Universal BioShock coming to iOS this summer. For reals!

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Shadowriver, May 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kenan2000

Kenan2000 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2013
    Hope you agree with me guys that if it will be released on an iPhone 5 then it will definitely be released on iPad 4,imo buying a device then waiting 2 years for the even newer device is way better and cheaper than buying everything as soon as it gets released.As an instance I bought an iPad 4 in 2012,now I skipped iPad Air and waiting for iPad 5 or iPad Air 2.

2. Pocketnova

Pocketnova Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2012
    Yes, that would make sense, I'm just wondering since it seemed like the 2k guy said something about iPod touches being supported. I'm gonna assume he was just guessing about that, but I suppose it won't be finalized until everyone gets it and can test it on the devices. (Though if the iPad 3 is supported I'm guessing it flat out won't open on anything less then a 4)

3. Mamalovesyou

Mamalovesyou Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2014
    I doubt that's the case it's impossible for it to push retina res in 'any' 3d game.Bioshock will most definitely run at sub 720p even on ipad air so res is not really an issue.It also has 1gb ram that should be a lot more than ever required for any game,Ofc it will depend how well they can ootimise the game in the end though.

Textures are never really a problem,the games crash but do not lag if the textures are a problem, 1gb ram should be enough anyway.

4. RebornProphet

RebornProphet Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2010
    Scotland, UK
    Bought.

Loved this on 360, these are the kind of games I want to see on iOS, and the kind of games I fear the App Cheapskates will scare developers away from taking the time to port.

5. tognesimo

tognesimo Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2011
    Will this game run on my iPhone 5s? It's impossible IMHO, it's a PS3 game, maybe it will require the new iPhone 6 or iPad Air 2!

6. redribbon

redribbon Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2010
    entepreanur,programmer
    eli, can you please ask the guy from 2K, will they be adding real time shadow for the new idevices(A8 chip ex: iphone 6) ? i can see from your video that its missing some graphic effects compared to the original ps3/pc version. I'm not expecting that they'll put the whole package but i really hope RTS can make appearance on a newest device.

7. Darth Nihilus

Darth Nihilus Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Pripyat, Mexico.
    Oh deer god, after speed reading this thread, I couldn't find any info on iPod touch so I'm assuming it'll be impossible to play this on the iPt5? Right?

8. redribbon

redribbon Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2010
    entepreanur,programmer
    ^as far as i know the game only playable on A6 devices and up.

9. oscar123967

oscar123967 Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2012
    Pretty sweet! I'll definitely be picking this up just to see what it'll be like on mobile :)

10. MarkyR74

MarkyR74 Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2013
    Mate, your PS3 is about 8 or 9 year old tech now, your iPhone is less then a year old on the market with new graphics technology, it'll work just fine.

It'll take several years I think for devices to match the current new gen consoles, but they nearly match the last gen ones.

11. tognesimo

tognesimo Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2011
    Are you joking?? PS3 and xbox 360 are more powerful than a 5S or IPad Air! Game like GTA 5 are the demonstration!

12. epik5

epik5 Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2013
    #92 epik5, Aug 5, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2014
    Because phones are different. If they are powerful that doesnt mean its gonna be compared on a phone. For now it can run a few games ported from the ps2. But honestly no one should compare a console to a phone. Its like comparing battlefield with call of duty. They are both fps but completely different at all, and its hard to compare it. But try and compare call of duty with counter strike, its much similar. So no need to say that. And marky being a new technoligy doesnt mean its gonna hold on perfectly with the graphics. Is AIS and its a wreck on all the devices. And atleast we are getting good ports specially indie games. But since the phones are getting stronger every year someday we might see GTA IV on phones. Maybe?

13. Darth Nihilus

Darth Nihilus Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Pripyat, Mexico.
    Yeah I figured as much, thanks for the info.

14. Mamalovesyou

Jul 29, 2014
    Iphone 6 is going to be more powerful than a ps3/360 most probably,Tegra k1 is already on par with a 360 it can EMULATE gamecube's most graphically expensive games with a very new dolphin emulator which is going to get a lot better in the next 6 months.

Type in dolphin emulator resident evil 4 on tegra k1 on youtube and be amazed cause soon it's going to run at a smooth framerate.:)

15. Nekku

Nekku Well-Known Member

May 31, 2013
    K1 GPU is on par with PS3 and 360 BUT the actual SoC inside the Shield Tablet is obviously clocked down due to low power consumption and heat. K1 delivers 115Gigaflops in this state whereas Ps3 and 360 delivering almost double the amount. They just can't deliver the full power from the K1 in an mobile device yet.

16. Mamalovesyou

Jul 29, 2014
    #96 Mamalovesyou, Aug 5, 2014
    Tegra k1 has around 350gflops under the hood,tegra 4 had around 100 gflops.trine 2 is a good example for comparison,digital foundry have a nice detailed article on the ehole thing.

K1 is by and large as powerful as 360 atleast.

17. Nekku

Nekku Well-Known Member

May 31, 2013
    #97 Nekku, Aug 5, 2014
    Oops, ye true. Just saw the 115 was capped at 300Mhz

18. MarkyR74

MarkyR74 Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2013
    Point is devices are getting more and more powerful, my iPad Mini Retina for instance is much more powerful then a PSVita, yet the Vita has it's own Borderlands 2 etc.
    and we have Half Life 2 and Portal on the Nividia Shield with the Tegra 4 chip let alone the new K1!

Technology moves VERY fast and as I said, the 369 and PS3 are very old now in regards to their technology, so tablets and phones are catching up if not passing them in regards to how powerful they are.

19. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    I can't think of a more off topic or boring discussion than weather iOS devices are faster or slower than consoles. Please limit discussion to the game at hand. Any more posts on device specs will be either moved or deleted. Thanks!

20. leelook

leelook New Member

Oct 2, 2013
    Yes, I like it