Universal Bit City (by NimbleBit LLC)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Mar 13, 2017.

1. Mischief61

Mischief61 Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2012
    Why is there not an option to raze a lot so you can re-zone it?

2. Flysher

Flysher Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2012
    Anyone having issues getting the cloud sync feature to issue multiple codes ?

3. toochunky

toochunky Well-Known Member

Jun 26, 2011
    Some tips for people who want to grind level 8 (Bit City) on the first playthrough without using prestige:

The empty lot costs quickly outpace your economy, so you need to focus heavily on the transportation bonuses to make enough money.

Planes - unlike cars which have a bonus timer, planes spawn a new bonus as soon as they re-enter the screen. So if you are letting planes fly through the screen without collecting the bonus, you are losing a huge portion of your potential income. Keep your screen zoomed very far out so that you don't miss any planes. If you catch one of the two very fast planes just as it leaves the screen, wait for it to re-enter again to get another bonus right away. Once you've collected the bonus from the fast planes, you can zoom in again to collect car bonuses & buy empty lots while you wait for the planes to fly to the other side of the city.

Boats - similar to planes, boats spawn a new bonus as soon as they re-enter the screen. But unlike planes, they move slowly and can respawn bonuses several times as they make their way down the river. With a large bonus of ~$4 trillion, you want to make sure you collect as many bonuses from boats as possible. Boats spawn as many as three bonuses per trip down the river, so grab the bonus as soon as they enter to screen to allow maximum respawning & be sure to collect any bonus before the boat disappears at the other end.

Cars - Although you can't ignore the car bonuses, the amount of money you will miss from planes if you keep your screen zoomed in close to easily tap cars outweighs the car bonuses. The trick with cars is simply to get good at collecting the bonus while zoomed very far out. At first it seems impossible, but you will quickly find that you are able to collect the large car bonuses even when zoomed very far out in order to spot planes. And although it is much harder, you can even collect the small ordinary bonuses as well, even when the coin is only a pixel or two big. When you zoom in to buy empty lots, you can quickly collect all the small car bonuses that have accumulated.

High Demand Bonus - Don't build all three property types evenly. Keep one type at 27% and the other two at 36% so that you get a 10% high demand bonus on 27% of your properties.

4. RinoaHeartily

RinoaHeartily Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2010
    The high demand bonus? Isn't that a zero sum game? The rest have a penalty for it

5. Quil2

Quil2 Active Member

Jan 20, 2011
    Nimblebit has a history of updating their new games for a short period, and then moving on to new things. That's just how a small dev shop works if they want to keep doing new products. I would expect some small enhancements to the game, and maybe some new maps, in the near future but nothing really game changing.

6. toochunky

toochunky Well-Known Member

Jun 26, 2011
    No. If you balance the other two types at 36%, they will have normal demand and the type at 27% will have high demand. :cool:

7. Tikanderoga

Tikanderoga Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2012
    IT Sys Admin
    Lismore
    No point in rezoning.
    You get the same amount of residents for each of the zone.
    Small zone = 1000 people. Doesn't matter wether residential, service or business.

8. vicsark

vicsark Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2011

I mean, rezoning could be useful if you want to strictly separate business/service/residential areas for the missions.

But, apparently the mission aren't either random nor infinite. I had this after my last one (500 Bux reward I think)
    [​IMG]

9. vicsark

Aug 22, 2011
    #149 vicsark, Mar 19, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2017
    Bit City (by NimbleBit LLC)

Bit city 8 finished or the first time, bought everything I could with coins, time to prestige again I guess.
    [​IMG]

Edit :
    23 Tiny Towers in this shot, can you beat me?
    [​IMG]

10. RinoaHeartily

Dec 12, 2010
    Got it.. It's difference in 10% max. 36 and 26 works too

11. RinoaHeartily

Dec 12, 2010
    Nope I got it working on my iPad and iPhone.
    U need to have both devices connected to the same email account. The entering codes will not work

12. Mischief61

Mischief61 Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2012
    Was on City 5 and progress was wiped and I was thrown back to the start of the game with all my prestige keys gone and my pension pig at $0. #

13. GiHubb

GiHubb Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Apr 27, 2010
    CEO
    #153 GiHubb, Mar 20, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2017
    Excuse me but this has to be one of the stupidest city builders ever. There is zero strategy to it besides making sure you evenly distribute lots between residential, business and services (or as toochuncky recommended a page earlier). There is no challenge or thought that needs to go into it, all you do is wait on timers.

14. Paskalaatikko

Paskalaatikko New Member

Jul 30, 2014
    This. Usually I play different type of games but gave Bit City a go. Couldn't believe how simple and boring this was. Whats the idea of city building game when you can't design it yourself?!? Maybe I was expecting too much (SimCity 2000 was written all over it). FTP and clickers, not for me.

15. Unstablefan

Unstablefan Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Feb 22, 2013
    Yeah, I'm not sure why people called this a city builder in press materials or reviews. It's an idle game that uses a city as a skin.

16. cowtruck123

cowtruck123 Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2012
    Okay so I was very harsh on the game at first but I believe I was wrong. I've been enjoying the game and find it addictive but I still believe it is not on par with Nimblebit's other games. It's missing the humor/charm of their other entries and I wish it has more staying power and even an ounce of strategy. The piggy bank is not really worth it eaither as some specialty buildings cost about 10,000 bux.
    I hope to see more added but I don't expect radical changes going by nimblebit's previous releases.
    I'd give it 3.5 stars.

17. vicsark

Aug 22, 2011
    #157 vicsark, Mar 21, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2017
    Bit City (by NimbleBit LLC)

it does lack the humor and charm of the other Bitizens games.

But I crushed the pig anyways
    I thought it would be enough to buy all the game enhancement (not the buildings).
    Not even close, you'd need 250k easily.
    StillI have fun with it, with 1700% keys bonus, it goes so fast :lol:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

18. Flysher

Flysher Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2012
    Hey Vic , weren't you active in the pocket planes thread for a few months ?

19. MobileOnTapYT

MobileOnTapYT Well-Known Member

Feb 17, 2017
    Anyone else having problems with double time ads?

20. vicsark

Aug 22, 2011

Yep, a few years even !
    One of the founding fathers of TA1 crew in Pocket Planes ;)