Universal Big Bang Racing (by Traplight Ltd.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by touchy85, Jul 27, 2016.

1. baldeagle86

baldeagle86 Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2013
    Cool cool cool!! Thanks to both of you for your responses! :)

2. traplightgames

traplightgames Well-Known Member

Oct 28, 2009
    Game developer
    Tampere, Finland
    #62 traplightgames, Aug 9, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2016
    None of the Adventure or Race level progressions are identical :) That means that every player in the world has a slightly different experience, or even drastically different if they start playing at very different times. The algorithms make sure that newer levels have always a chance to break through to people's progressions, so anyone who starts for example 6 months from now will see mostly different levels on their paths or races.

You can compare it to for example Youtube, where the good or popular content rises to the front page or different lists, but no one video can stay there forever. Some videos (or in our case, levels), can become legendary and the creators can get a lot of followers, which means their new content will have better chances of breaking through in the future. But it all comes down to what people like at that particular time :) It's part of the complex server side structure that we have been working on for many years.

I hope this answered your question! :)

3. GiHubb

GiHubb Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Apr 27, 2010
    CEO
    Sure did!

4. FiloMJ

FiloMJ Well-Known Member

May 16, 2015
    Male
    The game is good BUT i'll play more to see if timers ruin it like they did on rerunners.

5. sweetdiss

sweetdiss Well-Known Member

Jun 15, 2009
    It's closer to Clash Royale than ReRunners. You can keep playing while waiting for chests to unlock.

6. sweetdiss

Jun 15, 2009
    I made a level inspired by Trials today. There are no conveyor belts or fans or anything like that to gently guide you to the end while you press Right. This is a level that requires skillful handling of the bike over tricky terrain and obstacles. For that reason, it will probably be downvoted into oblivion.

But I encourage you all to try it anyway. : ) I'm really proud of how "Trials"-y it feels.

https://bbr.traplightgames.com/level/57aa426b290000290011df6c/
    "Tribute to Trials"

7. FiloMJ

FiloMJ Well-Known Member

May 16, 2015
    Male
    This is good. But turbos recharges?

8. FiloMJ

FiloMJ Well-Known Member

May 16, 2015
    Male

First slope is really difficult!

#bigbangracing
    http://goo.gl/0TJP06

9. FiloMJ

FiloMJ Well-Known Member

May 16, 2015
    Male
    So good This Game...

I want to finish you race?

Is there a way to save it?

#bigbangracing http://goo.gl/dYVtw9

10. FiloMJ

FiloMJ Well-Known Member

May 16, 2015
    Male
    I followed you Sweetdiss! Track is really difficult! I like it! I wanna make it! Voted! ;-) so good...

11. GiHubb

GiHubb Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Apr 27, 2010
    CEO
    I like the level design a lot and did "like" it but I feel it should have been an adventure level and not a race level - 5 attempts to complete it is not enough, especially with the final slope that I'm not sure people with lesser bikes could climb on top of the ice jump which is hard to pull off without a bit of trial-and-error.

12. Hiipi

Hiipi Active Member

Oct 28, 2009
    Graphics Dude
    Tampere, Finland

REALLY good racing level - at least with my 655 cc Dirtbike! We do have a clear problem with players downvoting difficult levels, and it shows especially in Races where the easiest levels seem to get most votes. We have to solve this somehow. I'm trying to fight against this trend one MegaLike at a time, it's a small effort but hopefully it helps at least you!

If you guys have some ideas how you would want your difficult levels to be treated, let us know!

I was a bit too eager... :D
    [​IMG]

13. aeschylus72

aeschylus72 Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2012
    I see kick members is now active, can you let us know when you clean out the TA guild so we can join

14. Hiipi

Hiipi Active Member

Oct 28, 2009
    Graphics Dude
    Tampere, Finland
    Yes.

Attached Files:

15. Mr. Charley

Mr. Charley Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2008
    Yes, let us know!
    I don't remember who started the guild and too lazy to look a few pages back but if no response within 2 days becausee they don't play the game anymore, maybe I'll just start toucharcade2 if required :)

16. traplightgames

traplightgames Well-Known Member

Oct 28, 2009
    Game developer
    Tampere, Finland
    Btw, if you log in within 24 hours (starting from NOW!) you get a nice surprise. It's only available during this limited time period, so don't miss it! ;)

17. sweetdiss

Jun 15, 2009
    Yeah I struggled with whether to make it racing or adventure. I went with racing because you can check your time that way (more in the spirit of Trials) but you are right that adventure probably would have been better for the unlimited attempts. I kinda wish I could change it now.

Also I assumed that the bike they give you for testing the level is super basic so any one else can beat it too, but that could be wrong!

18. sweetdiss

Jun 15, 2009
    Hahaha that is amazing...

19. aeschylus72

aeschylus72 Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2012
    I just raced someone with 884cc how is that possible?

20. GiHubb

GiHubb Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Apr 27, 2010
    CEO
    The leader of the Toucharcade team is still very much active, we both keep competing for 3rd place so he definitely logs on and races. I'll suggest in the internal team chat to kick the players who obviously stopped playing and raise the cup limit to 1000 to ensure more dedicated players join.