Universal Bit City (by NimbleBit LLC)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Mar 13, 2017.

1. Maverik

Maverik Well-Known Member

Jan 18, 2013
    Agree, there is a fun core here but it's definitely missing something. Advice on where to spend bux would be appreciated. None of the "game" upgrades look any good so maybe one of each 1 square building type to double earning?

2. lucidwalker

lucidwalker Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2015
    I would pay 2,99 for a helping hand. All this stupid collecting and push the build butten, kills a lot of fun. And the prices for the special Buildings are a little bit to high.
    At the end, this game is egg inc. in a city costume with less eggs and more cars and only one drone.

3. MobileOnTapYT

MobileOnTapYT Well-Known Member

Feb 17, 2017
    I like it. I don't know how many levels there are but ill definitely try and see how much expansion you can get.

4. Nirakk

Nirakk Active Member

Mar 7, 2010
    I really like this game! What I love the most: the new layouts in each level, the planes, me trying to create a beautiful town by making the buildings of my choice 'historical', the goals that let you earn bux, the special buildings that you can buy with these bux. The choices to make: shall I put a business on that large plot which took me so long to buy, so I can meet this goal? Or shall I make room for a service with the beautiful special building I unlocked with hard earned bux? :)

Oh, and let's not get too attached to this level; I'm also looking forward to advance to my next city...

Well done, Nimblebit! :cool:

5. RinoaHeartily

RinoaHeartily Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2010
    I reset with 28 prestige!!! Man I am hooked to this game!

6. Mr floppy

Mr floppy Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2011
    I'm not sure about this game but it's addictive. Not really sure what to make of it. I do like the funky music! Nimble bit do some pretty good in game music.

Any way, not quite understanding the earnings when the game is in the background so as a test, Going to leave the game on and screen saver turned off. Should have a heap of money by the morning

7. Mischief61

Mischief61 Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2012
    I miss the humor of Tiny Tower

8. Nemer

Nemer Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2012
    College/Part job
    Far far away
    I love Nimble bit games but this feels rather poor. It doesnt have charm of Tiny Towers or depth of pocket planes. You just press button and thats it.

9. speeed

speeed Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2010
    Still playing this, it's missing a lot of stuff I'd like to see. Hopefully Nimblebit is reading this forum.

Autocollector IAP is a must
    Double time IAP would be nice

It's missing the stats AKA break down of income by residence, business, and service.. (IT NEEDS THIS)
    Also the ability to edit/delete plots incase you bought on accident

What happened to customization? I wanna see some themes! This city is generic!!

10. BlueWater27

BlueWater27 Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2012
    gaming
    Lone Star State
    I got excited when I saw there was a new game from NB but it's just another mindless tapper. I played Egg Inc, got bored of that one too. I also hope they use this as the basis for a normal city building game.

The music is nice, though.

11. Bumpygames

Bumpygames Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2016
    croatia
    addictive gameplay
    simple to play
    lots of stuff to unlock
    Nice work on this free game release
    but i like Pocket planes more then this one

12. eddieg

eddieg Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2009
    Trying to get my bank level up...
    Does anyone know what the max is?
    Is it capped or does it just keep going up?

13. skylined87

skylined87 Well-Known Member

Nov 9, 2014
    I normally hate playing these games, but somehow when I start playing I just can't stop tapping. It's kind of scary to me that a game could have such a weird effect on my mind. I always tell myself, "OK, this is pointless, I need to give my time to another game", but then I just keep tapping!

Psychological mind games aside, this is a very well made clicker. I love the voxel graphics! Great job Nimblebit! I hate that I love it so much! For real, I hate clickers. I really don't know why I like this game, lol.

Do I need to see a therapist? I don't know what's real anymore... #

14. cowtruck123

cowtruck123 Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2012
    What gives Nimblebit?
    I miss the charm of the older games and that's largely gone in this game. It's basically a carbon copy of Egg Inc. and contains little to no originality. It's not really addicting like it should be either.
    The lack of strategy and just mindless clicking has me turned off from this.
    Oh well. Their older games are excellent but this is no Tiny Tower...

15. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    I don't like prestiege systems I've said that in many threads before, I think they are a cheap way or increasing gameplay time when I grew up on things like Baulders Gate and C&C I'm use to progress counting and meaning something more than a marginal bonus to restart again.

So far I've made it to town 4 and I do quite like the game but feel it could have been so much more. The clicking elements aren't too bad as it's not as endless as other clickers needing to rapidly tap away forever

16. Jayg2015

Jayg2015 Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    Player 1
    Liberty city
    possibly one of the most creative clickers ever.
    makes you think its not a clicker, its actually a city builder.
    so much depth and content and with the prestige system its a way to keep playing and never getting bored.
    i believe ill be playing this for months.
    5stars

17. gezoyte

gezoyte Member

Jan 4, 2017
    Analyst
    Natural State
    Do you think the prestige system is just a way to keep you coming back, with no actual reward? Or am I missing something aside from the % increase per key?

18. Taeles

Taeles Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Aug 5, 2011
    Fun little idle clicker thingie. Im currently sitting on city 3 with city hall's auto upgrade picker maxed out. All three large plots are service because I'm chasing after the quest goal of three large hospitals at one time. Sitting at 75% prestige and my piggy has 4.47k in it (havent tapped that yet).

19. cameron331

cameron331 Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2010
    Seconded. I missed out on completing a mission because the lot automatically upgraded itself before I could make it historical. Definitely need to be able to disable the auto upgrading.

20. Anotherkellydown

Anotherkellydown Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Bronze

Played a few hours yesterday. Woke up and played this nonstop from 8am-4pm (couldn't get to work due to the snow). Wish I had got paid for my full "workday". Lol

Having put in at least 11 hours (wow) already, I have to give NimbleBit some credit. I love the look of all the different buildings and landscapes, vehicles, and how it reminds me of Sim City in a purely aesthetic way. It's very brainless, which isn't a bad thing unless you just don't like clicker type games. It's just like TT in that I keep asking myself why I'm playing. I think it's the strange sense of progression that keeps me coming back to this and TT.

I can see so much potential here. I'll keep playing at least until I finish it once (just about to start city 7) and try to think of some ideas.