Universal Bit City (by NimbleBit LLC)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Mar 13, 2017.

1. rj118

rj118 New Member

Dec 30, 2015
    Amazing progress! How far are you now?

2. Unstablefan

Unstablefan Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Feb 22, 2013
    I don't know if any more expansions are planned, but could we please have a "buy max" button for upgrades?

I love the pixel art and find the game very soothing to play, but unlocking upgrades is becoming tedious. With a buy max button I see this as a game I will revisit again and again.

3. orangecan

orangecan Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2011
    I've finally given up on this - had a good time with it and don't regret playing it at all but I'm now at the stage where it takes me under an hour to blast my way through the first 8 cities but as soon as I get to the moon it just grinds to a halt..... prestiged about 10 times up to city 4 on the moon now and I'm noticing things running slightly quicker but there's not enough progression for me to put any more time into it

4. vicsark

vicsark Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2011

Good idea ;)
    Did you notice that you can use multitouch for the upgrades?
    So if you leave 3 or 4 fingers pressed on the buttons, it is pretty fast for the early cities.

I would like to know too if another updates and expansions are in the works
    I'm not sure if I'll use the piggy bank again which is back to 300k, as I miss only a few permanent city upgrades and 15 buildings.

5. mizug

mizug Member

Nov 15, 2012
    Hi guys, what is the best strategy to start a big city, as the 8th. Should I buy all large lots first or the small ones? Or should I do a mix of it?

It is the first time that I reach the city 8. I have only 163 keys and was painful to finish the city 7.

Rgds,
    Mizu

6. vicsark

Aug 22, 2011

If it was painful to finish City 7, I would advise to prestige again and not try finish City 8.
    Just prestige when the progress becomes too slow. This is how this game is intended to have played imho.

Once you got enough keys, focus on large lots first in big cities, try do max the large lot bonus asap (tier 3, last I think). Max the auto build and let the game play itself for a while ;)
    Then focus on maxing cars/planes/boats bonus in the next tiers for when you're active.

Next thing you know, you'll finish the Moon cities in a day :D
    [​IMG]

7. Unstablefan

Unstablefan Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Feb 22, 2013
    Great tip, thanks! I've been going the trick where you hold down a button, change windows, and when you come back it remains held down, but I didn't know you could hit more than one button at a time!

8. MEJHarrison

MEJHarrison New Member

Apr 27, 2017
    That seems to be the prevailing theory. But that's not how I play. When the going gets tough, I keep going just a little more. It probably helps that I'm typically doing something else at the same time so the slow progress is more bearable. Playing this way has helped me get to 3.25 million prestige (3,251,298% to be exact). Toughing it out on the moon levels can really pay off in the long run.

9. skeeve

skeeve New Member

Aug 18, 2015
    Imagine if...

I shudder to imagine how long it would take to finish all 16 cities with 0% prestige. ###

10. vicsark

Aug 22, 2011
    I'm done for now, have stopped playing a week ago with about 3m % prestige.
    I maybe have 100k Bux missing for the last few city upgrades and a dozen special buildings.
    But I do have 400k in the piggy bank.
    Waiting for a possible new update to buy the piggy bank again.
    Anyone know if it's in the works?

11. Mr floppy

Mr floppy Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2011
    Well I've completed level 16. Thought there would be a bit more fanfare. Fireworks even, I know, the gravity on the moon isn't conducive to pyrotechnics.

For a game I wasn't so sure about, certainly spent a fair bit of time on it

12. Bstep

Bstep Member

Apr 25, 2017
    Throwing in the towel

I've reached the point to where I can complete cities 1-16 in under 6 hours. With 3,036,578% it has grown boring and monotonous. Hopefully they are planning an update to grow this game, until then I'm signing off.

13. Bstep

Bstep Member

Apr 25, 2017
    Screenshots

Attached Files:

14. stlredbird

stlredbird Well-Known Member

May 21, 2009
    At what prestige level can you breeze thru the first 8 levels?