Universal Bit City (by NimbleBit LLC)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Mar 13, 2017.

1. cowtruck123

cowtruck123 Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2012
    Yeah I'm not sure why they haven't said anything in this thread. Probably because it's not all positive like they usually are.

2. speeed

speeed Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2010
    I just realized how much a stop autobuilding button is needed.. Once the levels are 100 even 50+ it takes forever to get the specific buildings needed to complete the mission when you have like 200 plots to cycle through. and if it wasn't for my fellow TAer I wouldn't have even realized there are "low level" and "high level" plots

edit: to be clear, the stop autobuild would be so that you don't level up your levels too fast without the correct mission.. Then when you get a mission requiring certain plots, your levels would already be so high that it's impossible to get the specific plot

3. RinoaHeartily

RinoaHeartily Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2010
    Has anyone broken the trillion gold yet? I am on the way to that lol

4. Mr floppy

Mr floppy Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2011
    Total? Per second? I have got one trillion from a boat.

On the issue of the missions, I had to get 6 pizza parlours. After the first night I got two complete but I couldn't see them anywhere in my city. Then after the second night, it was complete and only found 3 parlours.

5. speeed

speeed Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2010
    there's a limit to missions? man this game keeps disappointing me yet i'm still playing it.

missions should be unlimited.. wtf. or at least cycle every time you prestige.. OR GET THAT CHECK OUT OF MY SCREEN IF I"M DONE WITH MISSIONS. FFS,

6. Richy_1987

Richy_1987 New Member

Apr 3, 2017
    How many bux to buy all upgrades?

Does anybody know how many bux are required to buy all the upgrades?
    My pension pig is at just over 1/4 million bux but don't want to buy it until I know I can get everything.

7. Quil2

Quil2 Active Member

Jan 20, 2011
    So I noticed on their twitter that they're working on a new update. Looks like one upgrade is to build lots of 10 buildings at a time to save on number of clicks, useful on large maps. The other is a moon base, likely the next stage of maps. They look smaller and will probably have new options.

I'm happy to see the moon stuff, it's new and different and I'm not sure I'd be able to handle a city with 2000 plots as the next map.

On the buying 10x at once, I guess I've not hit that stage in the game yet. I always seem to be cash starved waiting for the next plot I can afford.

I do hope they add the option to turn the device upside down. I'm tired on playing on my ipad plugged in while lying down, having to hold it at a weird angle so the plug isn't jamming into my stomach and getting bent. :) Don't think I've seen other games that don't flip with the device, it's strange so I never thought about it before.

8. vicsark

vicsark Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2011
    #208 vicsark, Apr 4, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2017
    Bit City (by NimbleBit LLC)

It' more than that I guess, but you're getting close. The big upgrades prices jump very high in the last steps.

I used 107k Bux with my first piggy bank and wasn't close to buy them all. I now have 160k again but am waiting as you are.
    I'll add a screenshot later of where I'm at, I bought some with the missions and in game free Bux too.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Just the upgrades without the special buildings I would guess around 350k maybe more.

Tbh some upgrades are quite useless or irrelevant.
    Most important imho are the ones that enhance up to 50% the chance to get big bonuses from cars boats and planes.
    Not only for the huge cash inputs but also as it's the only way to get free Bux once you completed all the missions

On the update, buying a whole lot of land and turn it to residential/service/business at once is one of my principal request for the end game. It gets very boring when you're making money faster than you can spend it!

9. Richy_1987

Richy_1987 New Member

Apr 3, 2017
    In that case I'll let it grow a little longer.

I'll post back up when I open it and let you know if it covers everything.

10. Ivica

Ivica Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2015
    I hope you know you can do the time trick. Just upgrade you bank for max profit.

11. vicsark

Aug 22, 2011

Update with the bulk building is live.

So, I'm pleasantly surprised, it's way more powerful than I imagined.
    When NimbleBros say BULK, they DO mean BULK lol

[​IMG]

12. Unstablefan

Unstablefan Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Feb 22, 2013
    Incredibly timely. I was going to do one more run and then retire today, literally, because I was tired of having to tap all the tiny squares. With this patch, I'll probably play long enough for opening the Pension Pig to be worth it, so NB just made 3 bucks. Well played.

13. Jayg2015

Jayg2015 Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    Player 1
    Liberty city
    I've sent dozens of emails, tweeted so many times , still no reply or help to get my deleted data back.
    Weeks and weeks but no replies.
    I've seen so many other people say the same.
    Too bad their customer service isn't as good as the game was.

14. vicsark

Aug 22, 2011

Bad luck buddy :/
    They will answer at some point but AFAIK heir customer service is basically one of the dev's wife.
    So when there's a bug affecting a lot of players, they're quickly overwhelmed and you're in the queue. I don't think it's helping to send the same mail dozens of time tbh.

Also the devs usually spend their time fixing it and not responding to each email, which makes sense.
    That's a classic indie issue I guess when you have millions of installs but no scaleable customer support.

On the update, the bulk lot building makes the game so much faster it's crazy.
    I wish I could stream a speed run but I'm convinced I could do the 8 cities in less than 2 hours now. :D lol

15. Jayg2015

Jayg2015 Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    Player 1
    Liberty city
    Well they replied please email us the issue we will get right to it but never did .
    I understand though that they have so many players and can't get to us all but this is a widespread issue that could be fixed with a n in game cloud save which they have but is partly broken which affects me and thousands of others

16. vicsark

Aug 22, 2011

After my second piggy bank run (250k Bux, first one was 107k Bux), I tried a speed run.
    It took me less than an hour to go from city 1 to the end of city 8 :eek:
    I guess I'm ready for the next Moon cities :D
    [​IMG]

17. Quil2

Quil2 Active Member

Jan 20, 2011
    Was the 250 and the 107 enough to get everything? Also, how have you been getting any of the special buildings for bucks?

18. vicsark

Aug 22, 2011

I did buy 2 piggy bank, one for 107k Bux, the last one for 250k Bux, I have completed all the missions (that should amount to maybe 15k Bux?), and have made Bux while playing (? Maybe 20k). So all in all around 400k Bux.

I have completed all but the last 2 permanent game upgrades (estimated remaining cost of 90k Bux) but have saved 125k Bux for the next upgrade and special buildings.

So, to answer your question, I estimate the total cost of the permanent game upgrades to be about 300k/350k Bux.

The most important imho are the keeper of keys to get more keys after each prestige, the large bonus for car/plane/boat as a way to get Bux while playing.
    [​IMG]

I've bought most of my 23 special buildings while on sale when I had enough Bux.
    The total cost of these special buildings if they're not on sale should be easy to calculate if someone hasn't purchased any yet (I would say 400/500k Bux). Though you really don't need all of them, just a few of each residential/business/services in small/large.

19. Quil2

Quil2 Active Member

Jan 20, 2011
    Thanks, I'm roughly following the same path and just a little behind. I bought the first piggy bank at 110k, bought a few special buildings on sale, and have been working to build up the next bank but wasn't clear on how far to go with it.

So with the Keeper of Keys, I noticed when I upgraded I was on level 8 and my number of saved keys for the next prestige went up significantly the 2-3 times I did it. I assume it also effects how fast you earn new keys on the next play through and doesn't just upgrade existing saved keys for the next prestige?

20. vicsark

Aug 22, 2011

With the keys bonus at max level, each playthrough earns the same amount each time : 763 keys. ;)

My last 2 finishes
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]