Universal BioShock coming to iOS this summer. For reals!

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Shadowriver, May 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. skeletonlord

skeletonlord Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2012
    United Kingdom
    Has Bioshock on iOS been confirmed by the devs/2K?

It's funny because I'd like to see how a mobile port would run.

I'm playing through Apollo Square at the moment and would happily spend money to see how the iOS version would pan out.

2. qdiddy

qdiddy Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2014
    But how could it control for all us Po people without those fancy schmancy mfi controllers?

3. ioscody

ioscody Well-Known Member

Jan 9, 2014
    So amped for bioshock ios!! Heard they just upped the visuals ???

4. volcanopele

volcanopele Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Mar 27, 2011
    Planetary Geologist
    AZ, US
    No, 2K's twitter account posted a suggestive image and Eli's restarted the hype train. Not that I mind. When it comes to Hype Trains, this is the exact train I was looking for.

5. skeletonlord

skeletonlord Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2012
    United Kingdom
    Yeah, I saw the twitter image, it looks really cool, and judging by the mobile 2008 trailer it looked like it was for release in 2008 maybe and was forgotten? Looks like it has a lot of potential to be a great mobile port.

6. Anonomation

Anonomation 👮 Spam Police 🚓

It's sad, most of the people haven't been here since 2009, like most of the old game forums...

But anyway, the old trailer looks good, I guess they could advance from that.

7. Bool Zero

Bool Zero Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2010
    I thought that this was confirmed to be a remastered edition of the first two games and had nothing to do with iOS?...

8. oldsnake

oldsnake Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2012
    Male
    Impiegato
    Bologna italy
    If so,will be for PS4,XBOXONE,look at The last of us,remastered for PS4,but why the apple on the text?

9. MarkyR74

MarkyR74 Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2013
    haha, shows how wrong you can be, because never underestimate the power of devices in the future. For instance since your post was made, we have the Nvidia Shield and the Nvidia Shield tablet running Half Life 2 and Portal.

I think we can expect to see Bioshock at some point in the next year or two.

10. VaroFN

VaroFN Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    Take a look at the date of that post.

11. MarkyR74

Mar 24, 2013
    Erm? I did? 2008, hence my reply. What's your point?

12. VaroFN

VaroFN Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    That reply is from 2008, the same year the AppStore launched. Pretty much every game released back then was a puzzle game or something even simpler. I doubt he was underestimating the power of his device. It makes more sense that someone at that time couldn't see how a very complex FPS like Bioshock could work on his phone. Even today you have people complaining about how games like MC5 and Monster Hunter can't work with touch screen controls.

13. MarkyR74

Mar 24, 2013
    You seemed to have mis-read my post. I said you should never underestimate the power of FUTURE devices. I was not referring to devices in 2008 at all.

14. Kenan2000

Kenan2000 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2013
    Do you all here even understand how many gates port of the bioshock on ios will break/open?It will prove how strong mobile devices are if it will be released,it will prove that such games CAN be ported on ios.If THIS will be released on ios then I see no problems in porting dishonored or fallout 3.

15. SherlockEB

SherlockEB Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 22, 2013
    How about GTA:SA ?

16. Kenan2000

Nov 25, 2013
    Yep also true but gta is a limit already lol we don't need one of these saint rows on ios,we already have "gangstar"by gameloft.My point was that bioshock on ios(I really hope it will be released and it is an actual port)might inspire companies like Bethesda on porting their games on ios.Jesus...i am sure if bioshock will be released on mobile devices,in(maybe)next year fallout 3 on ios is not going to be "impossible"anymore.

17. Based Xatu

Based Xatu Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2013
    Mite probably going to be a while for that. They would have to revamp the whole system for touch screen. Plus wouldn't the whole game file be huge? If Bethesda hasn't finished fallout 4 yet, I think it would be like 5 years before we get 3 on mobile.

18. TheMerc

TheMerc Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2012
    #38 TheMerc, Jul 30, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2014
    While I fully appreciate just how great a feat porting a current gen (or last gen, I guess) title such as Bioshock would be, I don't think it'd be the one thing that'd finally open the world's eyes as to how powerful a platform iOS is.

The fact is, iOS is a platform that's been getting tremendous ports of games that, on paper, wouldn't work - XCOM, Star Wars Knights Of The Old Republic, Monster Hunter Freedom Unite or GTA: San Andreas, to name a few - and yet translated beautifully onto the touch screen. And I personally think the two-punch-combo of XCOM and KOTOR (both of which came out around the same time) did a lot to change the public opinion on how limited they thought iOS was when it came to gaming. That's why I think, at this point in time, the problem isn't convincing companies that iOS is a platform capable of running tremendous games, but getting them to actually take advantage of the platform's potential.

The point you made is valid (it'd certainly help the argument that iOS is a powerful enough platform if it could be said that it "perfectly runs a port of Bioshock"), but I'd advise against getting your expectations too high: I have my own list of games I'd like to see ported to the platform (Batman Arkham Asylum, Assassin's Creed II, Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker and Goldeneye being the highest on that list), but whenever a big port such as this comes out people's expectations always seem to reach higher than what companies are willing to provide...

19. Kenan2000

Nov 25, 2013
    I agree with you,completely agree with you.I myself do not have great expectations about this year,I am not even sure if fallout 3 will be released on ios in 2015(that will be crazy),I will gladly wait for the time when ios will be powerful enough to handle such games and this is my opinion=if bioshock will be released on ios,bioshock quality games on ios will be the current limit,I mean that it will be possible to port more 2004-2007 games on ios devices if bioshock will be ported.Games with higher quality will NOT be possible.Not YET.
    I actually hope after releasing monster hunter on ios capcom might port the original resident evil 4 on ios lol it would be awesome.

20. Kenan2000

Nov 25, 2013
    Oh and of course I should not be too hype about this...why?Well cause it is not even confirmed yet and we have no clues...but considering that 2k ported a lot of their games on ios and they wanted to port it on ios from 2008(even a shtty port,I don't care,it is still bioshock),then it might be an actual clue for mobile bioshock...the only thing that I hope for is that it is gonna be an original port with all stuff from the original bioshock(not like deus ex the fall,dead space mobile or Mass effect on ios).