Universal Big Shot Boxing (By Colin Lane Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Dec 6, 2017.

1. ggallin

ggallin Well-Known Member

May 10, 2013
    Photographer
    Argentina
    I still playing my carrer mode in pro belt, my record is 35W/3L and 25 defences eith 37 years.

I love when Ivan appears like the young future champ (and love the vasyl loma similitude and each other boxer reminicenses) but i fight against the 4 same guys every time, i think be great more new contenders when i was old, this make more emphaty with my carrer and defenses...

One more future desire for a great game of boxing: make my own customizable boxer when i can select the name, the faces, tattoos, etc.

Thanks for this game and constantly feedback with the players!

2. ColinL

ColinL Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

Jul 29, 2014
    Nice thats a great record, In the future I want to add a longer table so it will take a bit longer to win the title. In the first major update (2.0) I have a load of new boxers going in so then I will be able to keep adding new challengers to the belt for probably most of your career.

I am planning a character creator for later this year, It will have the things you requested.

There should be a small update going live in a few days that adds a couple more boxers as well as some new text for the new coach.

Thanks again for the support!

3. spooky23

spooky23 Well-Known Member

Jun 30, 2011
    Don't know if this is a potential future possibility, but the crowds in attendance during the boxing fights - perhaps depending on ranking they differ? So say small venues, to bigger venues to say a Madison Sq Garden and even a stadium - all depending on where you're at in your career. Nothing fancy, perhaps 3 different backgrounds to add a little bit of extra atmosphere.

Keep up the good work.

4. Gwarmaxx

Gwarmaxx Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701
    this game is a gem, more and more beautiful at every update... thanks Colin!!!

5. ColinL

ColinL Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

Jul 29, 2014
    Yeah I like the concept, its something I can experiment with, the main issue right now is that the backgrounds are quite big art assets so I don't want to add too many of them.

Thank you! I'm really enjoying working on this game and have plenty of ideas of how to expand it further.

6. ggallin

May 10, 2013
    Photographer
    Argentina
    I think BSB is perfect for multiplayer, maybe in the future?

Great coach text update!

7. johnnyu1991

johnnyu1991 Member

Aug 28, 2017
    What a great and unique game. Will SPEED ever be an attribute or have you determined that different levels of this skill would throw the game out of whack?

I would like to see stats. The scoring appears to be dead on.

I started on Pro and am struggling compared to the better players (11-4 in my second career, 17-22 in my first).

How can I see how many career points I have? Do I have to accumulate these points in ONE career to be able to purchase other boxers?

8. ColinL

ColinL Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

Jul 29, 2014
    Thanks! glad you like it. No unfortunately I can't adjust the actual speed of the punches because of the joint set up of the arms, It just causes too many issues. What sort of stats would you like? punches landed during the fight?

Pro mode is pretty difficult, make sure you upgrade chin and power early. You can see your career points at the bottom of the character unlock screen, they are saved over multiple careers, you never lose them until you spend them.

9. johnnyu1991

johnnyu1991 Member

Aug 28, 2017
    Scoring punches landed/thrown, Crosses landed/thrown, Uppercuts landed/thrown.

I can see that but I like the challenge. In my second career, I'm down to 17-16-1 (6 KOs). As I mentioned in a previous post I started that second career at 11-4.

10. johnnyu1991

johnnyu1991 Member

Aug 28, 2017
    Uppercut Versus Cross

Is there any formula for how much more an uppercut counts in the scoring versus the cross?

11. ggallin

May 10, 2013
    Photographer
    Argentina
    I retire my old boxer with 55 years old with 51 defences but my record not actualiced on the game center. Do you know why?

I currently go for the 70 defences in new career!

Love the stats idea!

Do you think on multiplayer in future updates?

Im adicted to BSB!

12. johnnyu1991

johnnyu1991 Member

Aug 28, 2017
    Are you playing on Pro level?

13. ggallin

May 10, 2013
    Photographer
    Argentina
    Yes!

14. johnnyu1991

johnnyu1991 Member

Aug 28, 2017
    Impressive. What boxer are you using in your current career?

I wonder if online multiplayer will ever happen for this game?

15. ColinL

ColinL Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

Jul 29, 2014
    Wow, amazing stuff, you must the the Greatest of ALL time!

I had a look and can't see why it wouldn't save, as long as you had internet at the time then the score should be sent to GC.

Sadly online multiplayer won't be coming to this version, its way beyond my skills and the capabilities of the game engine I'm using.

16. johnnyu1991

johnnyu1991 Member

Aug 28, 2017
    Too bad about online, but maybe later. I don't know how ggallin does it because I just switched to NOVICE. Even that is a considerably challenge to me.

17. ggallin

May 10, 2013
    Photographer
    Argentina
    #57 ggallin, Feb 1, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2018

Lol GC Have records with 60+ defences, so im going to try beat this 4 now.

The records submites every new defence or when the boxer is retired?

Sad, the game have too much potencial on multiplayer in my opinion.

18. ggallin

May 10, 2013
    Photographer
    Argentina
    I try to attach some screenshots but the platform not load the images.

My strategy is early defensive and counterpunch with cross all the time, 1-2 when the rival attack me, banging with a good chin with uppers after some knockdowns.

19. johnnyu1991

johnnyu1991 Member

Aug 28, 2017
    Thanks for the tips.

Are you native to Argentina? Were you a Carlos Monzon fan or was that before your time? He was one of my favorite fighters.

20. ggallin

May 10, 2013
    Photographer
    Argentina
    Yes i love monzon, my argentinian favorite boxer is "el roña" castro he dislike the gym but got natural talent, you can check the fight against roy jones jr, he loses but is a great fight anyway, nicolino loche is another great boxer, the untouchable is your nickname, perfect defence!