iPad Big Bike or Die 2 Update

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by isimon1207, Dec 5, 2008.

1. would be all over this game if it wasn't $6.99

2. CrocStock

CrocStock Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2008
    Thats why you should of bought it when it was £1.79 :p

3. BulletDev

BulletDev Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2008
    produce applications under "Bullet Development"
    Vancouver, BC
    I don't think I'll be buying this game, even with the update. It looks fun, it's just that I don't want to go bankrupt :(

4. BrettArchibald

BrettArchibald Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2008
    Self-employed interactive designer.
    Formerly Zimbabwe - now England.
    Yes, but unfortunately none of the updated elements of the game actually affect the bike itself, ie: its "bounciness" or its sensitivity... :(

5. mattyduk

mattyduk Well-Known Member

Jul 22, 2008
    to be fair, the "bounciness" is the same in my Palm Zodiac (don't laugh !) version, but what makes that one easier to play, are the physical controls (including vibration) not onscreen ones

6. Paulio

Paulio Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2008
    Local IGA (supermarket)
    Tasmania, Australia
    Just wondering, in the older version, do you still die from stupid things caused by the 'bounce'? This is my only gripe of the game. Suspension softness and recoil control/adjustment would just about make my day. I was disappointed not to see this in the update.. Maybe later tho. It's still a sweet as game.

7. mattyduk

Jul 22, 2008
    yes you still die. bounce too much and hit your head on the ceiling or nastily placed spike. I've played BOD & BOD2 on my Zodiac for the last 2 years nearly every work day, and the biggest problem I have with the iphone version is the lack of hardware buttons and vibration - it just leaves the game feeling very floaty. Some of the levels require very quick swapping of direction/braking and I find that difficult to do when I haven't got any physical buttons.

The screen is is fantastically clear compared to my zodiac version, but it's one the few conversions i've been disappointed with so far.

Mat

8. Paulio

Paulio Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2008
    Local IGA (supermarket)
    Tasmania, Australia
    Ah that's interesting to hear. As your obviously a master at this game, in you opinion what do you think of the suspension of the bike? Is you success rate tiny like mine and do you get frustrated like me when you (well you might not have to but I do) repeat levels over and over etc. just to finish. Or have you developed über BoD skills as to be really consistant with the game?

9. mattyduk

Jul 22, 2008
    heheh. Well I'm definitely not a master of it !! I'm just addicted to it and wish they would convert it to some other consoles (XBLA - community games would be ideal, or even the DS/PSP).

The frustration for me is much less on the Zodiac version, but I still get the same massive sense of satisfaction when I finish a level that's had me stuck.I normally play about 10 to 15 minutes a day at work, so sometimes I can be stuck on a level for 2 weeks !!

As a biker, it's definitely not a true physics based game, but I still think the lack of physical controls on the Iphone, in this case, hamper the game design. If you feel a move needs correcting, with hardware buttons, it's much quicker and assured to make the correction without missing the on screen button, touching another onscreen button by mistake or overcorrecting

Maybe the author could introduce a physics "dampner" for the iphone version. He's quite approachable and willing to listen.

10. istopmotion

istopmotion Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2008
    Utah
    Well, in my opinion, $8 would be how much it is worth. The game will literally give you HUNDREDS of hours of play. It's super addicting and has a extremely high replay value. It's one of the hardest games I have and it's also my most used game :)

This game is really worth it

11. isimon1207

isimon1207 Active Member

Dec 5, 2008
    Yeah anyone that isnt sure whether to buy this game, I would. I payed 2 bucks and i would probably pay 7 for it. Its got great replay value and a great online community.

12. BrettArchibald

BrettArchibald Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2008
    Self-employed interactive designer.
    Formerly Zimbabwe - now England.
    Yeah, and that's just the time spent trying to get through the first level! :)

13. Ok I switched the Go and Stop button to my left thumb and right, left and switch directions buttons to my right thumb and that did help I think. Also put the right and left buttons a little spread apart further so don't accidentally hit one or the other. Still though this guy needs to ditch the bike and get a motorbike with decent suspension.

14. nickels

nickels Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2008
    Web Developer / Designer
    PA, USA
    Level 6 took me like 200 tries to beat it. If the iPhone didn't cost a fortune... this is the first app where I just about threw my iPhone in anger.

15. 1337brian

1337brian Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2008
    In My Head
    I really wanted them to add a download all tracks button...

16. Killquake

Killquake Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2008
    To me, that means its a good game :D

and a download all tracks button would download 2500+ tracks.... really?

17. LOFTUS KING

LOFTUS KING Member

Dec 2, 2008
    This is rinse and repeat gaming at it's finest but I do find it terribly frustrating and agree with some of the other comments, very floaty controls and the slightest twitch can end up killing your character.
    Some people may love this - but it's not for me.

18. 1337brian

1337brian Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2008
    In My Head
    Oh yea... I have the memory

19. CrocStock

CrocStock Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2008
    #20 CrocStock, Dec 6, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2008
    Not a major update, they really need to bring out things like...

- Level Editor
    - Rankings (Gold, Silver, Bronze)
    - Multiplayer
    - An Integrated Online Community (The site is too dysfunctional and inconvenient as it is)

Then the game certainly would be worth it's now £4 price tag.