iPad Bike or Die 2 out

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Carlos-Sz, Nov 19, 2008.

1. bwinton

bwinton Member

Nov 10, 2008
    My pleasure. I've certainly benefited from other people's answers here when I've decided to buy (or not) games, so it's nice to be able to answer someone else's questions for once. :)

No, not in this version, although perhaps for Bike Or Die 3. ;)

I'm thinking that it could be one of two things.
    1. A bug. It is a beta version he's demoing there. Or...
    2. maybe he's playing back a previous game.

It's probably the second.

2. BrettArchibald

BrettArchibald Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2008
    Male
    Self-employed interactive designer.
    Formerly Zimbabwe - now England.
    Aah, right, that makes sense.
    What the heck, I'll buy it... It's only £1.79. :)

3. bwinton

bwinton Member

Nov 10, 2008
    Cool! I'll see you on the Leaderboard. (Although, you might not see me. I'm a ways down. ;) )

4. Mr. Charley

Mr. Charley Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2008
    Ok, I've decided I'm going to take the plunge and grab this game tonight when I'm off work.
    One final question before I buy though.
    I'm assuming the 2500 levels are level packs. Are these all available offline (I have a touch and not always in wifi range)?

Anyone see any reason not to get this game? :)

5. bwinton

bwinton Member

Nov 10, 2008
    Yup. Well, you'll need to be online to download them to your device, but once you've done that, you can play offline as much as you want. (You also can't upload your best times when you're offline, obviously.)

Actually, double-checking, it comes with 191 levels pre-loaded, and in my years of playing on the Palm, I don't think I've ever made it through all 191. (Even if I had, trying to beat my times on the levels I had already beaten would have kept me busy for a long time after that.)

Well, my wife would have preferred that I didn't buy the game, cause now she has approximately 50% less of my attention. ;)

6. This is the game I've been waiting for. Tad harder to play than I expected so a bit frustrating but I'm sure once I get used to it more it be an absolute joy.

7. BATTLE BORN

BATTLE BORN Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2008
    Las Vegas, NV
    this game is awesome. played 2 levels on my lunch break and I can see this is about to consume LOTS of my time.

8. 1337brian

1337brian Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2008
    In My Head
    Damn you Battle, now I have to get it, i have been on the fence untill now... Thank you very much! :mad:
    /sarcasm

9. Mr. Charley

Sep 6, 2008
    Ok, so here's my thoughts so far.
    I'm stuck on the first stage (yes, the first stage, you can stop laughing). Riding School...obviously I need it.
    I've played it for about 20 minutes and keep killing myself. Patience is obviously not one of my strengths. I must say that I hated Jelly Car, found it absolutely frustrating. I'm actually loving BoD 2, as when I crash (and I obviously crash often), it's my fault. Just when I think I've beaten the level, I go zooming down the course only to wipe myself out. At least it's my fault, and not due to the accelerometer.
    But I can feel the potential control I will one day (hopefully sooner rather than later), control over my biker...I am already dreaming about doing flips and landing them, just like the intro. Oh my wife is not going to like me tonight....
    Bike or Die baby! :)

10. bwinton

bwinton Member

Nov 10, 2008
    :)

If you want to see how the pros do it, you can watch them online.

(Not that you'll be able to do what they do, but you might get some ideas on how fast to go for certain sections, or which parts to do first.)

11. Mr. Charley

Sep 6, 2008
    Ah that is freakin' ridiculous! Definitely lets me know that I can use more practice (but I knew that before watching some of those videos)
    Thanks bwinton. If I didn't feel bad enough about myself, I sure do now! LOL

BTW: I'm on level 3 now! hehe

12. rhcpdrummer

rhcpdrummer Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2008
    Aw man

this game looks grweat from what egeryones saying but, I have 6 bucks left in my account so should I get this or some other game that's six bucks or less

13. bwinton

bwinton Member

Nov 10, 2008
    You think that's crazy, check out Downhill Madness. I could play for the rest of my life, and not get anywhere near that time.

Or Hall Of Mirrors. Or Underground. :eek:

At this rate you'll be done all the levels in... Uh... Carry the 3... A long time. :) (Have you uploaded any levels yet? What's your name on bike.toyspring.com?)

14. bwinton

bwinton Member

Nov 10, 2008
    Don't make me say it again. I'm already feeling like a shill. :)

It's a no brainer. Buy it. You won't regret it.

15. Mr. Charley

Sep 6, 2008
    I'm logged in as "Mr. Charley" (surprise surprise). I'll be under the country Canada, city of Toronto

16. eyemh8

eyemh8 Well-Known Member

Oct 28, 2008
    To stay stupid
    Estes Park co.
    It might just be me but after playing for a few hrs. I can't help but think it's like a puzzle/platformer/racer and that is f****** awsome!!! Just wanted to share that:D

17. bwinton

bwinton Member

Nov 10, 2008
    You're kidding, right? You're the second Bike-Or-Die-er from Toronto I've met (virtually) today. Mike Flips, the current champion, is also from T-Dot.

Small world, but I wouldn't want to paint it. :)

Later,
    Blake.

18. (klondike)

(klondike) Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2008
    How do you download more levels? I bought it but I can't figure it out.

19. bwinton

bwinton Member

Nov 10, 2008
    Dude! You're already done with the built-in levels?!? ;)

Menu >> Play Another Level >> More >> Download more levelpacks (opens safari) >> (Find a fun looking level) The red down-arrow (re-opens Bike Or Die) >> Install (or Install & Play, if you want).

20. Mr. Charley

Sep 6, 2008
    Nope, no joke. From Toronto. You as well?