Universal Bit City (by NimbleBit LLC)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Mar 13, 2017.

1. Flysher

Flysher Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2012
    Thought so! I miss that game. Might fire it back up. Problem is all my progress ( level 50 or so ) was on android and now I'm an apple guy.

On another note, bitcity just screwed me over pretty hard this morning with cloud sync. Lost a lot of progress. I was on the fence about liking this one anyway, I think that sort of sealed the deal for now :(

2. Mr floppy

Mr floppy Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2011
    You perhaps just don't see it. My strategy is to work out how to keep the game on as much as possible to make use of the timers. As the game is on my primary phone, it's not easy. Have to work out how to fit the everyday duties in and stay charged enough. Thank goodness for IBS ...

3. Unstablefan

Unstablefan Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Feb 22, 2013
    I guess you could call that a game...

4. cowtruck123

cowtruck123 Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2012
    Yeah that's my problem with this app. The "strategy" that people are talking about isn't exactly strategy at all. I wish this had something like pocket planes or trains had when it came to gameplay and thinking.

5. Mr floppy

Feb 21, 2011
    Sure it is, I didn't sit through an episode of Nashville for nuttin'. Good for 5 video boosts. its great that it doesn't need much attention... Unlike the Mrs

6. RinoaHeartily

RinoaHeartily Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2010
    Which is nicer plane or train

7. vicsark

vicsark Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2011
    Bit City (by NimbleBit LLC)

Well, it's a clicker, I wouldn't expect a lot of strategy tbh ;)
    But a nice clicker. :D
    I guess let's hope it pays for the lights so NimbleBit may reuse the assets to make us a SimCity like?
    Or POCKET PLANES 2!!!!

8. Lorena

Lorena Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2009
    They talk about that could be a sequel of Pocket Planes 2 a few months ago on Twitter (before Bit City announcement).

9. vicsark

Aug 22, 2011
    #169 vicsark, Mar 24, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2017
    Bit City (by NimbleBit LLC)

AFAIK, they make way more money with the casual titles than with their more "strategy" or personal games.
    Capitals was a bust, not sure they made a lot of dough with NimbleQuest or Pocket Trains.
    So it seems logical to alternate between the two.
    I like their formula to take a different genra each time and appropriate it with their NimbleBit touch.
    I guess a lot of the disappointment for BitCity comes from the honest misconception that it would be a SimCity like whereas it is an Egg style clicker.
    I would have myself too rather have played a NimbleCity.
    But as far as clickers go, it's one of the few that have retained my attention (last one was Bitcoin Billionaire)

@NimbleDudes if you're listening to suggestions :
    I would like to have the option to buy and build small lots in bulk (i.e. a full block of 4/6/8 small lots for xxx coins for residential/bus/service). Because there comes a time where I make money faster than I can buy stuff now lol)

10. Flysher

Flysher Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2012
    Do you recall what they said exactly? This would seriously make me happy :D

11. Lorena

Lorena Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2009
    This

Attached Files:

12. Mr floppy

Feb 21, 2011
    Both are pretty fab, I like the music in trains though. I've spent some time just watching the trains and listening to the loop.

Admittedly, I had no idea what bit city was going to be about and like many thought sim city. I wasn't so sure that I would have played a sim city clone, unless it was done in an unusual unique style. Played sim city a lot, would have to be quite different to capture my interest again, and bit city has ..

13. MobileOnTapYT

MobileOnTapYT Well-Known Member

Feb 17, 2017
    Admittedly I am some what slow on getting these up. But come on, go easy on me, there has been a million and one good releases recently. City 7 is great, do like the gameplay of this one. Looking forward to hitting the 8th and final city soon.

14. Jayg2015

Jayg2015 Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    Player 1
    Liberty city
    All my data deleted. No way to restore game which is crazy. I even had a sync code to back up but the in game cloud is broken. I can't fill out where code is placed. Useless

15. vicsark

Aug 22, 2011

Have you tried contacting NimbleBit support?
    They're usually efficient in their games for these kind of issues, as they have the cloud saves on their own servers.

16. speeed

speeed Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2010
    After like 5 days of not being able to get even 1 out of 4 mazes it completely killed my ambition to finish the game..

Needs a mission skip button or something. This is ridiculous I can't even get one maze

17. speeed

speeed Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2010
    game changer :D:D:D thanks

18. speeed

speeed Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2010
    How come when it has have x amount of y property sometimes it saves the count even though the property is not there.. and other times a new one comes up and the counter doesn't go up? this mechanism seems buggy or maybe i'm not paying enough attention.

19. RinoaHeartily

RinoaHeartily Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2010
    I am playing train and plane concurrently. I feel train has more strategy to it and the graphics is similar to bit city.
    I am also playing Vegas. I must say tiny tower sucks it's much more brainless and annoying than cith

20. speeed

speeed Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2010
    I'm about to delete this game and smash my phone. 12+ hours and not one corn maze to finish the mission