iPad Bike or Die 2 out

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Carlos-Sz, Nov 19, 2008.

1. bwinton

bwinton Member

Nov 10, 2008
    Yup. Born and raised. Strangely enough, with the exception of University and the house I'm in now, I've never lived more than two blocks away from Davisville subway station.

2. ericxd

ericxd Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2008
    this game is better than the fieldrunners update!

3. alza

alza Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2008
    This is my new favourite.
    I'm up to like level 12, and loving it.
    Like someone said earlier, it's like a platformer/puzzle game.
    I think it could become my most used app, if the last couple of days are anything to go by :D

4. Mr. Charley

Mr. Charley Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2008
    I've been stuck on level 20 for 3 days now! I had to skip 2 levels (Level 14: Big Cheese, and Level 18: Touch Bricks).
    My failure rate is putrid.
    Currently (and believe me, I'm not bragging here), I've completed 17 levels, and failed 1496. And yet, I keep coming back for more....that's a success rate of what? Less than 1%!!!
    I keep getting so close....arrggh, this game has invaded my thoughts and sleep!!

5. That's ridiculous. I won't argue it's fun but with a failure rate like that most won't have the tolerance to keep trying again and again and again and again. Waiting for an update if not it goes to the trash bin.

6. Mr. Charley

Sep 6, 2008
    I totally agree with you. I truly can't understand why I keep coming back for more, I really can't.
    I don't understand what has captivated me to such degree, but it has. You're absolutely right that pretty much any other game, I just quit.
    Take the game Gridlock (ParkingLot equivalent). I'm stuck on one particular level and hardly ever go back to this app any more. And I haven't tried nearly as much as BoD, so I really cannot explain my obsession...

7. bwinton

bwinton Member

Nov 10, 2008
    I'm currently at 11 and 214, but only because I didn't keep any of my beta-testing statistics, which were up around 7 and 1400. :)

I remember the first time I finished Big Cheese. It was glorious, even though my time was 4:00, because I was going so slowly, and stopping after every jump.

And I don't think I ever managed to finish Touch Bricks. I only make it out of the starting tiny space one out of 5 tries, and I never make the jump after that. Well, once, but then I died immediately after. :)

Maybe it's the sensation of progress, and getting slightly farther every time, that makes it so addictive... I don't know either.

8. istopmotion

istopmotion Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2008
    Utah
    I'm up at:
    22 completed levels (I think I'm really really close to getting the hang of 2 more right now) and
    970 failed levels

I think that's pretty good considering how freaking insanely hard this game is! I can't get get enough! :D

9. Mr. Charley

Sep 6, 2008
    Anyone know if it's possible to see stats for 1 particular level as opposed to 'all time' success/fail?
    And istopmotion, that's way better statistics than me! :)

10. bwinton

bwinton Member

Nov 10, 2008
    That should be at the top of the statistics screen... At least it is for me.

11. mrsteveman1

mrsteveman1 Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2008
    After playing for a few days i can say i love this game, it has knocked enigmo off its throne as my favorite, which says a lot.

However my previous quick assessment is correct, the controls are odd. The flip forward/backward buttons don't respond as quick as i would like, and given how sensitive and careful one must be in this game instant response is essential. It seems as though you can only hit one of these 2 buttons once per second or so, more than that does nothing. Also there are a LOT of times where the guy simply doesn't do what i told him to do, stays vertical in a wheelie and falls on his head even though i pressed the button to flatten him back out a bunch of times. This has lowered my success rate substantially.

My previous assessment that it is too easy to die isn't as much an issue once you get the hang of things but i think many people will be put off by it.

Something i would love to see though, would be a playground sort of level, where you can't die and have no real objective, but just have tons of stuff to jump off, run into, twirl around etc. That would be a very welcome addition in between playing the actual levels and would substantially increase the value of the game for just about everyone.

12. currymutton

currymutton Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2008
    It sure would be awesome, but I am kinda short of cashie money right now -- still waiting for a sale to get down below USD$3... :rolleyes:

13. alza

alza Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2008
    Are you serious? I'm up to level 14 with more than 200 failures, and it is not frustrating at all. It's challenging, but the good type of challenge - one where you smile and try again when you lose, because you know where you went wrong.
    It's always your fault when you lose, not the game's.
    Really close now to being my all-time favourite

14. Mr. Charley

Sep 6, 2008
    That would be very cool. Maybe just rack up points for pulling off crazy tricks on all the objects. No time limit, no flags/checkpoints, just you and the course and whatever you think you could do
    Great idea in my opinion

15. bwinton

bwinton Member

Nov 10, 2008
    Good luck with that. I've heard from the developer that he's going to raise the price after the introductory period is over... (I'm not saying buy now, or anything, but I've certainly gotten more fun out of this game than I do out of my extra-large double-double coffee in the morning. And that's saying a lot. ;) )

16. ericxd

ericxd Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2008
    i understand if the person hits something, u fail but...
    why the hell is the bike so stretchy and bouncy....makes the game too dam hard

17. Chocolate

Chocolate Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2010
    Ooh, didn't even know this was available for iOS!

I used to love the 1st game on Palm.

But $6? A bit high. Also looks like it could use some updating, not to mention retina.

18. slamdunk

slamdunk Member

Oct 19, 2010
    a little bit high

Cool Game, but a little bit high price

19. Chocolate

Chocolate Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2010
    #59 Chocolate, Oct 23, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2010
    Yeah, I hope the dev wakes up and updates it, and prices it so people will actually buy it. I bet almost no one is buying it now at $6. The original price of $3 would be OK, but only because there are so many levels available.

20. doodlejumper

doodlejumper Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2010
    Stuck in traffic
    I got it last year at 99 cents, on sale.