000

Oct 19, 2011
    @david
    It's not that the key hasn't appeared, it's that the level up has appeared with a monster left in the room.

@kinto
    Happened again, this time the level up appeared with another ghost still alive I had just killed a different ghost.

15. DaviddesJ

Patreon Bronze

May 19, 2010
    Burlingame CA
    That happens all the time. I think it's accumulating an XP total as you kill enemies, internally, and when you reach a new level then the popup appears. Often this is at the end of a level (I suspect there's an XP bonus for clearing the level), but not always. Why is this a problem?

16. peon2000

Oct 19, 2011
    Occasionally when this happens it will freeze you in place with the enemy still wandering around the level. The only way to free yourself is to force quit the app and start that level over.
    A couple of pages back kinto (the games creator) asked for details and a pic when this happens so I've been trying to help out when I have it happen to me.

17. Ausar

Ausar Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2012
    BCN
    Face the bug as well the level up spheres show up early with a enemy still alive and got stuck almost two times in a row

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ibyzc77a5xrquv6/2013-02-06%2004.29.22.png

https://www.dropbox.com/s/764i9524khf1rci/2013-02-06%2004.33.41.png

18. KintoGames

KintoGames Active Member

Dec 15, 2012
    I think I fixed in the new update I am working on.

@Ausar, you got stuck in the undead area or just +orbs dropped?

19. Ausar

Ausar Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2012
    BCN
    as soon as the orbs dropped i got stuck and i couldn't move, i was trying to kill the monster with the magic but the range is low

20. Hiraether

Hiraether Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2012
    Bit Dungeon > Zelda. Love the merit & charm of the game, especially building a hero who can compensate for my gamer weaknesses. Sequel with more classes, prz~