Universal Bit City (by NimbleBit LLC)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Mar 13, 2017.

1. deathcorelover

Jun 16, 2016
    I got the mission to build 10.000 buildings and it's taking way too long!
    I've played it for many hours since then, and I only reached a bit over 1k of the goal.

2. speeed

speeed Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2010
    Cherish those missions.. don't see why nimblebit can't do endless missions with maybe less but reward if they don't want us to earn that much bux through missions

3. Unstablefan

Unstablefan Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Feb 22, 2013
    New content coming, boys!

4. FrehleyzComet

FrehleyzComet Well-Known Member

Apr 25, 2013
    Foreman
    Pennsylvania
    I agree! Give us the gold coins instead if you don't want to hand out bux, or alternate back and forth. Just keep the missions rolling for us!

5. vicsark

vicsark Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2011
    Bit City (by NimbleBit LLC)

Yep, they could just have a rollout of missions once you've completed the "story missions".
    Like in TT. Fixed but smaller rewards (20 to 100 Bux depending on the complexity), random (skipable ?) missions from a pool of stuff doable once you've completed City 8.
    Not sure why the did these storified and reward incrementing missions?
    Maybe they feared missions would get too easy to complete after a few playthroughs?

6. Taeles

Taeles Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Aug 5, 2011
    -facepalm-

-.-

Played this one from launch, got to about 500 or so prestige, got bored and deleted. I know it had cloud so assumed it was gamecenter tied in or some such so I never went in to the cloud button period. I was wrong. Heads up folks you have to actually sign up for nimble's cloud service. Not nimblebits fault on this, its mine.

Oh and there's no restore purchases button either.

-.-

7. code99

code99 New Member

Apr 12, 2017
    #227 code99, Apr 12, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2017
    Prestige is pretty much pointless

First of all, nice game, ive been playing it like crazy, really hard to put down :)

Now, am I the only one who thinks that Prestige is pretty much useless atm?
    The idea behind the prestige system (the way i see it) is to provide you with a boost when restarting. I gathered 400 keys and i decided to restart thinking "400% increase in revenue is sweet, im gonna advance so much faster now!!". Wrong!

It actually feels slower! Whats the point then? The upgrades in the city hall are more expensive i think but the buildings are much more expensive (im sure of it) leading to a slower game which renders teh prestige useless.

8. eeenmachine

eeenmachine Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2008
    Independent Game Developer
    San Diego, CA
    There is a restore purchases button on the boosts menu on iOS.

9. Quil2

Quil2 Active Member

Jan 20, 2011
    Nothing gets more expensive when you prestige. I've done it several times, at 1,500 or so now, and I can get to city 8 really fast compared to my first play through. Someone posting above is at 10x that prestige, and mentioned clearing through 8 in a very short time.
    To be fair, I did purchase the piggy bank when it got really high, which also speeds up the runs when you lower the cost of things and raise the bonus chances.
    Looking forward to going to the moon tomorrow, saw the post and decided not to prestige again today so I'll be ready! :)

10. code99

code99 New Member

Apr 12, 2017
    Then im doing something wrong because im at city 4 with 400% bonus and its taking me forever to complete it ... I am pretty sure buildings are more expensive, i clearly remember that a second/third large lot didnt cost as much before...

11. Quil2

Quil2 Active Member

Jan 20, 2011
    Maybe try restarting the app. I ran into a bug a couple of times that I can't reproduce, where I was gaining almost no money and everything seemed as you described - really slow. Restarted and it was back to normal, making so much I almost couldn't keep up. Hadn't seen that in a couple weeks, almost forgot.

12. speeed

speeed Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2010
    Update came early!!

13. Quil2

Quil2 Active Member

Jan 20, 2011
    Yep, I'm on the moon.

First thing to note, everything is expensive and you don't get your income from prior banks from 'earth' to help out. Prestige goes up significantly faster, I doubled it or more just going through the first base. I'm guessing the prestige will be needed to get through these later levels, and that should add more longevity to the game.

New Bulldoze feature is available, letting you revert to empty on any built location. It will probably help with people doing the earlier quests, but I don't think any new quests were added.

Still can't flip the game upside down, damn power cord on an ipad makes it so you can't play lying down with it resting on your chest. :)

14. Unstablefan

Patreon Bronze

Feb 22, 2013
    #234 Unstablefan, Apr 12, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2017
    Update disappeared just as I was clicking on it...pulled back after leaking out?

Question for you: The front page post mentioned one new special building...can you confirm that or are there more?

(Edit: Actually, I have the bulldoze option, so I guess it downloaded and City 8 just looks exactly as it always did?)

15. Unstablefan

Patreon Bronze

Feb 22, 2013
    Made it to City 9...it appears that the moon levels are a repeat of the original game with three extra zeros at the end of every price tag. And many more keys - I anticipate a number of restarts before clearing city 16.

16. ArtistWolf

ArtistWolf Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2014
    #236 ArtistWolf, Apr 13, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2017
    I'm also on City 9, the first one on the Moon. The prices are brutal! Just trying to purchase the first upgrade from the Lunar Bank costs 31.62 million.

I've managed to get only 3 of the first 4 properties purchased and up to 4 cars roaming around. Spending time actively playing and clicking on cars is going to be required to make any real progress early on, so get those car bonuses purchased (decrease car cost, decrease car bonus spawn time, increase large car bonus chance), and click that yellow build button as often as you can.

The increase in keys per property is totally worth it if you can afford to wait out the time to purchase properties. Buying a single property was netting me 141 keys (I have +10% key bonus, so it's around 129 normally).

I'm going to see if I can manage to get to City 10 before starting over again. It definitely seems like you need a pretty hefty production bonus from prestige keys before tackling the Moon for any length of time, and I'm currently sitting at +1,688% bonus, but have 982 keys waiting for when I prestige.

17. ArtistWolf

Sep 4, 2014
    Alright, I made it to city 10. I purchased 3 properties immediately, and then prestiged with 1,460 keys. This puts me over 3,000% production bonus. Time to work my way back to the moon to see how much faster I can get it done. This is going to be the process for a while I would imagine.

18. vicsark

Aug 22, 2011
    #238 vicsark, Apr 13, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2017

Do you go back to city 1 or 9 btw? Or do you have the choice?
    Left the iPad on for a few hours, and here I am : City 12 a new layout

The keys you gain is insane, I'm at 10k for this run (remember I had 760 for a run through city 8)
    I think they bumped all the prices x1000 am I mistaken?
    [​IMG]

Edit : city 13 with my teeny tiny rover on the left :D
    [​IMG]

19. ArtistWolf

Sep 4, 2014
    You go all the way back to city 1. It would be nice if they gave you the option to go back to city 9 though. I don't have nearly the percentages in bonuses that you have, so it still slows up for me a bit once I hit city 6.

Your current game has insane key gains!

20. vicsark

Aug 22, 2011

Thks ArtistWolf,
    I left the iPad plugged on BitCity for an all nighter and voilĂ  :
    [​IMG]