Universal BioShock coming to iOS this summer. For reals!

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Shadowriver, May 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Erpiotta5

Erpiotta5 Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2012
    Yes,need find more info about the game...expecialy release date...cant wait:(

2. Mamalovesyou

Mamalovesyou Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2014
    Who was the guy in the ta video who played the game,Is he on the forums here?

@squarezero yeah the site is for mobile gamers/casual gamers so that kind of discussion might not be interesting to most but I find it quite interesting,specially now that we actually have that kind of power in our hands it opens up more possibilities of console to mobile ports.:)

3. tognesimo

tognesimo Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2011
    You're right sir, it's my fault!
    However I've seen the video and this bio version is inferior, texture and effects are very low. I think that this game will run very smooth on the new gen of iPhone.

4. ltcommander.data

ltcommander.data Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2009
    #104 ltcommander.data, Aug 6, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2014
    They said they aren't using Metal in the Touch Arcade video which is understandable seeing Metal is still being defined and changing as the iOS 8 betas move along. With iOS being the only announced mobile platform so far (ie. no Android yet), I hope they are going whole hog in optimizing for iOS, namely taking full advantage all the OpenGL ES extensions that Apple makes available to enable and speed up as many effects as possible. The OpenGL ES extension situation is a lot more incoherent on Android given the different OS versions and GPUs so using lots of extensions will make an eventual Android port harder so it may not be the best overall business decision, but it would definitely improve the iOS user experience.

5. MarkyR74

MarkyR74 Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2013
    It looks a lot better in person so the TA staff say, but sitting back, put your headphones in, and loose yourself in the world of Rapture ANYWHERE is a tantalising thought.

All we can really speculate at this point in time is the release date, they say summer this year, well it's September next month and I don't class that as summer, but they may do?

6. oldsnake

oldsnake Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2012
    Male
    Impiegato
    Bologna italy
    Well,officialy it's summer till 22,23 of September,but I hope for a release first than that,I play BIOSHOCK more that any other games on PS3,8 playtrough,can't wait to play on my idevice..

7. ltcommander.data

ltcommander.data Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2009
    It seems a big enough game that it may warrant a keynote demo at the September 9 iPhone event, especially if they are working on a higher end codepath that shows off the A8, so they may be waiting at least until then.

8. oldsnake

Aug 19, 2012
    Male
    Impiegato
    Bologna italy
    It's what I think,Apple can use it at 9 September Keynote,also if the devs say they not using "metal"new apple,maybe not from start..

9. Nekku

Nekku Well-Known Member

May 31, 2013
    Nah, pls don't. I don't want to wait that long! :D
    But I've to admit it would be really cool if Apple shows it on the stage.
    "And this, ladies and gentlemen, is the ENHANCED XBOX360 version of Bioshock which takes full advantage of our new A8 SoC". :D

10. oldsnake

Aug 19, 2012
    Male
    Impiegato
    Bologna italy
    Exactly 

11. Der-Kleine

Der-Kleine Well-Known Member

The difference between the (presumably) iPad Air version and 360 version is still quite large, so I wouldn't get my hopes up...

12. Nekku

Nekku Well-Known Member

May 31, 2013
    #112 Nekku, Aug 6, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2014
    Ye, the Air.
    Nvidias K1 is already boosting 3 to 4 times the performance of the A7 and if Apple rly decides to put Imaginations new GX6650 GPU into the A8 (which is even more powerful than the K1) then I guess it's quite possible in terms of graphics. Well, I think the file size could still be a problem.

If Apple wants to be on top with mobile gaming, there is no way around it.

13. MarkyR74

MarkyR74 Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2013
    Hmmm, seems to have turned into discussing hardware again. Fact is though Bioshock WILL be on the iPad Air and Mini Retina and iPhone 5S this summer.

But kudos to those saying they may wait for the possible event in September, that certainly sounds plausible.

14. ioscody

ioscody Well-Known Member

Jan 9, 2014
    Iphone 6 enhancements ?????

15. oscar123967

oscar123967 Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2012
    Launch now pls

16. Erpiotta5

Erpiotta5 Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2012
    Yes!need release date no problem for price.have an ipad4 and iPhone 5s no problem

17. Triscuitable

Triscuitable Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2011
    Games Journalist
    Seattle, WA
    YouTube: video

Hehe. It looks fine, considering it'll be on my freaking phone. Never thought this day would come, but 2K seems really adamant about giving us the "console experience" on lesser hardware. More power to them!

18. Darth Nihilus

Darth Nihilus Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Pripyat, Mexico.
    And the iPod Touch 5 is already obsolete.

Lol sucks to be me.

19. oscar123967

oscar123967 Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2012
    Lol save up for a new iPad dude! I think iPods make like 1% of Apple's revenue, so I wouldn't expect the next gen iPod to do much.

20. oldsnake

Aug 19, 2012
    Male
    Impiegato
    Bologna italy
    I open a thread about other aspect of The game
    :http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=239037