Universal Big Bang Racing (by Traplight Ltd.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by touchy85, Jul 27, 2016.

1. FiloMJ

FiloMJ Well-Known Member

May 16, 2015
    Male

Now i know that that was The free chest.

Amazing game... On all aspects For me.

2. GiHubb

GiHubb Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Apr 27, 2010
    CEO
    #102 GiHubb, Aug 13, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2016
    Do the hats carry a specific stat boost or are they cosmetic only?

3. Hiipi

Hiipi Active Member

Oct 28, 2009
    Graphics Dude
    Tampere, Finland
    The hats are purely cosmetic, no effect on performance. They are the first step in customization and there's more to come.

4. GiHubb

GiHubb Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Apr 27, 2010
    CEO
    Here's how to get the secret hats. Just follow these people - from the Create menu search for them. Note you can immediately unfollow the person, you'll still keep the hat --

Swag hat: Follow Spencer23$
    Mr. T style hair: AndroiMers
    Cat on head: Alvaro845 (If you can't find his account - search @bw5c)
    Robot mask: BootrampYoutube
    Fallout style helmet: Petard
    Bird mask: mcsportzhawk
    Golden crown: Reversal

5. traplightgames

traplightgames Well-Known Member

Oct 28, 2009
    Game developer
    Tampere, Finland
    Hi there guys!

Since the global launch we've received a huge amount of feedback, ideas, request, general inquires and comments regarding the game, and we thank each and every one of you for taking your time to write to us and to share your thoughts :) We really appreciate the feedback, and without you guys it would be really hard to know in which direction the game should be developed in the future.
    We thought it would be fun share with you some of the most requested features based on player feedback and our comments on them!

1. The ability to EDIT or DELETE already published levels

This is by far the most asked for feature, and we understand why. It is frustrating when you have used hours to polish your creation, and then you accidentally publish the level while testing the last loop or trap, and you end up publishing the level with your vehicle at the very end of the complex track. And of course there are countless other use cases, which can be equally as frustrating.

We have heard you, and I'm happy to say that we have added this feature on our "lets-start-looking-into-this-thing" list! I just want to warn you guys, that it is not a very easy feature to make as deleting the levels affect all the players who have already played or are playing the said level, and it can take some time to get the feature to work, but we promise we are working on it! We are not sure if it even CAN be done, but we will do our best, and let you know as soon as we know more about this :)

2. Vehicle Customization!

Everyone wants to express themselves, and what a better way to do it than pimping up favourite vehicle with cool colours and whatnot! We have wanted to have vehicle customisation in the game for a long time. We already have some almost-ready-stuff on our tables that will hopefully be ready soon, and even more not-so-ready-stuff under our tables. I won't say any details at this point, but we can definitely promise that something is coming! Just hang in there, we'll get the customisation features there eventually :)

3. New Vehicles

YES! We also want new vehicles to the game! :D We will soon start making prototypes, but as the game is both physics AND skill based, it takes time to find a new vehicle that is fun to play, has skill based elements and is different enough from the already existing vehicles to bring something completely new to the game. We will also let you guys know when we have more to tell about this. But for now, try to enjoy the two, awesome vehicles that we already have! ;)

4. Profile pictures

It is indeed a bit silly that at the moment you can't change your profile picture without being connected to Facebook, but other players have these cool alien images?! We realised how silly this was the moment we heard the first cries from you guys. We will make some changes to this, but the schedule is still a bit of a question mark. In any case, there should be more profile picture options available in the future.

Is there something on your mind that is not on this list, some feature that you would absolutely like to see in Big Bang Racing? :) Please tell us, and we will add it to the feedback list! We're checking the list frequently and taking notes on which are the most requested/hated/loved features, and adding things to our development schedule based on that feedback. Cheers!

[​IMG]

6. FiloMJ

FiloMJ Well-Known Member

May 16, 2015
    Male
    My dream is to have removed any ADS like clash Royale.

But in any case The game is so good that i can ignore the chest with ads and go on without it.

7. GiHubb

GiHubb Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Apr 27, 2010
    CEO
    #107 GiHubb, Aug 23, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2016
    Yeah romving ads while still being able to double up with better coins on adventure levels would be cool.

I also think some other features should be available to the team such as: assigning other leaders, and being able to donate/receive parts kind of like in Clash Royale. As is, there isn't much incentive to be part of a team.

EDIT: in my opinion, buying any sort of IAP should remove ads as well. It's quite reasonable and expected actually.

8. traplightgames

Oct 28, 2009
    Game developer
    Tampere, Finland
    New Update – Custom Trails & Youtube links!

We have a new a new update coming hopefully tomorrow already! It's currently in Apple's review process, but should be through tomorrow!

The update will have two New Major Features: EPIC TRAILS and YOUTUBE CHANNEL LINKS

Trails will be purchasable decorations for your vehicles, so you can choose to have for example flames, rainbows or soap bubbles trailing after you as you drive :) Your ghosts will also have the Trails, so all the other players will be able to see your Trail too!

Youtube Channel Links mean that you can now link your own Youtube Channel to your Big Bang Racing profile, and whenever people play your level, they have a chance to go straight to your channel to see your Big Bang Racing level creation or racing videos :) We would love to see a lot of new level creation videos, as they are so much fun to watch! Here's a good example of Spencer23$ creating a level in time laps (starts at 12:40):

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. Mr. Charley

Mr. Charley Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2008
    Anyone here want to to join Touch Arcade 2?
    Our team is ridiculously small and may not warrant ongoing activity if we cannot recruit some additional members...
    Come on, join, all the cool kids are doing it!

10. FiloMJ

FiloMJ Well-Known Member

May 16, 2015
    Male

I'm trying to get 500 trophies to join you.

Some days i've been trying... Hope tonight to get them.

11. FiloMJ

FiloMJ Well-Known Member

May 16, 2015
    Male
    #111 FiloMJ, Aug 25, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2016
    Big Bang Racing (by Traplight Ltd.)

I've just got my 500 and i see that you need 1000 :-(

So sad!

http://goo.gl/qNqxI4

But I love This Game!

12. FiloMJ

FiloMJ Well-Known Member

May 16, 2015
    Male
    Masterpiece of a Game, and without opening The ADS chests.

13. Mr. Charley

Mr. Charley Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2008
    I've just reduced it to 500 :)

14. FiloMJ

FiloMJ Well-Known Member

May 16, 2015
    Male
    Big Bang Racing (by Traplight Ltd.)

Thankyou!

Tonight i'll try to re-get my 500 :p

15. GiHubb

GiHubb Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Apr 27, 2010
    CEO
    I think you're using a new ad service as since the latest update, it sometimes freezes and I have to kill the app. It happens when I click on "Spin" - the app just hangs.

16. traplightgames

Oct 28, 2009
    Game developer
    Tampere, Finland
    Hi! That sounds bad, and yes, we did indeed add a new ad network to the game to fill in some gaps, so maybe there is something wrong with that one... We're really sorry about this issue! Could you please send us a message with the in-game support chat? You can find it in Settings -> Support. This would help us detect and fix this problem faster. Thank you so much!

17. FiloMJ

FiloMJ Well-Known Member

May 16, 2015
    Male
    But you didn't add more ADS in The game, right?

18. traplightgames

Oct 28, 2009
    Game developer
    Tampere, Finland
    No, just another network as a backup :)

19. FiloMJ

FiloMJ Well-Known Member

May 16, 2015
    Male
    This is seriously going For my GOTY.

i play so much games... You can see my GC... But this... Every play session is different, challenging, rewarding...

I'm your number 1 fan.

20. GiHubb

GiHubb Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Apr 27, 2010
    CEO
    Done!