iPad Big Fun Racing

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by emb531, Feb 6, 2009.

1. emb531

emb531 Well-Known Member

Nov 12, 2008
  2. superbad

superbad Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2008
    CEO. Reviewer. Beta Tester.
    You need to stalk me?
    wow! ive been waiting for this!!!!

3. goblues11

goblues11 Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2008
    Bought
    I will post my thoughts in the morning

4. Mahaa93

Mahaa93 Well-Known Member

Could someone leave a quick review, as the price goes up in 24 hours.

5. notintheleastbit

Feb 6, 2009
    #5 notintheleastbit, Feb 6, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2009
    Don't waste your money...

The graphics look okay in the pics, but when you start playing, its all slow and choppy. The control layout is fine, the physics, however, are not that great. You do your best to drive around some obstacles and jump some ramps to collect coins (I say do your best because the car is really hard to control). IMO, the graphics, physics, and gameplay are all very poor.

6. NotYou

NotYou Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2008
    Colorado
    I only played it for a little bit. It could be a realy good game if they make the controls more sensitive and fix the camera movement (especially when you try backing up). An update could make it a lot of fun.

7. Silver Orange

Silver Orange Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2008
    California
    Screenshots don't look very good at all. I think I will definitely pass on this one.

8. Morti

Morti Well-Known Member

@notintheleastbit: I'm sorry to hear that it runs choppy. I've seen this during development only rarely and usually rebooting the device helped.

9. superbad

Nov 6, 2008
    You need to stalk me?
    im loving the game.

it got choppy only once during the first track. needs some camera fixing though but im really enjoying it!

10. Chumbake

Chumbake Well-Known Member

So do I believe Notintheleastbit, the Junior Member with one post, that says he can't control the car or Superbad, who's loving the game and has almost 900 posts?

11. superbad

Nov 6, 2008
    You need to stalk me?
    ok before you hold me accountable on the purchase. let me expand a little bit more. :D

yes. the car is a little too sensitive. a little move, your car goes one direction.

yes. when backing up, the camera gets out of focus and gets too zoomed in to the floor.

yes. the game is still much playable with these two things taken into account.

yes. you can pick your car type.

yes. there are downloadable internet tracks and great music.

YES. at this price i think you should purchase it. im sure the issues would be fixed once updated but the question is... will it still be $0.99? :p

12. superbad

Nov 6, 2008
    You need to stalk me?
    one more YES!

once you get to ramps and bridges, that is WHERE the actual FUN starts!!!

ULTIMATE BUY FOR ME

13. Blaqkie

Blaqkie Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2009
    I just got the game because you guys liked it, on youtube it looked fun, and the first time I heard about it was on this thread!

(I just joined today and I'm glad I did!)

14. superbad

Nov 6, 2008
    You need to stalk me?
    welcome!!!! we love new people who arent just here for codes

dont kill me if you dont like it as much as i do. :p

15. arn

arn Administrator
    Staff Member

Apr 19, 2008
    well, here's my take.

It definitely feels a little rough at first. And backing up really seems frustrating.

That said, once you get few levels in, it does become fun. Like superbad said, once you get some air and bounce around a little, it's much more enjoyable.

If the game interests you, it's worth $0.99.

tip for the controls: lay off the acceleration. your car will drift for a while. So just hit it intermittantly.

arn

16. Blaqkie

Blaqkie Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2009
    Well it's nice to have a welcome! :)

I was questioning the amount of free promo codes today especially, but I like this forum mostly for the people's interest, the ipod and iphone (of course), and because I've been watching toucharcade.com for about a month and decided to finally join the community. :)

17. hkiphone

hkiphone Well-Known Member

Oct 7, 2008
    Maybe he lurks all the time but this time was so distraught by the game that he felt the irresistable urge to sign up and mark his first post as a criticism of the game?? :)

18. Diablohead

Diablohead Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2009
    Freelancer, PC game developer
    #18 Diablohead, Feb 6, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2009
    Games which require you to use a bit of skill and the ability to control a physics based vehicle are always fun in my books, I love 'em

Brought and playing right now :)

*edit* also thanks for leaving in a fps counter, the game has yet to drop below 35fps on my 2nd gen touch.

19. superbad

Nov 6, 2008
    You need to stalk me?
    fans of MARIO KART should get this game. especially if you like the mini game where you collect coins.

im thinking future updates of this app would take you to different worlds and incorporate black holes and shizz like that.

where it stands though is totally fine with me. of course except those sensitivity and backing up issues.