Binding of Isaac Off Topic and Arguing Thread

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Gunther4C, Jan 11, 2017.

1. Gunther4C

Gunther4C Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2013
    $15! Geez might as well get it for PC

2. bestkevin

bestkevin Well-Known Member

Jul 4, 2012
    #2 bestkevin, Jan 11, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2017
    $21!? Why so expensive!?? @.@ Never seen anything over $13 at most.

3. Bullos

Bullos Member

Sep 24, 2011
    It's $23 in the Australian App Store.
    Not sure if I will wait for a sale or not. I really want to see what all the fuss is about.

4. Gunther4C

Gunther4C Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2013
    I'll buy it on sale

5. €¥€

€¥€ Member

Mar 3, 2015
    #5 €¥€, Jan 11, 2017
    Why, just get it now it's worth the full price. this mentality is why good devs hate mobile, I hope it never goes on sale.
    My one issue with it(me) is I keep accidentally setting off bombs while moving.

6. Duke12

Duke12 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2013
    Ill download it when its free. Actually when its free Ill demand Edmund to pay me to download it and then he must play it for me.

7. Avaniar

Avaniar Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2016
    This kind of mentality and shitty PA posts by fanboys is the reason forums deteriorate.

I mean, why can't a person who is on the fence just wait for some lower price, instead of taking some fanboy's word for it?

I have never played it, but yeah, maybe when it comes down from it's freaking i'm so good i cost 15$ pedestal, maybe i will think about it. Heck it's better to support devs during a sale than not buy it at all.

I love the argument that the sale mentality is why good devs hate mobile, like we don't have great mobile devs, like the trese brothers or demon's rise dev wavelight. And they do sales and don't hate mobile. Or is it just the pc-indy "gods" that hate coming down from their olympus because developing and selling for pc is easier than mobile? In fact i see tons of sales on steam, and they don't care...

Oh and an actually better one, at least mobile hardcore gamers pay for the games on IOS, instead of the pc-pirates... so yeah devs hate mobile for the sale mentality, hate pc for the piracy mentality, hate consoles for whatever reason... those are just lame arguments. Good devs will develop regardless of the platform. Now big companies, they have a strange sense of market and hate mobile because of the target market which they have to rethink because they cannot price it high like on consoles or pc.

So I say, yes i bought a buttload of games (probably90% of the ones i own) on sale, because unlike some people i have a family to take care of, and other interests, like boardgames f.e. (Which i try to buy 2nd hand or on sale). That makes me cheap and unsupportive of devs? At least i buy them...

8. Dankrio

Dankrio Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jun 3, 2014
    Instabought. It would be cool if devs could actually charge money for they games on App Store, instead of $2.99 is too expensive bull.

I sympathize with people that really can't afford it. Not with people that spend hundreds dollars on expensive hardware and much more on other things and think that devs don't deserve to be paid by their hard work.

9. Duke12

Duke12 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2013
    Yea, my post def was shittier and more useless than someone telling everyone hes waiting for sale. Im grateful he let me know that precious tidbit. End of ot for me

10. lezrock

lezrock Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2010
    This!

11. dreadnok

dreadnok Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2011
    I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum I'm ou
    I just want all the "instabuy" people to post screenshots of owning the game or are they now going to cry and wait for a sale?

12. sdefranco1

sdefranco1 Member

Dec 31, 2012
    Build up hype, then charge a whopping 15 clams for a mobile game. Wow.

13. drmad

drmad Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2013
    Indonesia
    It's not a trash mobile game
    It's full premium game...
    I bought it at the same price on new 3ds and steam and now im gonna buy it again..

Why people keep complaining about the price
    If you like it buy it
    The price is totally justified
    Come on people

14. Dankrio

Dankrio Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jun 3, 2014
    #14 Dankrio, Jan 11, 2017
    A mobile game that is the same of PC and consoles, so I don't see why they shouldn't charge the same.

Mobile gaming is not "inferior" in anyway. The controls are perfect here.

15. Snooptalian

Snooptalian Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2009
    Don't understand the hype for this, but I've never played it and probably shouldn't form an opinion based on a video, but that trailer was the stupidest thing ever. If anything, makes me not wanna even try the game...

16. KeKhan

KeKhan Well-Known Member

May 28, 2012
    Yea I feel the same..don't understand the hype. Compared to twin-stick roguelike games like Neon Chrome this just looks...bad.

17. Jamesrooney27

Jamesrooney27 Well-Known Member

May 13, 2014
    Male
    Uk
    Maybe people should stop moaning about why this game so hyped up and play it to see why it's hype up

18. KeKhan

KeKhan Well-Known Member

May 28, 2012
    It's a forum for game discussion and I don't want to waste 14.99? Maybe?

Maybe you can just contribute some useful info as to why it's so popular instead of making pointless comments?

19. ludka33

ludka33 Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2013
    Perhaps they'd like something more than, "This is teh awesome!! Lolol!" When they ask what's the hype about, before they drop 15 bucks just to see for themselves whether they'll like it?

I've read all 12 pages of this board, looking for something substantial. All I know thus far is that it's a rougelike dual stick with bombs, hidden rooms, 16 endings, unlockable characters, a not-so-subtle biblical undertone, and confusing stuff that's fun to figure out on your own. Nothing to explain the hype yet. Care to help?

20. pkmvancouver

pkmvancouver Guest

I second this due to the fact it is $20.99 CAD on iOS and $16.99CAD on Steam.