iPad Bike or Die Saving problems??

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by powderski11, Dec 10, 2008.

1. powderski11

powderski11 Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2008
    After I updated bike or die 2, i started having trouble with saving. I would beat levels, leave the game, come back, and it says i haven't beaten them! Really annoying cause the levels im on are not easy to beat again!
    Anyone else have this problem?

2. Justinm59

Justinm59 Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2008
    I play this game frequently and have not had this problem. That would be pain to b/c none of the levels are easy. Maybe try restarting your phone.

3. Paulio

Paulio Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2008
    Local IGA (supermarket)
    Tasmania, Australia
    I had this happen to me. Luckily it was only one level tho, but it aids to my frustration of the game. It's too hard because of the stupid bounciness, then it forgets you finished the level. Thankfully it was only on the level Me vs. The Gravity. So that one was easy. I think it might have been because I finished the level, pressed go to go to the next level, got pissed off because the game is so frustrating and pressed the home button. Then when I returned. I can't play the next level (The Well, too hard cos of the f-d settings) so I had to do Me vs. The gavity again.
    Has anyone finished all of the levels in the Standard Level pack? I'm finding it hard cos of the bounce, but I'm almost there. 5 more to go! ><

4. Justinm59

Justinm59 Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2008
    Its challenging but I like it, I never want to put it down (except when I get extremely frustrated) I still come back eventually though. I also have 5 left in the standard level pack.

5. noah21c

noah21c Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2008
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Thie happened to be on U-Jump!! Thankfully it only took me like 20 times to beat it again. Has anyone beat The Big Cheese? I swear its impossible!!

6. Mr. Charley

Mr. Charley Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2008
    I can't come close to completing the big cheese. I try maybe once a week to see if I can fluke it out

7. noah21c

Oct 11, 2008
    Pittsburgh, PA
    I ve failed 738 times on that level and Im still trying.

8. powderski11

Nov 16, 2008
    LOL ive beaten big cheese, to bad it forgot :mad:

9. Paulio

Paulio Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2008
    Local IGA (supermarket)
    Tasmania, Australia
    BS. Are you serious?
    My biggest gripe with BoD2 is how levels like the Big Cheese are so boringly simple yet so close to impossible. If they sorted out the suspension, people will actually be able to finish it and then move on to advanced levels where tricks are vital to be able to finish. These levels are heaps more fun as well, and when you finish them, it's not all about 'fluking' it out, but about serious skill which you gain from playing a lot. I'm personally sick of playing these easy boring levels, but I'm stuck doing so as the screwed up suspension is holding back the level complexity over difficulty and results in me not liking the game.

10. noah21c

Oct 11, 2008
    Pittsburgh, PA
    I have beat the Big Cheese!!!!!

11. Flunkie

Flunkie Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2008
    The suspension is part of the game, not something that's wrong with it.

12. powderski11

Nov 16, 2008
    Yeah the suspension adds to the game, but its a little too much. There should be a slider thing (like many racing games have for accelerometer sensitivity) for suspension.
    The saving is the main problem tho.

13. Paulio

Paulio Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2008
    Local IGA (supermarket)
    Tasmania, Australia
    Dude the game is a copy of Elasto Mania, although they have taken this bounce into the concept, I've finished Elma and have only two levels left in the BoD2 standard level pack (finished the Big Cheese) and I know which one is better. The bounciness is part of the game, but it's way too bouncy. That's all I'm saying. It's annoying and restricts what the game can do. You think I can (or anyone) play over 1000 times to have only finished around 40 levels and still enjoy the 'bounce'? That death count is mostly due to the bounce, and that's why they should fix it.
    Just note BoD2 is LESS bouncy on a palm! So why is it like this on iPhone?

14. mrsteveman1

mrsteveman1 Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2008
    I haven't seen it actually take my saves away, but i've seen it glitch a little where it suddenly SHOWS i haven't completed a bunch of them, but if i exit out of the level menu and go right back (still running the game) it goes back to normal.

The suspension doesn't bother me, i can work around that and have beaten all of the standard levels plus a few of the downloaded packs, many of which are much harder than standard.

What bothers me is that the game isn't reacting to what i tell it to do, there have been hundreds of times now where i died because the game refused to rotate the guy again when i pressed the button, making him crash. Try it sometime, its easy to replicate, you can only hit one of the rotate buttons once per second, can't tap again, can't hold them down and keep rotating. This has significantly cut back on how much i play the game because as i get into the harder levels, timing and control get even more critical, and i simply can't control the guy even though i react very quickly.