Universal Binary Gods (by Rayark)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by squarezero, Dec 30, 2020.

1. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA

Don’t know much more than what’s shown on the video — for all I know, this could be coming only to Android, but that seems unlikely. No news whether it’s premium, either.

The real question, though: is this their follow up to Implosion?

2. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Definitely not an Implosion sequel, but mother of gawd... :eek:

3. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    I was speaking spiritually, not literally. But yes, mother of gawd, indeed. :).

4. simmolick

simmolick Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2011
    Animation Boss
    Spain
    I think is a CG video with some waters mark interface for look like real game play..

5. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    It basically is! Stated right there in the title...it's a concept video. ;)

Filani likes this.
  6. ColeDaddy

ColeDaddy Silver Supporter<br>Moderator

Mar 20, 2010
    Male
    Sojourner
    Washington D.C.
    (geekgasm)

7. Filani

Filani Member

Mar 11, 2018
    like seriously ... we may end up with something that looks vastly diffrent from what is being shown here.
    Didn't we learn anything from Cyberpunk 2077 ?
    Now to be fair there is a chance it could actually be better than what the concept promises and since this is Rayark studios ....well, fingers crossed ✌

metalcasket likes this.
  8. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Yeah, I've come to have blind faith in Rayark. :)

9. We should be grateful they still want to make AAA games for iOS/Android. Usually, when you release something the size and effort of Implosion: Never Lose Hope on mobile, you receive nothing but disappointment in return. I'm sure that was also the case with Rayark but, for whatever reason they decided to do something as bold again, we must support them. I think they just gamers as much, as we are at their core and a projects like this one are probably just an expensive/financially harmful hobby of theirs. So, Binary Gods for the soul, Soul of Eden - for profit, lol :).

10. Filani

Filani Member

Mar 11, 2018
    I respect your opinion V but i disagree.
    Implosion was released as a premium title on the iOS & Playstore and they got high fives from gamers and reviewers alike.

Since 2015 on the Playstore Implosion has racked over 5 million downloads, no small feat by any measure.

Mobile gamers reward studios who treat them with RESPECT by putting out good product on the platform.

The problem is most Dev's come to the platform for a quick Cash Grab, they don't Respect Mobile Gamers and their product shows it.

RayArk have 'Street Credit' among Mobile Gamers because they've EARNED IT by putting out quality IP's time after time after time.
    Rayark come back to the Mobile platform because they know they will be rewarded for quality product by their fans.

Makara Nou and squarezero like this.
  11. a quick Cash Grab? Sound familiar :rolleyes:... oh yeah a couple of well-known games recently ported to mobile. I appreciate good ports and start to question those bad ones.

12. Boardumb

Boardumb Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 14, 2009
    THE BOSS
    Sacramento, CA
    I think the answer is somewhere in the middle of these two responses. Premium games have failed over and over again for years now, to the point that most devs have abandoned mobile for PC/console. But under the right circumstances a premium game can survive in the App Store, it's just that they are few and far between. I feel like the past year or so the tide has been turning a bit on that. Pascal's Wager is a good example.

But the "quick cash grab" is just a myth. That's like saying people play the lottery to win the jackpot as a "quick cash grab." The world of mobile is littered with bodies of devs who respected their players and put out good products, and failed anyway. There simply is no quick cash grab on mobile in any way unless you happen to have a game that goes viral, which again is like winning the lottery. Even the most successful free to play games require gobs of money to run and around the clock tuning to even have a chance at making any money, and the ones that do make it to the level of something like Candy Crush are the exception not the norm.

13. Brightsiderus

Brightsiderus Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2017
    I talked to “Outbreak” series developer a while ago about possibility of porting his games to iOS and he said that it’s his dream, but he afraid of two things
    1) how to port game with good controls
    And most important thing:
    2) that his game will disappear in the deeps of the AppStore. It’s actually hard to look for premium games nowadays. I’m trying to type the name of the good game and I should scoop through dozens of shitty F2P games with almost same name to get to the game I need. I.e. if you try to search QV in the AppStore it shows QR code’s scanner and EBay, but not an actual game

Gulash likes this.